Mod Ideas/Suggestions Thread

If you have an idea for a mod, but you want someone else to make it for you don’t feel like actually making a mod, post it here.

The multicellular mod.

3 Likes

Why stop there? Make the aware mod.

1 Like

make a mod that makes mods

2 Likes

A Mod That Name The Cells After The Developers
Edit:
I meant all the cells

2 Likes

That’s already in 0.4.0, unless you mean a mod that names all the cells after developers

Story line mod (mod that reads a .json formatted adventure, that contains speech bubbles and computer controlled microbes)

Non-water or non-carbon overhaul mod (renames all of the compounds/organelles to some new stuff and changes the appearance so that it feels like an entirely new kind of life)

Mod that adds a evolution bar to tell how you are progressing until you can open the editor

Mod that makes MP a compound

Mod that adds socialization with other microbes

Mod that replaces water with molten sodium as a solvent (jk)

3 Likes

Gosh dang, the evolution bar idea sounds like it should be vanilla.

1 Like

I’m gonna revive this thread because I have a few ideas for mods.

The first idea is called the Spore Graphics mod, and you know how this is already going to go.

Every stage’s art will become more Spore like in that mod. I think it will be hard because you literally have to remake every thing in the game but it would be an interesting experience.

My second idea, is called the underwater civilization mod, which allows the player to make underwater civilizations jk it’s called the Thrive Universe mod and it adds all of the main Thrive Universe stuff into the game.

My third idea is a mod called the EXTREME MOD and it makes the game colossally harder. It makes the AI stronger, and much more intelligent as well. Not to mention the increased chance of natural disasters. I plan to make this mod on my hardcore play through of Thrive in the future.

Edit: more ideas so yeh

The Bonkers Mod: basically make Thive super unrealistic. So unrealistic most if not all of the features will be even be included in non LAWK mode. Essentially make Thrive like Spore but with better graphics.

The Realism Mod - Makes LAWK mode even more realistic than it is supposed to be. It also will have much better lighting and graphics.

The Mech Mod: You start off as a mechanical cell that can reproduce on its own while having its own special properties. For example it’s much more durable than your average organism but also much heavier. This mod extends all the way the the end of Society stage because by then the robot feature won’t be as important anymore (since we’ll probably use a lot of robots in the Industrial and Space stage anyway).

Edit 2: I’m gonna edit two more times then I’m doing the illegal double post.

Mapping mod: in this mod you don’t control an individual of your species but rather all of them. You can take over waters and gain access to more compounds and you can go to war with other cells. In the beginning of the cell stage it will only display a part of the world but later it will display the entire world and how much control you have over it. In multicellular stage gameplay is mostly the same but with a different editor. In Aware stage it’s gonna be on land so you’ll have more options for land to take over. In society stage to space it’ll play like plague inc where you have to take over the entire world, but in space stage you’ll have to take over the GALAXY.
Think of it like thrive: plague inc mode

Titan Mod: Square cube law? More like belongs in the trash! In this mod you can make your animals however large you want and suffer no penalties from it! Or at least from the square cube law.

Uplifting Mod: in this mod you’ll have to place a cell somewhere and raise it to space stage, essentially uplifting it. You can control its environment and you can kill anything that might get in its way.

Edit 3: one more edit then I’ll double post
Atomic Mod - basically this mod allows you to not instantly die or slowly die when getting hit by atomic radiation but rather use it to your advantage. You can evolve to blast atomic breath like Godzilla or some other giant monster.

Unreal Mod - basically write the current version of thrive in unreal engine
It’s gonna be really laggy

Small Mod - in this mod you get to defy the laws of physics again but to a different tune
You get to be as small as you want with absolutely no penalty at all! And planets can be as small as you want to.

Edit four: okay this is the last edit I’m making then ima double post be warned!

Thrivey Birds - this mod combines the greatness of thrive and angry birds! It’s much like a standard angry bird game, you launch your characters to kill the enemies, blah blah blah. But this time you get to use microbes! The first bird or should I say microbe you will have is the simple prokaryotic organism which is very weak. You will get one with a nucleus later, and it proves to be much heavier yet packs more of a punch too. Eventually you will get to the final angry microbe, which is the one with the predatory pilus. The pilus would pierce even the most durable of structures (or should I say cell walls?) and it instantly kills most enemies too.

Hollow Thrive - basically hollow knight but Thrive-i- lized! It’s a standard platforming game and you play as a microbe with your trusty pilus and you get to go and wreck other microbes as well! You will be exploring a dead cell town with the only inhabitants left being the first citizens and ghosts. Later you will get to unlock more weapons like the toxin vacuole shot gun and the toxin machine gun and even a steel reinforced pilus! You will have to stop the evil giant microbe that destroyed the entire cell city in order to keep it from killing more microbe civilizations!

Thrive: Religious version - essentially you get to play as the god of your universe but you have to make your world. The limit is only your imagination (and the laws of physics) as you build up your Thrive planet with little to no things from stopping you! The laws of physics are also more forgiving here as the mod allows things like dragons to exist. Also you get to write a book about the creation of your world too!

1 Like

There are a huge amount of creatures and civs in the TU. It would be almost impossible to put them all in, especially later in developement.

A lot of these actually see like separates games, like the thrive birds one

1 Like

they would have a lot of mechanics from other games so you are right…

By the way thanks for giving me a reason to post more mods!

Alternate history and future mod - in this mod you get to organize the history and future of your planet. You can choose which animals to change and which countries to change, etc up until where the universe ends and the ascended species escapes their fate. It’s sort of like my alternate history and future games on this forum.

Forum mod - make thrive like the forums! Basically you play from a microbe and you have to get post count until you get to ascended. But don’t get posts too fast or you may lose your reputation and be known as a post farmer! (Totally not inspired by any events on this forum!).

Thrive craft - you play as a cell to ascended but this time you have your editor on at all times. Or to be more accurate, you get to choose when you turn it on. You have to get resources to craft your organelles and you can craft them yourself too. You do the same up until society stage when your species does your collecting for you.

Evirht mod

Thrive, but you starts in the Ascencion and ends in the Microbe.

Molecular Stage mod

A molecular stage which you have to join atoms, molecules and environmental stuff until you become a cytoplasm.

Mecha mod

In Industrial Stage you can create GIANT ROBOTS and make them fight.

Human history mod

In this mod all of the events in the Awakening/Society/Industrial are going to be based wars and events that happened in real life.

4 Likes

So basically the Thrive Odyssey but more W A R?

1 Like

I am pretty sure that making giant robots will be in the base game. (I just realized ho workers of a sentence I just said.)

I don’t know what this forum game history, but it’s more like some wars would be similar to the World Wars, Cold Wars etc…

WAIT, SO I CAN MAKE MY SAVE BE LIKE TRANSFORMERS?

1 Like

Yes. I mean, why not? Well maybe not transformers but you can definitely create giant robots for your wars and stuff in the space or late industrial stage.

1 Like

Probably. We use giant robots already, just imagine what it will be like in a few years.

1 Like

I wish the forums had a surprised emoji for reaction… Maybe I can post this in the Lo██e

:exploding_head:. On my phone I can put a lot of emojis

I thought the forums censored your words or something but then I realized what you were talking about :laughing:

Anyway…

The Thrivemon Mod - you play from cell to space and you get to catch organisms on your way to fight or tame them! And you get to keep them in Thriveballs so they are easily portable. Using your Thriveballs, you can even catch an ascended organism!