🔬 New New Microbe Cutscene [WIP]

What? You didn’t think I was done did you? That wasn’t the final product! Oh hoh hoh nooooo!
THAT WAS JUST THE WARMUP!!!

This right 'ere is the beginning of the development of the opening cutscene 2.0! Yet to see if the cilia is going to remain, but holy hell this required some hours to make. Stay tuned for the first update!

15 Likes

Just wait until we have a feature length Thrive film.

4 Likes

Literally an hour and a half of microbes swimming around
Wins best picture

5 Likes

Despite the model looking absolutely beautiful, I think the cutscene should be perhaps showing some sort of abiogenesis. You know, RNA floating around and the formation of the first hex of cytoplasm you will now actually play as. However, the model looks astonishing!

3 Likes

Could be a thing THRIVE THE MOVIE STARRING UNTRUSTED LIFE AS CELL NUMBER 18349

I did actually have something like that in mind (The cell shown was purely to knock people’s socks off).
I may make a rough storyboard over the next couple of days, but I am unsure how it will go… POLL TIME!
Should the cutscene:

• Start in the ocean
  • Start with showing the planet from orbit
  • Start with showing the galaxy

0 voters

It would then zoom in to find the actual scene.

take my money
20 character limit why is it 20 now I thought it was just 10

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, if we start let’s say in the ocean now, it would be possible to reuse it later for starting from let’s say the galaxy, am I right?

O_O
Your logic is astounding and you sir, should be put in charge.
I guess I can make the ocean, then the planet, then the galaxy later on.

Oh really? I was just guessing. Btw, if you needed a bit of help with something really easy but really tedious (unrelated example would be to model 200 distinct snowflake models), I think I could do it! I’ll be glad to help in any way possible!

A collab you say?
You’re hired! If I can think of anything for you to do, I shall let you know.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that, thank you! But I’ll have you know, I’m still a rookie.

1 Like

Oh cool, im excited to see what you do here. Why didnt you post in the dev discord about it?

Oh, is that what thats for? Discord has been playing up anyway.
Plus, I wont disappoint!

Its for discussion of development obviously lol

1 Like

Oh.
Uh, ok then. That makes sense I guess.

You see what we do on there right?

Yes of course, i just didn’t think it was necessary. Nor possible, as I have mentioned earlier.

Update #1

Woah that was quick! This right here is an early draft of what the planet scene is going to look like!
Now, unlike the past threads, I am going to try and avoid having lots of small updates, in favour of larger but rarer posts. Until next time!

7 Likes

We can only use that if you made it entirely yourself. It looks awesome.