I exited the multicellular editor but entered the game as a single cell, this is how to fix it

I should first say that my laptop is very old and I was playing with something like 1 fps (after adding a lot of mitochondrias), so I don’t know if this glitch can happen to anyone. I opened the thrive launcher today, it sent me to a page to update the launcher, then I updated the game and started a new game.

I added the binding agents and the signalling agents at the same time. Then collected 5 cells and became multicellular. I put two cells to the sides and the remaining in a straight line like a sword shape with all the cells I can put. When I started, it wasn’t multicellular. My cell was free and so was the others it should have been binded to. There was an iron chunk, I thought at the time that the colony may have dissolved after trying to place cells inside the chunk. I tried to bind to others again, but binding option wasn’t there anymore. There was only the engulfing and signalling options. Engulfing was functional, I haven’t tried signalling. I hadn’t tried signalling before that either. So I tried to play like a normal cell, but I couldn’t collect ammonia and phosphate anymore. The parts that should have filled around the evolve button were empty. I looked around, roughly half of the cells were alone and half of them were functioning colonies like I designed. Unable to be a cell, I clicked the self kill button to start as a colony again. Nope, I am still a cell. I killed myself again and again, extincted myself from my current patch and restarted in a previous patch. The situation was the same there. Frustrated, I closed the game without saving. Then the game showed me the log output. Then I thought the best course of action would have been trying to recreate it and report to the forums with screenshots. All I have is the log output now.

Playing Thrive 0.5.9 Thrive is running. Log output:

The parts in red

ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_0_7 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:66) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_24 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:227) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_0_7 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:66) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_24 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:227) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_0_7 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:66) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_24 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:227) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_0_7 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:66) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_24 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:227) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_0_7 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:66) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_24 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:227) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_0_7 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:66) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_24 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:227) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_0_7 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:66) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_24 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:227) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_0_7 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:66) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_24 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:227) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_0_7 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:66) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_24 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:227) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_0_7 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:66) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_24 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:227) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_0_7 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:66) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_24 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:227) ERROR: Parameter “ptr” is null. at: godot_icall_1_15 (modules/mono/glue/mono_glue.gen.cpp:137) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 65 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 40). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 69 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 40). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) Touched eligible microbe has disappeared before binding could start Touched eligible microbe has disappeared before binding could start Touched eligible microbe has disappeared before binding could start Touched eligible microbe has disappeared before binding could start Touched eligible microbe has disappeared before binding could start Touched eligible microbe has disappeared before binding could start ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 42 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) Touched eligible microbe has disappeared before binding could start ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 42 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 42 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 42 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 37 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 43 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 43 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 0). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 87 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 44). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) ERROR: Index p_shape_index = 98 is out of bounds (total_subshapes = 44). at: shape_find_owner (scene/3d/collision_object.cpp:529) Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned Obsolete species microbe has spawned

When becoming multicellular you are born as a single cell and collect ammonia and phospate to grow the other cells

3 Likes

Okay there is no bug please somebody capable delete this stupendous mistake

Could we leave this thread? This question comes up so often that it would be nice to have something on the internet that people might find with Google before asking the question again.

3 Likes

edited the title to help those that find a similar news mixup.

1 Like