Making a Line For What Content Not to Include

It wouldnt in any way or capacity.

Do you think that if spore was rated M, or AO it would be anywhere near as popular?

1 Like

How would thrive maturity score be affected by no censorship?

Taking from your question, you realize right that spore has no censorship?

it does though?
it doesn’t have a big black bar on the screen when something happens, if that’s what you think censorship is excluded to. But there’s not graphic blood in spore, nor mating, gore, etc.

If your argument is that thrive should simply not have game mechanics or graphics that might require censoring, then say that instead of thrive should be uncensored.

1 Like

That’s not censorship, plus there IS blood and gore in spore, just not hyper realistic.

No, “thrive needs to be uncensored” doesnt mean “thrive needs hyper realistic gore” I shouldnt need to specify this.

Also, censorship would ruin thrive completely.

agree to disagree but ok

because?

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t think Thrive needs censorship. I doubt ESRB will rate Thrive as Mature, and even if they do, it makes little difference whether on kids play the game or not. Most CoD games, for example, are rated Mature, and for good reason, and yet a very large chunk of the CoD playerbase is kids. I said this before, but sales shouldn’t really go down if it’s rated Teen or Everyone 10+ as opposed to Everyone, because kids under 10 or 13 might not be able to understand how to play correctly, since Thrive is inherently very strategic.

Time to remind everyone that censoring reproductive organs is a big issue because of things like plants and flowers
If you censor all genitalia, flowers and anything resembling them will be censored

3 Likes

That’d be funny to see

1 Like

That will also censor out eating, and that’s probably about the only thing it will censor in most cases

What makes you think that?

Not necessarily.

I definitely agree with @Topcode’s idea for censorship. Just a very simple check, and it could be turned on/off with a switch of a button.

@fralegend015 the possible reach of thrive would definitely be hindered we’re thrive to receive an M rating. It would be best to at least create a censorship option for those who want it.

2 Likes

I have no idea how you could get the idea that only eating would be censored, but it would be among the things censored by this system yes, eating could be very gory, if you have ever seen a nature documentary you will agree.

I do really doubt that Thrive will be rated Mature. Similar games are rated Teen at most.

1 Like

Imo, an uncensored version of thrive SHOULD be rated mature if it accomplishes all of its goals

No, it I don’t think it should.

The aim of thrive should be to be as realistic as possible.If it isn’t M then I wouldn’t think it is realistic enough

What are you talking about? Why would Thrive being realistic lead to a higher age rating?

Realistic blood, realistic gore, (pretty) realistic reproduction, etc.

That gets you an M rating

1 Like

its only realistic gore if the auto evo chooses to be realistic
:sunglasses:

yknow, technically, if anything uh oh appears in game, it can either be blamed on the player, or auto evo, or the player’s impact on auto evo.

1 Like