Mashing other games ideas into Thrive

Now, thrive is at a point where anything past the microbe stage is 100% speculation and concepts. Some(if not most) of these ideas come from other games we have experienced. This is a place where you can talk about what you like about certain games, and what parts of it should be added to thrive, and about certain games features that SHOULDN’T be put into the game.

For example: Stellaris’s technology tree is quite well thought out and expansive. While the tree only consists of space technology, the idea would work great in the society stages as well as the space stage.

2 Likes

Minecraft’s automatically generated biomes are full of detail and unique features that separate each biome from others.
From what I can see, the Aware stage will be the most expansive stage so it makes sense to have a large variety of biomes, and it fits very too.

For example: Stellaris’s technology tree is quite well thought out and expansive. While the tree only consists of space technology, the idea would work great in the society stages as well as the space stage.

Going back to Stellaris, I believe that any stage where your species is interacting with other species (not just space,) could incorporate the ‘diplomatic weight’ that Stellaris uses, but not for diplomacy just for general power or how advanced your society is compared to the Xeno. This could be used in the late end of the aware stage.

1 Like

Despite the fact that Thrive is trying to succeed Spore in every way possible meaning that it must be different from it to make itself its own thing it can also be said that many of the speculation for the Aware stage, Awakening stage, or even the cell stage comes from Spore itself.

For example, the editor. While it’s not the best editor it’s known to many as the highlight of Spore. A more advanced version of it would fit well into all of the stages to be honest, Obviously there would be some changes like the Appearance and behavior buttons to make it more realistic but the idea would be similar. Unlike in Spore where there are tiers of parts in the creature stage and you can only do minimal changes to each part, in Thrive there would probably be unlock able parts but you can edit each unlocked part however you want depending on how many evolution points you have,

The current idea (or at least what I think it is) is that there are no parts, and you sculpt limbs and organs. You would use certain cells to make your stomach biome.

1 Like

Another evolution game called “Species ALRE”, a sandbox evolution game to be exact(some of you may have heard of it) has an auto evo feature in it. You can speed evolution up or slow it down, and you could even change the atmosphere and terrain. Something similar to that could easily be in the Ascension stage.

one hour one life can be a reference for the technology tree.

Back to Spore, there’s this expansion pack called “Galactic Adventures” where you take missions from other civilizations and go down to other planets. You could also play levels made by other players as well.
A similar thing could be done for Thrive, minus the whole expansion pack thing of course.

The GA expansion is so good I don’t even play the base game anymore. I just spend my time in the level editor or play other people’s adventures.

As I said before I didn’t play Spore, but the only Spore walkthroughs I watch are the ones with the GA expansion. It looks really fun.

Perhaps the Fallout 4 ‘Settlement Workshop’ mechanic can be used to build cities/tribes, might get a lawsuit if one uses a lot of the same mechanics for building though .