Ideas for the Aware Stage [Put your ideas in this thread]

Works with me, though I think there should be a strategy scaler, which works like this: each critter has a r-k scale to measure how likely each child they make will reproduce and this value is multiplied by the number of children one makes and possibly again by a constant that could be effected by difficulty.

That makes sense.

I imagine that would generate based on your editor selections of choice of organism size, choice of cellular biology (number gametes youā€™re able to produce and nurture), and choice of behavior (Caring or negligent).

I would just hope there is a way to make sure that statistically k selected species players donā€™t just ditch their offspring and play out the life of a more intermediate k/r selection species for more points.

Exacctly, the strategy measurement tells how much care you put in, one offspring you abandon is going to be like one Evo point so there is a penalty.

1 Like

I doubt all of us are going to be playing Humans or even Humanoid creatures. Playing as the child would be better, what if your species is a hive?

What does this have to do with the quote?

Ahh scyobi might have thought you meant that it was anything human like that had this problem, and so was irrelevant? Though for my part I meant that for a highly k-selected species that must have more than one child per mother in the wild to grow or even stay at replacement levels, especially if the grandmother hypothesis is true, having a high likelihood to die whenever you have a kid is dumb. For other animals it works, but for our kind of stupid mammal, itā€™s stupid.

1 Like

In spore we only had access to patches of hair/feathers rather than being able to cover whole bodyparts in them. Will we be able to do that in this game? If so, will they have funcionality? Aslo how customizeable will be the colors of the creature?

1 Like

I would imagine that they would have functions, such as lift in flight.

While we do not have any official plans set in stone, I did explore the idea a while back.

My idea was that in the multicellular editor, players would have access to an integuments section of the editor where players would be able to apply features like feathers/scales/fur tissue-wide. It would also feature ā€œclumpsā€ which would behave similarly to parts from spore and would be used for features such as manes or tufts.

Now of course, the exact method of applying these is unclear, but if I recall we were somewhat caught up on whether it should be specified within tissue types or just painted on with a material brush. Not to mention how it would be programmed. Iā€™ll return to that topic, someday.

Colors will likely be determined by the colors of the cells that comprise the chosen flesh. However, maybe there might be better ways to handle that. Weā€™ll get to that when itā€™s time.

1 Like

In Spore, we didnā€™t had access to any aquatic species, which was a shame because of the infinite posibilities being dragged along with it. I think being able to create oceanic creatures would be a very important and/or amazing adition to the game, and even better if we can advance the next stages while being an aquatic lifeform.

Yeah multicellular stage is in water and aware stage can be partly or completely in water if you donā€™t perposefuly go onto land. Awakening stage can even be in water if you try.

2 Likes

And of course you canā€™t advance to later stages while in water as you canā€™t make fire underwaterā€¦ unless youā€™re Spongebob.

2 Likes

Imagine someone proposed this to the devsā€¦

In my oppinion, there should be an option to play as parasites/parasitoids, no other game gave us such option, so I think this idea haves tons of potential waiting to be used. The posibilities to create your own parasite/parasitoid could be endless, from your classic intestinal worm, to a lobe-finned fish that lays itā€™s eggs to be eaten by a predator so the larvae can control said predator (similar to a Gordian worm).

3 Likes

Display features (e.g. bright colors, elaborate horns, mating dances) that make it harder to survive but grant more MP. Could maybe act as sort of a hard mode for the game. Would effectively implement the real-life situation of peacocks, birds of paradise, Hercules beetles, and deer.

2 Likes

Hormonal system/sympathetic nervous system, basically you would have a menu where you have to evolve glands to access slots, and youā€™d fill the slots with various roles. You could upgrade them later. Theyā€™d influence behavior, such as enforcing mating instincts or fearing predators, basically it increases the survival/reproduction rate of non-player members of your species (trying to keep it within the constraints of the current auto-evo system) and/or enforces instincts in creatures whoā€™d be smart enough to just choose to not mate when you donā€™t want your species to be a robots. Cost is you can get a panic debuff or something. Thatā€™d be a fun menu to mess with. Sorta a sub-behavior menu? Idk.

Also immune system. Iā€™d love to mess around with that menu. Hehehe the damage Iā€™d do to bacteria.

Iā€™m most excited to see auto evo at its finest. creating thousands of animals and plants. this could even prove the macro evolution is possible. think of the scientific boundaries this could break!

Prove that macro evolution is possible? What does that mean? Also, break what scientific boundaries?

1 Like

it can only do as much as its program allows, though.

1 Like

Iā€™m quite sure it is already proved.

2 Likes