People's Forum Game

WELCOME
So what is this new Forum Game? What is it about, where is it’s lore? What are it’s rules, example sheets and such?

Turns out that it won’t start off like a regular Forum Game…

CORE RULES

1. Every person who joins this Forum Game instantly becomes both a Player and a GM (Game Master) of this Forum Game ; Only role people can have in this Forum Game is “Participant”.

2. All Participants are equal, so a vote of one Participant in a poll matters as much as a vote of another Participant ; There is no way to make one’s voice more important that other’s.

3. In order to add, change or remove rules, a Participant must first submit a proposal for adding, changing or removing a rule. After that is done, the collective of all Participants will vote in a poll on whetever the rule should pass and become part of the Forum Game, or if it should be changed or if it should be removed, and the poll shall always last 24 hours, so that any Participant on this planet can submit a vote. Over half of all Participants must vote “Yes” to the proposal for it to be accepted (so a tie wouldn’t make a rule pass, be changed or be removed).

In this Forum Game, a rule is a feature, so for instance a hunger statistic is considered one rule, along with it’s mechanics (such as decreasing in value over time).

1. Core Rules (rules 1, 2, 3 and 4) are not possible to change nor to be removed, no matter what (even if another rule would justify changing or removing them).

NON-CORE RULES

1. The process of making a round: Participants say in a post after round X (or Forum Game’s beginning post) is posted whetever or not they want to make proposal(s) and if they have them, they submit them for other to vote on. After a proposal vote is finished, they say whetever or not will they submit another proposal(s) (don’t use this to submit the same proposal over and over again). One of the Participants has to write the next round, and so the one with desire to write it will post a 24 hour poll (with the same “voting rules” as the proposal poll) on becoming next round’s writer. Only one such poll is allowed at a time. If they do become the next round’s writer, they’ll have to wait with writing the next round until all Participants declared that they no longer have proposals to submit.

2. energy balance system: this rule adds 2 stats: energy gain, and energy usage. if your energy gain is higher than your energy usage you will get buffs (DISCLAIMER: buffed stats depend on non-core rules, types of energy also depend on non-core rules), this rule applies to all energy types you can use directly unless stated otherwise.
    buffs added by this rule: energy surplus: [effects to be determined, must be good effects], soul energy surplus: [effects to be determined, must be better than the effects of energy surplus]
    debuffs added by this rule: energy deficit [effects to be determined], soul energy deficit [effects to be determined, must be worse than energy deficit]
    energy surplus is obtained by having your energy gain higher than your energy usage by more than 5, soul energy surplus is obtained by having your energy gain higher than your energy usage by 50
    the energy deficit debuffs are the same but with {energy gain} and {energy usage} swapped

3. Combat and level system:
    How this would work is that every round, you could attack another player, damaging each other. Each player has amount of HP scaling with their level (n2, with n being the current level) and each hit does as much damage as your level number. For every amount of kills equal to your level number, you increase 1 level.

4. Experience System
    DESCRIPTION: When a player makes any action in a round, they get experience, basing on what action did they make, whetever or not did they succeed and on a dice of chance. After gathering enough experience, they level up. The higher level you are, the harder it is to level up (with the formula for this being n^2, with n being the current level, starting at level 1).

If you die, you lose a level. You cannot go below level 1 and you are invincible for 1 day after you increase a level. You heal 0.5 HP for every kill.

I had the idea for this Forum Game since a few weeks already, and I think that, if it gains enough popularity, it might become one of the “best” Forum Games of this Forum. While I’m technically the first Participant, I’ll wait until somebody else joins and makes a proposal. Also the third Forum Game I created!
We’ll see who will be the first to submit a proposal…

1 Like

i’ll join

• energy balance system
  • no energy balance system
0 voters
2 Likes

To note: You need to insert the voting poll into your post
24 hours have passed, and so energy balance system is now a part of the game! Please describe it into the thread post.

It Has Been Done

1 Like

I’ll join.

Combat and level system.
  • Add the Combat System and the Level System.
  • Don’t add the Combat System and the Level System.
0 voters

How this would work is that every hour, you could attack another player, damaging each other. Each player has 5 HP and each hit does 1 HP. For every 10 kills, you increase 1 level, get an extra 0.5 HP and also deal an extra 0.5 HP.

If you die, you lose a level. You cannot go below level 1 and you are invincible for 1 day after you increase a level. You heal 0.5 HP for every kill.

Please make the poll 24h long.
@sci0927 since you’ve voted on a poll, I think that you’ve became a Participant then. Do you have any proposal(s) to submit?

1 Like

I cannot edit it. Filler text.

you could probably close the poll to fix that, and if you can’t re-open it, then a new one can be made after the original is deleted, but contain the same stuff.

or just re-open the poll in 5 hours

1 Like

not as of now

1 Like

Here it is again:

Combat and Level Systems.
  • Add the Combat and Level System.
  • Don’t add the Combat and Level System.
0 voters
1 Like

Your proposal has been accepted, so you can add it to non-core rules as rule #3.

Edit:
PROPOSAL: Experience System
DESCRIPTION: When a player makes any action in a round, they get experience, basing on what action did they make, whetever or not did they succeed and on a dice of chance. After gathering enough experience, they level up. The higher level you are, the harder it is to level up (with the formula for this being n^2, with n being the current level, starting at level 1).

• Add the proposal of experience system as Non-Core rule #4
  • Reject the proposal
0 voters

ONLY PARTICIPANTS SHALL VOTE

Edit2:
Proposal: Combat and level system change:
FROM “How this would work is that every hour, you could attack another player, damaging each other. Each player has 5 HP and each hit does 1 HP. For every 10 kills, you increase 1 level, get an extra 0.5 HP and also deal an extra 0.5 HP.”
TO "How this would work is that every round, you could attack another player, damaging each other. Each player has amount of HP scaling with their level (n2, with n being the current level) and each hit does as much damage as your level number. For every amount of kills equal to your level number, you increase 1 level.

• Accept the Proposal
  • Reject the Proposal
0 voters

Edit3: No one has voted on the previous proposal. @willow , @CatSquared and @sci0927 please vote on it if possible.

• Accept the Proposal
  • Reject the Proposal
0 voters

Edit4: PROPOSAL: World & Character System
DESCRIPTION: The World of PFG will be built upon by participants - actions of their characters will determine whetever or not does a thing exist in this world. Characters will start at level 1, and each player will have 2 action votes in the beginning, allowing them to do various stuff. Players will also get 1 mutation vote to develop their character.

@sci0927 , @willow , @CatSquared

• Accept the Proposal
  • Reject the Proposal
0 voters

Edit5:
Seems like this kind of died down. I’ll try to redo this vote (same as Edit4).
PROPOSAL: World & Character System
DESCRIPTION: The World of PFG will be built upon by participants - actions of their characters will determine whetever or not does a thing exist in this world. Characters will start at level 1, and each player will have 2 action votes in the beginning, allowing them to do various stuff. Players will also get 1 mutation vote to develop their character.
@willow @CatSquared @sci0927

• Accept the proposal
  • Reject the proposal
0 voters

If anyone else is reading this: You are free to join this Forum Game! I’m not a GM (Game Master), I am at the same level as other participants. If you join, you’ll also be able to submit new rules and perhaps write the rounds too!

2 Likes