Path of the Wild (Forum Game)

You may if you like to. If you don’t want to, I can always supply one. Also, you can give both genus and species name, but genus will only change of the species is different enough from the last one. You can also give a common name, at any point.

2 Likes

Neat, a new round!

Mutation 1: Blue skin pigment

Mutation 2: More advanced eyes (aka, whatever the next level of eyesight is)

Mutation 3: Jaw muscles/the necessary things for a jaw/a jaw itself

1 Like

I will let you come with the next species name, if you don’t mind of course

1 Like

Vote 1: advance my jaw

Vote 2: Increase size

Vote 3: Advance brain a bit (sorry idk what i need to do to advance my brain of my species)

Belgium i’m gonna get hunted to extinction by blackink

2 Likes

Actually I wanted to focus in hunting robotronnic species (look his species detail about a smelly slime)

1 Like

Phew, saved once again by the bad luck of others

2 Likes

But there still a possibilaty that i :wink:

Wait, are you saying that you want to hunt down your own species ? hahahahahah

when i mutate
2-3 generations
a species with no predator maybe a good prey

@StealthStyle i think that @RoboTrannic is not gonna play anymore

why was i not tagged belguim
hold on let me make my roll

1 Like

ok ummm keep feeding

2 Likes

You were tagged this time, but I couldn’t find your account before.

Now we are only missing @Aviscerator huh… Wonder if he died?

Oh Belgium why can’t I have good rolls ?
Action: Desperately try to find food

Also, @PositiveTower , how I wish I was dead

Round 41

Extra Stuff

POTW Soundtrack (for listening to when you read this):  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T1_wnREGllg

Chat Thread: Coming soon.
Eztan Extant Ecosystems: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ramXIxwYwggWj1bVH3zmZT-tlZSbQvW4PUZAEiVWYB8
Book of the Dead: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JOwzI4ZHorn8nrqEr62v2_uXXlbs7qSCudHc476qLMY

~10.25million years into the Atroxian~
Gnathosian Stage
Event - 3 (No Event)

A terror sweeps the ocean of Ezta, and it’s not one of geographical origin. It was caused by the arrival of a particularly efficient predator, nicknamed “Big Blue”. With its fearsome jaw and large range, Thanostoma aquaprinceps rules the oceans as an apex predator. In the deep ocean, the ecosystem is used to predators, although historically Achmachelus occisorum, the first chordate predator, has been driven extinct. However, the evolution of a blue pigment in Thanostoma allows it to ravage the shallow seas, and drives the local, unprepared animals to the edge of, or complete, extinction. The only ocean areas that escape it’s rampage are those that require buoyancy to master, and the freezing polar water.

Global Climate: The climate of the single landmass, Uteeno, is generally hot (globally 25c) and dry; there are few land plants to soak up the greenhouse gases (CO2 is at 0.1%), and most of the supercontinent is too far from the Uteenessa superocean to receive rain. As a result, there are high sea levels and no glaciers.

@RoboTrannic
Kapnosta limus (NT)
DEEP SOUTHERN UTEENESSA OCEAN
As luck would have it, the input of food in the current seems to have decreased and you are not able to feed. Furthermore, a strange group of flashing lights encroaches on your area, shaped like an eel. (1 + 1)
Status
Health: Healthy
Maturity: 40%
Nutrition: 50%
Energy: 30%
Temp: Ok

Species Details

Kapnosta limus
(Skeleton = 5)
(Smell = 1)
(Scales = 6)
Description: These common, tubular animals are the first to evolve a layer of scales over their bodies, which provide more protection than bare skin. The downside though is that to prevent the sparse light glinting off their scales and giving away their position to predators, a fine slime is secreted over the scales to dull them. The problem is that this slime produces a strong smell, which spreads for tens of metres. Fortunately, at this time no predators have any olfactory organs. Kapnosta limus are the most common animal of the deep ocean, but are most successful around hydrothermal vents; the scales means that they can withstand more heat than their competitors. The vents produce a lot of valuable chemicals which microbes thrive off, and Kapnosta limus in turn thrive off these. Another adaptation that gives them an advantage is the evolution of a cartilage skeleton, which supports the heavier body and allows them to swim, albeit slowly and just above the ocean floor. The skeleton provides a place for muscle attachment, and it moves it’s body from side to side to swim. It’s name means slimy smoker, due to its fondness of hydrothermal vents.
Size: 6.5cm (length)
Biome: Deep Ocean
Niche: Benthic Filter-Feeder
Distribution: Uteenessa Ocean
Classification: Kapnostidae, Kardiaskulea, Ochipoda, Mollicorpea
Predecessor: Nassiaskulus oculimagnus
Previous Mutations: Coming soon.

