I see. Never heard of it before, possibly because some “higher quality” OSes like Fedora were rather being discussed here.
I’m not gonna install it on my current PC, because the laptop itself is kinda old. That’s why I’m looking at a new PC.
Also, wider monitor:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yG9PHW
Has any of people you know built a PC before, and if so, how many?
Nope. Nobody at all.
Well, someone has to be the first one then…
With the build day fast approaching, should I use my current SATA SSD, or go for Patriot P300 1tb mixed with the Toshiba HDKBB96 1tb? Same storage amount, 5 bucks cheaper, but will the HDD sacrifice to much speed to be worth it?
- Stick with the current one
- Mix it
Is your current SSD going to have room to hold all files that need the speed? mixing SSD and HDD is totally sane, but you don’t want to run out of SSD space, I’m thinking of upgrading right now for example because I keep having to move all my steam games to HDDs to have room for projects and whatnot
Are there more things you’d want our opinion on before the purchase day?
The SSD will mainly be for frequented games, like KSP and BTD6, while the HDD is for photos, videos, music, docs, and games that I can tolerate having less performance.
Edit: The GPU I was using decided to price hike, so I had to downgrade my plans: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VXhknp
Would this setup be better?: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/t79rC8
no clue :/ I’m not sure on the comparisons between intel GPUs (never had one). I personally prefer AMD CPUs over Intel, but that’s highly biased by cherrypicked experience and I haven’t used either prospective CPU
Hasn’t intel gone up in flames somewhat recently?
i5-12600 would be before anything particularly bad. for a 100% brand new setup, HELL NO to intel, only buy AMD lmao
Besides Intel, Nvidia and AMD, what else is there in this field that could compete if one of the big three gained a decisive advantage over the other two?
Replaced the AIO cooler with a cheaper air cooler:https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zLJnqH
Does the cheaper one have major downgrades when compared with the AIO cooler?
They’re in the same general CFM range, and my understanding of CPU cooling is higher CFM = cold CPU.
Well I hope this cheaper cooler doesn’t have compromised structural integrity when compared with the more expensive one for example then…
The Amazon rating is 4.4 stars, so it’s probably good.
What was the rating on the cooler you’ve swapped?
On Amazon it was a 4.1.