Organ creation

so I’ve heard throughout multiple threads about the concept of making organs in the aware stage, this thread is for y’all’s ideas for organs

An acid chamber that digests food?

how about a stomach that forms a symbiosis with a tape worm like creature

1 Like

Maybe a sac that produces photosynthetic gel then releases it into the world for the creature to come back later and eat it.

Maybe being able to spawn an lump of meat then move and shape it how ever we want and also to name it something different than, say, a heart. Also free placement so if we wanted we could have the heart in the head and the brain in the abdomen. Through this we could also make different properties like how the stomach deteriorates food into nutrients for the creature and how the heart pumps blood to the limbs and other vital organs.

1 Like

I have always wanted to have an external placenta for my creature. Not an egg per se, but something more like a placenta. It would have somewhat of an independent behavior and can react to any creature trying to prey on it and “attack” it with stinging cells somewhat like an anemone, defending the embryo as it grows to a state where it can at least swim away from predators.

2 Likes

How is this different than eating some algea, releasing them, and expecting them to come back? (They won’t stay in the same place, or move predictively, that would be farming). The only reason they would return is if they can’t leave in the first place, and they would have a limited space/sunlight avalible to them to feed their host. If you say “it’ll lure them to come back”, this is like the hunting strategy of anglerfish, but anglerfish doesn’t do filterfeeding. I am not sure if microscopic creatures are aware of their macroscopic enviroment enough to be lured.

In the lifecycle of the creature, a different creature is created, parallel to the regular lifecycle. The DNA of the creature codes for two different creatures. I liked it.

I have a question. Why do we have a heart? Couldn’t the muscle that is used to move the blood be distributed evenly around the blood vessels, doing peristalsis?

The idea was that the creature produces a gel that uses photosynthesis to grow and then THE CREATURE comes back to the gel and eats it.

We sadly do not know how will aware stages organ creation will be or even how indepth it will be. And even how tissue creation will go.
I think the threads question shouldn’t be what organs we would be able to create, but how would we able to create them

This thread is about what organs people want to create, not what organs would be qble to be created, that much is obvious.

Good point, but why would you want to create specific organs, if you don’t know how they would be created?

Why would you make plans for the future if you dont truly know what will happen in the future? Your question makes no sense.

Also, it was spelled out for you in the very first post “sharing your ideas”.

I would be surprised, but because of what you stated in the past I expected this to go this way.

