Organelle development

Im thinking instead of having to spend a set amount of Points on a new organelle(s) we could instead “develop” organells over several generations . Points would be given out to each organelle over each generation (kinda like one of those resource games where a building requires materials), and each generation you can cancel or prioritize an organelle(s)

Canceling/ de-develop organelles would stop giving points to the organelle but would cost some to de-develop (or getting rid of in laymens terms) , why would you do this?; The farther the process of developing is the more energy and resources the cell would need to sustain itself (kinda like why men still have nipples because it doesnt take much energy to sustain them) So it would be beneficial to de-develop the organelle.

Prioritizing organelle(s) would well… prioritize a organelle(s), giving more points to it for development, but would increase the amount of energy due to the quickly developing organelle (refer to previous paragraph)

4 Likes

This post was made at 1:30 in the morning forgive me lol

i think that its a good idea for the development of important changes like organelles not just be a placed part but something made gradual. one thing i think should be added to this feature though is like a pause button. if you evolve say nipples to feed offspring. when you create castes in the game the male gender is wasteing energy on breasts so they devolve them. at some point though they stop mattering so residual nipples stay. is this what your trying to create or am i missinterpreting this?

While some organelles would be developed instantly, I agree that some others like endosymbionts (e.g. mitochondrion) need to be gradual for realism.

2 Likes

Yeah, basically.

A P E N D I X G A N G