Make That Cell!

Hello everyone,

I had an idea for a fun community game I would like to try. Basically, a real organism is selected every week(?), and the challenge is for you guys to replicate that organism as closely as possible in Thrive. Obviously, not every organelle seen on Earth is implemented properly in Thrive, and environmental mechanics are not fully implemented, but I’m sure this little game can become much more rewarding as time goes on.

For this week’s challenge: the Paramecium!

Of course, using other pictures as reference is permitted.

4 Likes

I decided to go with a Thrive friendly version (you can make it in a normal Thrive playthrough and it can survive).
The lisossomes are around the cell mouth (represented as chemorrector). The lisossomes are half lipase and half celulase as Paramecium can eat some algae.
The anal pore is the toxin vacuole.
The contractile vacuole/radiating canals are represented by nitrogenase.
The cell is incredible slow because cilia doesn’t provide any speed in this version so I gave a flagellum to compensate.
The others of your species will probably die because the ai isn’t that good though.
Edit:
My attempt on a more free and “artistic” cell

2 Likes

Apologies for the late update, but here’s another cell I challenge you guys to make: Choanoflagellates

Bonus Points: Make a very basic and microscopic sponge out of choanoflagellates! Remember, you don’t have to only use this image I chose. Use other photos, do some research on the link between choanoflagellates and sponges, and let’s see what you got. :melting_face:

2 Likes

the thylakoids represent the tiny green things
nitrogenase represents the tiny orange bits
binding protein represents one of the food vacuoles
cilia represent the collar
chemoreceptor represents the filopodia

1 Like