I'm Starting a Speculative Biology Project!

What’s your idea?

Filler text

make an organism that produces water and electrolyses the salt in the ammonia to make hydrochloric acid by mixing that with water and make it the LUCA of the planet

I was actually thinking the same thing, but can’t you electrolyse the salt even if there isn’t water, and just get chlorine, which is poisonous on it’s own?

ALSO, whoever made Eukyn Photometallireductins, can you please explain it? And how does it have metabolisomes without oxygen?

i meant whatever the metabolosome looking structures in them are

that actually gives me an idea, there is currently a species called ancen lautus that live in swarms and are scavengers, they communicate chemically, what if whenever there is too big of meal one lautus will just command some to explode. death of a few, food for a many

There aren’t any, the plants just directly take low energy electrons from the ocean, and expel all of the high energy electrons that they don’t need (they use some of them though, to turn their glucose analogue into their ATP analogue). I left a note in the evolutionary tree, telling you to please fix the format, and that that they don’t use RNA to get electrons off of metals, the ammonia does that for them.

couldn’t they take more electrons off of the metals with the RNA though?
also you just explained metabolosomes but using free electrons instead of electrons bound to oxygen
AKA electrometabolosomes

EDIT: i fixed it

Oh, I thought they were only called metabolisms if they used oxygen.

they are called metabolosomes because they metabolize sugars into energy

Im trying to figure out a chlorine cycle for the planet, but does anyone know what burning with chlorine instead of oxygen produces? I’d assume it produces carbon tetrachloride, but I’m not sure.

Also, I forgot to originally post this, it’s the planet characteristics:

EDIT: We’ve finally made it to multicellular!

EDIT 2: Sorry for such a long wait, school was killing all my motivation, but now school is over, so I’ll start working on it again!

i feel like there’s something i could do to make the oceans not boil at higher temps but still evaporate at the surface

There currently are lifeforms living off of the boiling equator, so why should we stop it from boiling?

well it would definitely be gradual like any change in pressure over an entire planet, also the equator would be a habitat barrier for most life forms on the planet and assuming it was through introduction of greenhouse gasses it would keep boiling for a while before the pressure got high enough to stop the equatorial boiling, there would definitely still be some habitats the organisms there can live without modification though.

Why did you name the resin as something that doesn’t exist? It would make more sense to just leave it unnamed.

1. Because why not?
  2. This is a fictional world

I just think that having arbitrary names when there canonically is nobody to name them doesn’t make sense, unless we specifically put “it is called [blank] by the [name of sapient creature]”

1 Like

correct, also before sapient life on the planet it would make the most sense to assume it’s being observed by humans or some other sapient species of alien that doesn’t want to interfere with evolution on that planet

Which means they would give new names to any novel structure they find