Humanity in the next ice age

So lets say humanity isn’t off Earth before the next ice age, all mars colonization attempts have failed and we have not developed cryostasis or FTL travel to leave Earth, what will happen? I want possible theories of what Earth’s nations or a unified Earth would do to survive. If no preparation is taken and an ice age hits a lot of people will die but not everyone, survival of humanity isn’t the question, it is survival of society.

Well, we also have an incoming asteroid and global warming to deal with, and I don’t trust these dangerous trends to keep us warm.

A rise in snow jacket sales, everyone would probably move to Australia, the mammoth population kept secret by the government would flourish, global warming would be a thing of the past and the polar ice caps would re-ice themselves. Now im kinda hoping for an ice age.

1 Like

You… uh… do know that ice age would most likely for a big part be caused by global warming right?

1 Like

Exactly, and then the earth went cold. the end.

Ah, because it looked like you said something along the lines of “global warming will be fixed by the ice age” or something

1 Like

Okay, what would Earth’s governments do to try and save humanity from extinction from an Ice Age.

Australia isn’t exactly tropical. Most of its heat comes from its aridness, not its latitude.

Do you even live here? Its humid all year round.

1 Like

Never mind im an idiot who knows nothing wbout science or global warming.

ARE YOU :belgium: HAPPY NOW THERE I SAID WHAT YOU WERE THINKING

EVERYTHING I SAY GETS ME :belgium: SUSPENDED YES I GET IT MY POST ARE ALWAYS STUPID AND I AM A NUISANCE I GET IT IF YOU ALL HATE ME BAN ME THEN!!!

Reading this post caused me physical pain.

Can we not do this again? Wasn’t the what planet to colonize thread enough?

I meant for this to be a more or less serious speculatory thread but I have no control over these things ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

Yes i am an idiot who knows nothing about science and if you question science you are a science denier and a idiot which i am

Allow me to illuminate you on the t r u t h. Its not that you are a nuisance, its just that you come up with a hypothesis that you continue to try and prove without evidence.

No its how you hear it without evidence i have no idea how global warming causes global cooling because i’ve never seen anyone explain how it works so it sounds stupid to me because i dont have evidence to know how it works

I actually meant all the other times you annoy people on other threads, but ok

Here, these sites explain it.

But it only says it on one of the article and if it would make the earth cooler wouldn’t that be good.

And another thing thats about global warming if cow farts and such cause global warming why arent we all dead yet because cows and bulls and oxen and such have been around for 10,500 years

Yeah but not in the scale now (as in, in the past there’d be small herds, and now there are ranches with thousands of them). Also, the food which cattle are given is usually of lower quality, resulting in worse farts

1 Like