🔬 New New Microbe Cutscene [WIP]

Oh, is that what thats for? Discord has been playing up anyway.
Plus, I wont disappoint!

Its for discussion of development obviously lol

1 Like

Oh.
Uh, ok then. That makes sense I guess.

You see what we do on there right?

Yes of course, i just didn’t think it was necessary. Nor possible, as I have mentioned earlier.

Update #1

Woah that was quick! This right here is an early draft of what the planet scene is going to look like!
Now, unlike the past threads, I am going to try and avoid having lots of small updates, in favour of larger but rarer posts. Until next time!

7 Likes

We can only use that if you made it entirely yourself. It looks awesome.

Do ya want the good news, or the good news? Cos its all mine baby
Proof: I stuck a giant purple cube into the side of it

4 Likes

Awesome :smiley: keep it up

2 Likes

Looks fantastic, I nominate we use this opening sequence in the 0.4.1 trailer if it is complete before that.

2 Likes

I nominate yes
And thanks!

Good decisions were made to make you one of the devs

1 Like

One thing that I think would be cool is to have the illuminated crescent of the planet turn into the Thrive logo somehow. Here’s an old concept of mine that hopefully explains it (you might have to zoom in to see the whole thing)

1 Like

While that does indeed look cool, it might suit the opening cutscene better.
My idea is to show a backdrop of stars, then zooming into a solar system, before entering the planets atmosphere, then it would zoom past some landscape (with the Revolutionary games logo and thrive logo cleverly placed somewhere) before plunging into the ocean. Here it would then settle on a piece of inanimate piece of cytoplasm. Then with a flourish of notes, it would seem to gain life, before moving off screen.

6 Likes

TBH I am kinda glad that you guys chose just the planet from orbit, because creating a galaxy is extremely hard. Like, next level hard. Besides, the planet is already made, and I shall start on the storyboard next. Huzzah!

5 Likes

Update #2

I apologise for the triple post, but it seems that I am talking to myself here. Although the camera work is a little bit clunky, and I only had time to whip up a quick render, this is what I am thinking of.

11 Likes

triple post is fine, octuple post is fine, please update us on this as many times as physically possible this looks great

4 Likes

this look really good!
i really like the lighting.
really quick progress

1 Like

Sees that white outline of planet exists at the beginning

Begins waiting anxiously for fix

1 Like

Im pretty sure there is an outline because it was so poorly and quickly rendered. When I render it with 1000 samples (and not 20) I might also change the angle to prevent the outline later on.

2 Likes