Is this game gonna be a bigger, better, more realistic version of Spore, or is the aim of this completely separate from Spore?

I was curious about the idea of this being a better spore. If this question was in a FAQ or something then I’m sorry, but I didn’t see it. Thanks.

Like they said, it will have the concept of Spore, but it will definetly be different and better.

Sorry I didn’t know they said it.

Thrive doesn’t aim to be “Spore 2” even if many people (not on the team) claim that. It should be explained somewhere, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it somewhere, that thrive focuses more on realism and seamless stage transitions instead of being a collection of more or less silly minigames.

5 Likes

Thrive is being compared to Spore a lot because they have the same concept, but I wouldn’t say that Thrive aims to be a better Spore because they have a very different approach to it.
Spore didn’t turn out the way that was promised or expected, but the way I see it is that Spore is more cute and less realistic and it isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

1 Like

Thrive is for those people who grew up with Spore and are now smarter and want more control, realism, and new challenges that Spore simply doesn’t have.

6 Likes

I think that sounds awesome.

@hhyyrylainen Sorry for the mention, but I believe that question is answered on the Revolutionary Games website. Click here.

Did you mean to mention me?

Thrive doesn’t aim to be “Spore 2” even if many people (not on the team) claim that. It should be explained somewhere, I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it somewhere, that thrive focuses more on realism and seamless stage transitions instead of being a collection of more or less silly minigames.

I was answering the above quote.

oh ok sorry

No problem :slight_smile:

Well, that was an obvious place. Now if only people would read it before asking…

3 Likes

Yep I’m an idiot

1 Like