Nick’s Auto-Evo Algorithm Forum Game

@TeaKing You’re in! Since you posted first, your lineage will count as the direct descendants of Primum Thrivium. Just to clarify, unicellular species are not represented in the simulation (so you can’t add them as a prey). Think of the glucose clouds as representing the microbial life. Also, the Energy Yield of your muscular tissue is how much energy a predator gets when eating your muscle tissue, so it’s typically something you would want to decrease to make yourself less attractive as a target for predators. Would you like to change your MP spending?

@blackjacksike You’re in! Same as with what I said to TeaKing, the unicellular species are not represented in the simulation (so you can’t add them as a prey). Think of the glucose clouds as representing the microbial life. Would you like to change your MP spending?

@zenzonegaming @Evolution4Weak Thanks for joining! You’ve been added to the waitlist in the order that you posted.

Once all the final MP spendings are confirmed, I’ll post the first round. Also, this thread has already taught me that I should consider how to represent unicellular life in the simulation.

2 Likes
Yes, I would like to change my MP spending, at least for the prey thingy. Is there any other prey than glucose I can add?

At the moment, the only possible prey other than the glucose clouds is TeaKing’s species, Locevin. Since I haven’t implemented combat yet, the only rule for predation is that your species must have a larger body size (body volume) than your prey. Since you are increasing your body length by 1cm this round, that makes it possible for your species to prey on his.

Hmm, I don’t want to hunt other players, I want to be pacific. But at the same time, I don’t know if I can trust him. intense thinking moment

I only wanna survive but don’t worry, I’m not hurting anyone unless they hurt me.

Well, that’s questionable.

blackjacksike is running calculations on a toaster to look for a solution

I was a BOS enemy, they hated me for being an “abomination”, so in retaliation declared war on them. now enough talking about other games and focus on this one.

1 Like

I just got an idea for reproduction.
My idea is that once you have mated the female’s flesh becomes very nutritious in order to attract a predater that will eat flesh that has the eggs inside of it so that the embros grow and eat their host and then burst out like a Chestburster or a Bacterophage.

that’s virusing with extra steps (and evolutions)

2 Likes

ok that clarifies everything now sorry for bringing that up.

Just going to go on my steam link and then I’ll come back on my Steam link.

EDIT : I’m back.

@TeaKing Just so you know, reducing your muscle tissue energy yield makes you less attractive to predators but no predators are currently hunting you. Meanwhile, reducing your muscle tissue metabolism means your species requires less energy per day. What do you prefer?

you know what, let’s reduce muscle tissue metabolism for now.

Alright! All MP spendings are in and I’ll crunch the numbers in the algorithm and have the first round posted soon! If you have any last minute changes to your spending now’s your last chance.

1 Like

Hey, I made my change. Look at my first post. Is that ok?

Increasing body density will increase the overall mass of your organism, which at the moment just makes you slower at accelerating. Are you sure that’s what you want to do? If you decrease your density for example, that makes your acceleration faster which makes you better at hunting.

oh then ill change it back

Should I increase tissue proportion or muscle strength?

oof double post

both do the same thing, so it doesn’t really matter, this can cause speciation, one group evolves muscle strength and the other tissue proportion.

2 Likes

well then. My choice is made, @NickTheNick, I’m ready.

Hey Nick, do you in fact, “plug in” our upgrades into a program that outputs the results?

1 Like

My interest has been greatly piqued. Mind if i join the waitlist?