Mini Update #6: Gameplay Updates Pt. 1

Read the full post: http://revolutionarygamesstudio.com/mini-update-6-gameplay-updates-pt-1/

Hey guys, Nick here, and welcome back to another Mini Update. It’s time for us to cover some of the upcoming gameplay changes that are going to be included with the next release. We’ve got a lot to cover, so we’ll split this into several parts. Today’s update will mostly cover gameplay changes to the compound system and features associated with it.

14 Likes

Sweet another Mini-Update. I must say: Chemosynthesis? Aww yeah.

Small note though: At paragraph 6 it says “Another change that is partially inspired by that mod is to actually remove oxygen and carbon dioxide as compound clouds”, but the mod in question hasn’t been mentioned in this MU

1 Like

This looks pretty legit!

Also I was wondering, and this might have already been answered, but about how long until we can expect these features to come out?

A few months is still the best estimate I can give about when the next version is ready for release.

2 Likes

Ah yes, mate. Love the UI consept!

1 Like

Ah good catch, that’s referring to the Compound Rebalance mod, which was mentioned a few paragraphs up in the original draft but then in one of the edits I changed it into a link to the first Mini Update. Just fixed it now. (I also fixed some grammar mistakes in some parts)

early concept UI looks really beauty i love it :heart:

1 Like

It should be noted that we won’t have a GUI like that for a while yet, if at all. For the next release (the big engine switch one) we’ll have the existing GUI, converted to HTML/CSS.

loving the ui concept

That was some byotiful concept art there, looks like things are progressing pretty smoothly too!

When you guys say ui, i keep thinking of ultra instinct from dragon ball super for some reason.

Very excited for the new UI concept, I expect a great future for this game.

Holy Belgium that new UI looks amazing

1 Like

god dam I love that concept art its so soft and majestic just how I wanted this game to look.
also I think you should be able to hover over each compound in the ui to tell what they are if its not already like that.

Someone better work on it then (AFAIK it’s just done in some image editing software, not in anything that’s usable in the game) cough art team cough

So I had to point out, because we need the proteins, that you can also simplify it by just calling them “proteins”. Instead of having them three separate compounds, just combine them. That way, it still has scientific basis in you needing to find proteins without the complexity.

Don’t remove them entirely!

1 Like

By the way, I’ve been following this development off and on since the beginning, but I never made an account. However, I had to throw in my opinion this time!

1 Like