I desired for a version of Thrive with lore, or at least a mod for it, so I decided to make a forum game for it. I was inspired by the History of the Spore Universe forum over at the Sporum. This is different from other evolution forum games, because you are not all controlling individual species, but are looking after a single species: the Thriveling. You are also controlling the story and environment in each and every turn, and you can decide time period names.
The goal of this game is to make a illustrious Thrive playthrough with lore 10 times (minimun) deeper than that of Spore. You must evolve it towards its ascencion at any costs, even if he has to change to a different species. There will be a surprise right before you do…
There are some guidelines:
- No Spamming or randomly changing stages
- Keep your posts continous from the previous
*You must wait for at least 5 posts to continue the story (to avoid
- To make this fun, you can add your own creatures/civilizations/planets or integrate this with other as long as they share some history or interact with the Thriveling.
- I will be in charge of overall story, stage changes, lore exposures, and evolutionary history.
- If you want to point anything out, or anything offtopic, just use “Chronopass” in your post.
- You should be specific about how the Thriveling and the universe around him evolves.
*If and when an important event happens, or the Thriveling evolves, State at the top how much time has passed durring each gen.
- They will also be listed as the beginnings of new time periods.
Now that we’ve got everything covered, Lets begin!
In the darkness, inorganic monomers jumbled around under intense heat. There was not much going on from a human perspective. But there was something lively about these, being tiny combinations of Oxygen, Hydrogen, Carbon, and Nitrogen. Normally they would loose their atoms and gain new ones to form new or the same monomers. However there was born a strange energy within this primordial soup. It started with a pulse, stayed dormant for a few second, then began to grow. The surrounding monomers responded interestingly. Then, an astonishing event happened…
Got it? For every post, you should be able to see where the story is going and continue it. But as the rules state, don’t randomly change time or stages. Keep posts related to the previous, so there is continunity. Make this story have heavily developed lore, so it is a fun challenge.
Without Further ado, let the Legend of the Thriveling