Option for hive mind or independent thinking, or in between

It seems there are people who want more direct control over species actions within very narrow directions of product like a hive mind. However, some people would obviously prefer to direct their efforts to managing other aspects of a civilization. So, just as in the actual game series Civilization, there should be parameters set for how things like labor and research are allocated, whether manually or automatically, giving players more freedom to run their society as they choose. You could highlight a partition of a species to do something automatically like research the “best” technology for its growth, or highlight a partition of a species to do something directly and direct each member or the whole group over the whole course of the action.

1 Like

This would be sorted through the behaviour editor, I believe.

2 Likes

Well there’s a problem with that though, which is what if you merely want to tell an organism to do something that isn’t a natural aspect of their behavior? This is beyond natural behavior itself, this is how the society directs its efforts. I think it makes sense to give player some freedom to control individual members like in the cell editor or arbitrary partitions of the species.

1 Like

That’s just the thing - I’ve never been able to access the Appearance or Behavior tabs in the current first-stage editor, why are they in that editor if they cannot be accessed?

1 Like

They aren’t implemented yet. What do you mean by them being in the editor? (I can’t check right now if there are disabled tabs for them as placeholders)

1 Like

I can see both tabs in the Microbe Editor, yet cannot access them, as they remain grayed out despite clicking them. (They’re to the right of the Structure tab.)

1 Like

Okay so they are there as placeholders. There isn’t any code implemented to make them work, they are just buttons in the GUI file that do nothing.

1 Like

That explains. Sorry to bother you.

1 Like