a story

The green jel wouldn’t need the animal anymore after it starts covering all the land, it would become a herbivore/plant relationship, also other animals can eat the cell. If the animal fortifies the jell so that only it can eat it, that would be a plant that uses animals to build an inorganic body for itself. If the animals food source is right next to it, why would it need to move? For reproduction, both for it and the plant. If these castle gardens are the only plants left around, that would be a mass extinction. New predetors would evolve from the castle builder herbivores, and know how to enter these castles, rendering them useless. The herbivores would never build something they can’t enter, unless they are mind controlled or domesticated. If that’s the case, then that means that plants have removed the parasitise heterotrophs from the world, which now only exist to spread seeds. But lets look at the other scenerio. A herbivore becomes a cannibal or starts to eat other types of castle building herbivores. The animals that are migrating are sometimes hunted, which is a loss for the plant. The previous predetors had all gone extinct, because the plants, who only need small maintanances on their castles, could do asexual reproduction for a year (all of them at the same time, because they have a monopoly on turning light into glucose) and not send their seed carriers outside. All the predetors would go extinct at that time. Would the plants think of doing this? Lets say they would, they would start to estimate when the predetor population is the lowest and send their seeders at that time, all at once instead of at random times (mating season for plants). All species of castle plants start doing this, and large trees can live for hundreds of years but animals can’t stay hungry and hibernate for all that time, actually they can do this but this is harder to evolve compared to plants just waiting, it is easier if they were predetors that hibernated before this shift in plant behavior happened and they would need to be social creatures, some of the members waking up sometimes and checking if there are herbivores running around, and herbivores can do feigned retreats, luring the predetors to spend their energy and stay not hibernating. The predetors in response can wait just outside the doors of the castles or block them, and the herbivores would need to hit them with their infinitely solar powered fists, does real life work like in video games, health bars and stuff? Anyway, the predetors can cover the doors with dirt, building like how the herbivors are builders. But that would just force the castles to do inbreeding, and predetors would get nothing. I don’t know what to say, so lets say the original predetors surviving is a possibility and look at the other possibilities. If the plants decide to send pollens with wind, they wouldn’t need need to keep herbivores around. All of animals would go extinct, at least on land. New animals would come from the sea after the castles of the plants weaken due to disrepear, over geologic time, and the old ecosystem would appear again. Lets get to the scenerio I was first going for. The original predetors go extinct, and the herbivores remain. But one of the herbivores become a carnivore. It knows how to enter castles, unles the castle doors can only be opened from the inside. In that case, the plants would shut doors to them, and they would go extinct, or become free ranging predetors like in the previous predetors survived scenerio. But if the plants can’t close the doors, then these predetors can roam freely and eat all the herbivores. The herbivores can hide outside, but they don’t have anything to eat, because the trees in the castles block all the sunlight reaching the surface. If there is undergrowth, I’ll get that to later. The predetors can wait in the castles, and all the herbivores are dead. This happens in a several lifetimes, and the population of the predetors quickly increase. Now the predetors have to go back to herbivoring, they can do this because being a predetor was a cultural change, not evolutonary. This has caused all the animal species except one to go extinct. The plant species that weren’t able to adapt to this and start using this new animal as seed carriers also went extinct, unless their doors were made so that their species could enter them, in which case, they survived as nothing happened. This caused a change, which may not be as sudden as I initially thought. The animals fight among themselves for dominance, and only the strongest one can enter the tree, the other one is eaten. Different species of seedcarriers also fight among themselves. The trees that feed their seeders the best get to not lose their feeders, and all that glucose wasted. The seeders aren’t domesticated by the plants, the balance of power have shifted in favor of them. What about undergrowth? That doesn’t matter, maybe small critters can live there, but the seedcarriers are already omnivores. But infighting is costly, the plants can feed their seedcarriers less if they sense that they will start infighting, lowering their population. The plants can domesticate their animals after all. If the seedcarriers resist this, they can exit there and become full time carnivores. The plants can in response use the same tactic I said previously to drive the predetors extinct, but the predetors can never go extinct if there is an undergrrowth. I don’t know why I wrote this. You shouldn’t waste time reading it.

Use the tissue of muscles to build a heart, for example. But, at least I wouldn’t be able to design a heart, at least not a good one. The editor could do it itself (create muscles to unlock heart), and there can be a development tree and diminishing returns, use 200 mutation points to increase its efficiency by 2% after some time, if you stay in the aware stage for too long for example.

I just now realised that this thread is 4 years old lmao.
Sorry. Sorry, I just wanted to see some ideas about organ creation. While it technically is offtopic.(it’s really not as much offtopic)but I didn’t want to create a thread about organ creation, because having two thread with very simmilar topics is stupid.

Plants dont think, especially photosyntethic gel that is produced specifically as a food source by the organ of an animal.

leaf wing.
it is literally just a wing with an extremely durable and tough photosynthesizing skin and it has a mesh of veins and arteries in it. it would probably evolve on a bat like creature.

That runs into the issues of plantoid species*. While sloths have algae that grow on their fur* and there are jellyfish* and corals that have algae inside their bodies, none of these animals are very mobile, unlike a bird.

it would use the photosynthetic wings specifically to increase maximum time underwater and to go longer without food. it would still need to eat as it would not have evolved the photosynthetic wings very long ago.

Why do we have a spinal cord? Why won’t the nerves all use different routes to connect the brain and the organs and limbs instead of using the same route at the beginning?

simple. the less space you have occupied by vital nerves the better.