@aviscerator
Quatora agentibus (CR-)
MANAURAI SEA, SHALLOW SEA
You head towards the shallower area and when you get there, you find moss covered rocks. You tuck in after your forced fast and finally recuperate some nutrition, although you are now very tired. Also, as the tide goes out from the island beach, you are not pulled away with it, but left behind in a rock pool, to continue eating. It also means predators can’t get you. Furthermore, you are now an adult and able to reproduce. (5)
Status
Health: Exhausted
Maturity: 60%
Nutrition: 30%
Energy: 10%

Species Details

Quatora agentibus
(Muscles = 4)
(Digestion = 3)
One of the many herbivores that plunder the mossy outcrops in the shallow seas, this mossy-green species only slightly edges out beyond its competition as it is slightly faster and more athletic. However, this niche is becoming quite crowded.
Features: The reason for its extra athleticism is the fact that is has well-arranged muscles, that increase movement efficiency. Another difference is the fact that the stomach now contains an acid capable of breaking down meat. However, it has no way of catching meat and cannot even scavenge due to the specific design of its teeth.
Size: 2.7cm (length)
Biome: Shallow Sea
Niche: Herbivore
Distribution: Shallow seas connected to Uteenessa Ocean
Classification: Quatoridae, Quatorea, Pteryskula, Mollicorpea
Predecessor: Quatora rigidum
Previous Mutations: Coming soon.

@agenttine
Thanostoma aquaprinceps (LC)
DEEP SOUTHERN UTEENESSA OCEAN
Hatching out into the deep ocean, you appear to be situated on the abyssal plain. You detect no immediate life on any side, except for your siblings. (4)
Status
Maturity: 0%
Energy: 100%

Species Details

Thanostoma aquaprinceps
(Blue Pigmentation = 3)
(Pinhole eyes = 6)
(Jaw = 5)
Description: The outwards-jutting tusks of their ancestors have morphed into long, dangerous and venomous canines which are a deadly contribution to the new jaw. Two large pinhole eyes, that the animal is able to swivel slightly for increased range of sight, on the side of the head scan the ocean for prey. Few animals can withstand an attack from this mouth. All of this makes this species the top predator of its time, as well as also being able to occupy shallow water thanks to its blue pigment. It is only restricted by its lack of buoyancy.
Size: 17cm (length)
Time: R. 41
Biome: Deep Ocean / Shallow Sea
Niche: Apex Predator
Distribution: Uteenessa Ocean & Connected Seas
Classification: Makouridae, Orthusea, Chondraca, Chordatea
Predecessor: Achmachelus occisorum
Previous Mutations: Muscles II, Electroreceptors, Open Circulatory System, Axochord, Whip Tail, Gills (3), Notochord, Cartilage, Digestive Acid, Spike (2), Teeth, Cup Eyes, Venom

@immortaldragon
Aerochelus gulpin (CR)
MANAURAI SEA, SHALLOW SEA
Before you resume filtering the surface, you detect the presence of a much larger creature. You and other surrounding animals try to swim away but it is much faster than you; something hits you hard and stuns you, and suddenly a pair of large jaws encompass you. (Oops! Sorry, you have died. Luckily, your species is still extant, so you must wait to be reborn.) (1)
Status
Health: N/A
Maturity: N/A
Nutrition: N/A
Energy: N/A
Temp: N/A

Species Details

Aerochelus gulpin
(Swim Bladder = 6)
(Notochord = 2)
Aerochelus gulpin is unusual amongst contemporary sea creature in that it gulps in air from above the surface of the water. It is not using this to breathe in oxygen as it might first appear, although it could do in a pinch, but instead it is taking in air of a certain pressure into its swim bladder. This allows fast, safe movement between depths.
Features: To allow the air breathed in to enter the swim bladder, a small tube now connects the sac-like organ and the gut. The axochord of this species is also slightly stiffer than its cousins, which hinders movement somewhat.
Size: 3.5cm (length)
Biome: Open Ocean/Shallow Sea
Niche: Pelagic Filter-Feeder
Distribution: Uteenessa Ocean & connected seas
Classification: Tyrannidae, Tyrannea, Ochipoda, Mollicorpea
Predecessor: Aerochelus gasbagensis
Previous Mutations: Muscles, Electroreceptors, Open Circulatory System, Axochord, Tail, Digestive Acid, Gills (4), “Throat-Teeth”, Dark Blue Pigmentation, Ink Sac, Basic Instincts, Gas Bladder (Air Attained)

@soundwave
Achmachelus acinus (EX)
NORTH-WESTERN UTEENESSA OCEAN, DEEP OCEAN
N/A
Health: N/A
Maturity: N/A
Nutrition: N/A
Energy: N/A

Species Details

b]Achmachelus acinus[/b]
(Jaw = 6)
(Increase size = 5)
(Improve brain = 1)
Despite growing in size by 50% and evolving a powerful jaw, this species gained a fatal disadvantageous mutation; the significant loss of neurones. This meant that they had less control and intelligence than their opponents and were easily out-hunted, avoided and killed. As a result, they disappeared as quickly as they appeared. (Oops! You’ve gone extinct. Please choose an extant species to play as when you hatch.)
Size: 10cm (length)
Niche: Small Predator
Classification: Makryostusidae, Orthusea, Chondraca, Chordatea
Predecessor: Achmachelus subitamortis
Previous Mutations: Muscles II, Electroreceptors, Open Circulatory System, Axochord, Tail, Gills (3), Notochord, Cartilage, Digestive Acid, Spike (2), Teeth, Cup Eyes

