Making a Line For What Content Not to Include

If you think those examples are sexual then make a definition that says so

Or in other words, some of those interactions will happen. Also, which ones do you think are so impossible for the game?

When was it said that it needs sperm?

Are you seriously saying the devs will code all these possibilities?

It was already explained to you why this would be considered sexual

It’s not an adaptation, it’s something any animal sufficently intelligent can do, and there really is no reason to add it since it doesnt add anything interesting or that improves the game.

Plus its obvious that the definitions were dumbed down versions made in the context of the game.

Injecting your offspring technically isn’t mating, no matter what it looks like from outside

Why would they not? Necrophilia shouldn’t be too hard to facilitate, and alternate sex and permanent injuries are no-brainers for things to include

Not in the original definition

I would justoutright disagree? I mean those provide no real meaningful benefit to gameplay and would be rare enough to be a waste of time.

3 Likes

Censoring genitalia will be pointless as you are going to design them, unless there will be an option to not simulate reproduction which will not happen. Censoring sexual scenes, however, is more doable as you can just fade to black if your (macroscopic) organism requires physical touch. It depends on how much care the reproduction mechanics will be developed, though: if I can design something that reproduces like flatworms (i.e.: by penis fencing[1]) I would want to witness the sex.[2]

I don’t know if I skipped some posts because TL;DR,[3] but I fail to see why all of these would be relevant. The goal would be to not show any sexual and/or obscene stuff. Blurring the organs would be as effective as Japanese censorship laws. I don’t see the context in which belgium sex, necrophilia, non-penetrative sex would be shown on-screen so it’s not relevant.

1. The Wikipedia article cites the species Pseudobiceros hancockanus, I wonder where this name came from… ↩︎

2. Out of Context ↩︎

3. Why are there so many posts here all of a sudden? ↩︎

5 Likes

That’s why Thrive is great, if you want you can just evolve an organism that doesn’t have anything visible. You can even just reproduce asexually so there’s no need for sperm or anything. So more squeamish individuals will be just fine, which I think is really cool.

2 Likes

True… Also why would we need all those other sexual stuff it sounds more like we making some kinky sex game at this point

If you’re referring to the person who for some reason wants them to add mating without reproduction involved, that’s not going to be a thing lol

1 Like

Yeah don’t know why all that would be needed like… How much time you plan on doing that loop of gameplay lol

1 Like

It would be very suspicious to say the least.

1 Like

Wow, it’s always a bad sign when I wake up and a see a bunch of posts in a thread…

Why do I get the feeling that this isn’t the first thread @BurgeonBlas almost ruined / ruined?
If people can’t behave, this thread will get locked.

It’s not the first. Underwater Civilizations Take 3 - #995 by fralegend015

2 Likes

Good thing mods are possible

You may have fixed the sticky situation with defining ‘inside’, but that still leaves the definition of ‘sexual’ unresolved

They’d be shown because there are multiple species with multiple members. There are all sorts of reasons why these behaviours could show up: Perhaps there’s a species where males have an insatiable sex drive around mating season, Maybe there’s a species with a courtship display involving oral sex prior to mating, Or there could just be one weird animal being weird

Dude. There will be no sexual content for people who don’t evolve genitalia on purpose. There is no demographic that wants to design genitalia, never see them, and is too lazy to press the skip button on a cutscene when they don’t feel like seeing itm

What about auto-evo? Will the game not be generating its own species?

Thrive isnt gonna be 100% realistic

1 Like

Auto-evo is not going to be included in multicellular and aware? Game will be filled with pre-made species?

Y’all… Know it’s a game, right? :face_with_diagonal_mouth: The act doesn’t have to be shown/done in order for auto evo to work. It just… Would happen lol

1 Like