Hi there! Introducing myself

Hello! nice to meet you all. I’m a Spanish biology student and speculative biology nerd, so of course I really love the concept of Thrive. I actually discovered it waaaaaay back when I was just looking for an alternative to Spore and Thrive was on one of its first releases. I rediscovered it a few days ago and I loved it, i’ve been playing it non-stop to try and replicate some of the organisms I study (My favourite build thus far is the euglenid build, just chloroplasts, two flagella and a lot of engulfing) and to explore some hipotetical ones. I’d love to contribute to the game’s development in some way, but I don’t have coding or artistic skills, so I’ll just sometimes propose some wacky (but scientifically based) ideas on the forum like haptonemas or digestive exosomes hehe.

And well, about me: I love cooking, plants, hard games and weird music. I hope we can get along well ^^

17 Likes

Welcome to the forums, @Tunguska! I hope you have a great time here in the Thrive Community Forums!

5 Likes

Hello @Tunguska! Welcome to the forums!
Could I interest you in joining a forum game or two, or even creating your own?

1 Like

Forum game? tell me about it

1 Like

WLOCOME to the forume!

I hope u will enjoy ur stay here in our “very” small communitiy

2 Likes

VVelconne to the forunns!

2 Likes

Yes, yes, there are many forum games on the thrive forums, most of them dead, but there are a few that are running currently, such as Immortal, and Oderhan. They are really fun to play, well, Oderhan hasn’t gotten past the first round yet so you could probably join.

3 Likes

How do these games work and where can I join? I might be interested :eyes:

2 Likes

You can always enter the first post of a forum game that caught your eye and is active and write that you can join and whoever writes can reply to you.
You can always ask others or create your own. It’s not an easy job to run a forum game, but it never hurts.
If this forum game is free to just write something according to their rules, then you are more welcome than ever.
Of course you can always ask questions, everyone here is nice (my last check)

3 Likes

Stay. Away. From the discord. If someone offers to add you to a game discord, refuse. Never join the main discord.

Edit: also hello Tunguska, nice username!

3 Likes

I not very active in the discord, it rare for me to be there, soo I stay in my words

3 Likes

Idk about all discords, I know at least the PH discord is cool as long as you stay out of the memes chat

Also welcome to the forums! If you want to learn more about forum games, check out #forum-games

3 Likes

Guess I’ll take a look ^^ thank you

4 Likes

I’ll keep it on mind hahah. And thanks about he name! I love your napstablook profile pic

2 Likes

Welcome to the community forums!

2 Likes

Good thing I found that out before I decided to look at it.

Wait, so how do I make a forum game and then run it? I have an idea for one.

3 Likes

Make a thread that explains the initial plot, the rules and how to join. Then, after enough people join, run the game. It’s preferable that the game be played in rounds but I don’t know what a free form system looks like so it’s up to you. Chances are if you make a game I’ll join it.

3 Likes

Alright thanks for the answer

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.