@blackink
Asteridermus gibbosi (EN)
NORTH-WESTERN UTEENESSA OCEAN, DEEP OCEAN
Hatching out into the deep ocean, you appear to be situated on the abyssal plain. You detect no immediate life on any side, except for your siblings. (3 + 1)
Status
Maturity: 0%
Energy: 100%

Species Details

Asteridermus gibbosi
(Fat = 5)
(Black Pigmentation = 2)
(Olfactory System = 1)
Description: Unlike its ancestor, this species has a moderate, normal amount of fat surrounding its body, which means it is able to withstand the temperatures of the deep ocean. It now completely resides here. In addition, a collection of fat in the shape of a hump on the back stores extra resources. This is especially useful in the deep where food can be very scarce. They are also able to find each other well in the dark because of a covering of bioluminescent spots; they do not appear to be able to control these with their nervous systems, as the spots keep flashing randomly in the dark. However, this means both prey and predators with eyes know where they are.
Size: 7cm (length)
Niche: Small Predator
Classification: Skelechelidae, Skelechea, Chondracea, Chordatea
Predecessor: Skelechelus inkenaria
Previous Mutations: Muscles II, Electroreceptors, Open Circulatory System, Axochord, Tail, Gills (3), Notochord, Cartilage, Digestive Acid, Spike (2), Teeth, Cup Eyes, Jaw, Fins

@louix
Glistroskulus louixi (LC)
DEEP SOUTHERN POLAR OCEAN
Nearby you, you sense a scuffle as one of your fellow Glistroskulus is attacked by a predator. You move away from the attack before you can feed, and start heading around the seamount. However, it is barer round here, and you struggle to find food.
(2 + 1)
Status
Nutrition: 70%
Energy: 80%
Temp: Cold

Species Details

Glistroskulus louixi
(Notochord = 6)
(Improve Eyes = 4)
(Protection Against The Cold = 6)
Description: The most widespread animal on the planet also happens to be one of the smallest and simplest, at only 2cm in length. Glistroskulus louixi is the only animal which can withstand the freezing water of the poles; it has special antifreeze proteins in its circulatory system which inhibit the freezing of its body fluids. Although there are no shallow seas in polar regions at this time, the simplicity of this species allowed it to return to the deep. It therefore occupies the deep ocean in polar regions, with no competition. It has also replaced Squickia visionii in shallow seas in warmer climes, but here it is not as successful. Furthermore, this species has evolved a cartilaginous notochord, which adds stronger muscle attachment and therefore movement. Lastly, a transparent layer of skin has evolved over the forward-facing pinhole eyes, protecting them and improving the clarity of vision.
Size: 2cm (length)
Niche: Bottom Feeder
Classification: Glistroskulusidae, Squickidea, Ochipoda, Mollicorpea
Predecessor: Squickia visionii
Previous Mutations: Muscles, Membrane, Cup Eyes, Chemoreceptors, Basic Instincts, Gills (3), Yellow Pigmentation, Teeth, Open Circulatory System, Pinhole Eyes, Immune System

@PositiveTower
Glistroskulus louixi (LC)
DEEP SOUTHERN POLAR OCEAN
You settle down on the coral bed to rest, but find yourself entangled amongst the stinging tentacles of a relative of coral; to your small size, the stings are extremely painful and you are losing consciousness. (1)
Status
Health: Stung, losing consciousness
Nutrition: 70%
Energy: 55%
Temp: Cold

Species Details

Glistroskulus louixi
(Notochord = 6)
(Improve Eyes = 4)
(Protection Against The Cold = 6)
Description: The most widespread animal on the planet also happens to be one of the smallest and simplest, at only 2cm in length. Glistroskulus louixi is the only animal which can withstand the freezing water of the poles; it has special antifreeze proteins in its circulatory system which inhibit the freezing of its body fluids. Although there are no shallow seas in polar regions at this time, the simplicity of this species allowed it to return to the deep. It therefore occupies the deep ocean in polar regions, with no competition. It has also replaced Squickia visionii in shallow seas in warmer climes, but here it is not as successful. Furthermore, this species has evolved a cartilaginous notochord, which adds stronger muscle attachment and therefore movement. Lastly, a transparent layer of skin has evolved over the forward-facing pinhole eyes, protecting them and improving the clarity of vision.
Size: 2cm (length)
Niche: Bottom Feeder
Classification: Glistroskulusidae, Squickidea, Ochipoda, Mollicorpea
Predecessor: Squickia visionii
Previous Mutations: Muscles, Membrane, Cup Eyes, Chemoreceptors, Basic Instincts, Gills (3), Yellow Pigmentation, Teeth, Open Circulatory System, Pinhole Eyes, Immune System

1 Like

Thanks for the new round Stealth, but, I feel my species slipping away bit by bit with this to be completely honest. :fearful:

Well thank RNGod that roll turned out fine.
Action: sleep

Your species may very well die off but that’s what happens in natural history. Just like with empires, species and animal groups rise and fall. As we keep playing, I’m sure a future group will do the same to the current species that rule. It could be you…