How to install mods

so then what is the file name that i have to replace cuz there is only 1 file but it says th.pak

what mod are you trying to install?

th.pak sounds like an Electron language file, that’s the framework that is used to make the Launcher. So my guess would be that you are looking in the wrong folder.

Btw for 0.5.6, I’m working on a little something that looks like this:

I’ll also try to make some modding tutorials but it’ll probably take a while until those are in really good shape.

5 Likes

I thought that @Evolution4Weak was working on it…

I think they stopped working on it and closed the pull request. And that was months ago, I think. So I did my own thing entirely from scratch.

Well my version just got bugged out and literally won’t open so I just decided to just to close it and reimplement on a fresh version but I just haven’t had time to work on it

is there anyway i can help with this though?

You could help investigate this:

and also how to make mods with gdscript. Those are things I haven’t had time to fully look into yet.

making mods with gd seems to be basically the same as making mods with c# except you don’t have to mess around with dll’s and some classes can’t be accessed right now (like the constant class or i think any static class), so there need to be some sort of gdscript interface to make that work but it seem gdscript mod work right now

edit:
also made some ui edits if you are interested:

2 Likes

How do the scripts from them get executed? Did you have to overwrite an existing scene or something to get the code to load?

Edit: opened an issue about this: Make an example gdscript mod · Issue #5 · Revolutionary-Games/ThriveMods · GitHub

The left/right margin of the top panel with the item lists could have some more space. Maybe add a bit more spacing between those bottom buttons and the middle panel, Lato font would also probably look nice for the mod description. Not sure about the usefulness of the move up/down button at the center. Other than that, that UI layout looks great :+1:

I think the bigger icon may become problematic as big images can’t scale down nicely, so each mod would need to specify two icons, one for the lists, and one for the image showing.
Also I’d place the reordering buttons to the right of the loaded mod list, because there is no need to reorder the available mods list.

currently yeah they need overwrite a scene first, they don’t auto execute right now

The icon is supposed be for preview images ,just a gallery of images that mods can show if they want to i just added it since i had it in my own mod loader and i just copied it from it, the icon is still small shown next to the mod name,

i think it be useful to be able to reorder mods in both lists as i personally like to organize everything before and then just enable all

better?

1 Like

That needs separate storage. I very much would not like to keep extra state just to have inactive mods order list. At least in my mind that is something I don’t want in Settings.

So there is a need to support in the mod loader an autoload system that allows a tscn defined in a mod to be automatically instanced and attached to the root node.

What’s that language?

Latin, it’s just standard lorem ipsum, basically filler text for testing

You could have just… actually deleted it. Then it wouldn’t have needed to meet the twenty characters limit.

if ill delete post you should do the same so you don’t look like talking to noone

Delete your posts if you actually want them deleted. I deleted the post immediately.

I’ll note in this thread that mod authors should distribute mods as .zip files that contain a folder with the required mod contents in it. To install such a mod all that’s needed to be done is to unzip the folder from the .zip file to the Thrive mods folder (accessible with a button in the mod manager in the game).

For reference I talked about this here: