Organism Building Feature

It would be more like a vertebrate with sections of armoured flesh and still having bones underneath, but yes you could make Zerg creatures.

1 Like

About exoskeleton-endoskeleton combo: Couldnā€™t you also have something where an exoskeleton segment has ā€˜branchesā€™ leading in that lead to an endoskeletal joint?
About odd limb numbers: What if you spend a long time on land, and evolve into a heavily asymetric creature, which may have an odd limb number?

3 Likes

I have to say, I donā€™t see why not, and it seems pretty belgium badass. The only issue is that youā€™d have to change the skeleton up a bit. Our skeletons are filled with bone marrow and blood and stuff, while insects donā€™t have that at all. Their skeletons are a bit more disposable.

You might be able to create something for balance purposes. Just extend your spine or something, and create a long, slim limb you could then use to help your creature in balance. Perhaps you could even make it be able to pick stuff up.

1 Like

What would the purpose of having an exo - endoskeleton combo be?

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing you get the perks of hard to crush and to penetrate, but having two sets of bones would make your creature pretty heavy.

1 Like

If it was a complete endoskeleton and complete exoskeleton, then if the endoskeleton is much stronger, then it could serve as a backup if the exoskeleton failed.

1 Like

so I heard in other threads that the editor involves more sculpting than pre-made parts, I am wondering how complex the sculpting mechanic will be?, (we can also discuss more here if yā€™all want to)

I want an organelle editor.
Also we donā€™t know for sure as this is in the seemingly distant future.
GIVE ME ORGANELLE EDITOR ORā€¦ notā€¦

2 Likes

Oh noā€¦ I was thinking of such advanced thing for my Thrive: Source project (aka The Alan Parsonā€™s Project, lol) ! But yeah, I was thinking about an organelle editor for my own version of Thrive, but it would be for more advanced user (people with high knowledge in biology).

Maybe I should try to make a modā€¦
But I barely know Cā€¦

organism, organelle, eh, same thing

1 Like

Wait do you mean sculpting in microbial?

yeah the multicelluar and aware stages

Technically, multicellular is split into early and late. I think the sculpting would be a lot likeā€¦ that thingā€¦ theā€¦ you knowā€¦ umā€¦ theā€¦ I think it starts with sā€¦ Sculptris! I think thatā€™s what it isā€¦

well this will be an interesting game

well in game time it will be a period of millions of years during the editor, possibly because it will take a million years to sculpt any thing lol

Please donā€™t double post, edit your post instead. Early multicellular is when you see cells still but have more than one, and late multicellular is when your big enough to not see cells but donā€™t have neurons.

so aware is animals and plant, and late aware in the advent of tools?, making aware the longest part of the game

What? Where did you get aware from? Iā€™m talking about multicellular. Aware is just one section, having a brain/ganglia. It ends when something happens, Iā€™m writing this via email, so I donā€™t know the next stage. I think itā€™s sentient though, which starts when you have a degree of intelligence.

oh, ok, weā€™re both on different topics I think, idk at this point