Ideas for the Aware Stage [Put your ideas in this thread]

I think it would be like if you already have an organism that can use photosynthesis and when you reach the Aware stage it would be like a separate body part. You would probably need to bask in the sun and drink extra water to keep the plants alive, and it will distribute glucose all over your body.

I’m pretty sure there’s been another thread about this. It’s possible to have a photosynthetic animal, and some exist, but the amount of energy that can be generated is small. If your planimal is substantial and intelligent it will still need to eat to get enough energy, although maybe not quite as much.

1 Like
From what I know, the emerald green sea slug is an animal capable of photosynthesis. It achieves this by absorbing chloroplasts with phagocytosis on algae.
1 Like

There’s also a jellyfish that lives in Palau, but it has symbiotic algae rather than having stolen chloroplasts in its cells.

1 Like

I didn’t know that. I guess you learn something new every day. Another idea I have is how would senses like electrosensory and echolocation be implemented into the game?

This is starting to sound quite a bit like animals with photosynthesis

What if it came from a flying creature similar to a bird or insect? Any reduction in weight would benefit them, which would lead to the gas bladder increasing in size, until the creature can fly like an aerostat. The existing wings at this point would be reduced to thrust-producing fins, resulting in a living blimp

2 Likes

That would make a lot more sense than a creature just evolving air bladders and fixed wings. But still, the air bladders would have to be extremely large so that would probably make them an easy target.

I wonder if there there is an animal that lives under the crust of Earth…

–Scyobi, 2020

Hmm… that is an interesting idea. If there were life forms that could live under the Earth’s crust, it wouldn’t be plants because they need sunlight.

1 Like

now you cant eat sunlight
taste
the magma

Ive heard somewhere that silicon based life can be possible under the crust of terrestrial planets, so
in short words: good for an ‘expansion pack’, because its very complex and not a priority.

2 Likes

Thrive won’t have any expansion packs for all I know but if it does it will probably be a free download or something.

Yeah thats what i meant, i didnt find a good word for this at that time

Either that or after all the most important aspects of the game get implemented the devs will do whatever there is left to do, which is probably endless.

I thing that the extra content will be made by the community. Or they will make a :belgium:post mod

YEAS PARFECT IDYA.
Yes. Just yes, because of my last post on the misc thread

Perhaps even a mod about underwater civilizations? :wink:

TRAITOR!!! YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!
Buts let stop, we are leaving the thread’s purpose. (unless u want to revive it :smiling_imp:)
But anyway

" :-1: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :pleading_face:" -A lot of people

Ok back on topic how would a colony like society work in thrive? Would their brains think as one or there are separate roles you can control for each type of worker?

I am the chosen one. jk