For anyone who’s been following, I’ve been trying to design a prototype of the Auto-Evo system on the dev forums here. It’s been going well so far, but there’s still a lot left since there’s so much content to cover.
One of the upcoming parts will be about Perception. The effectiveness of a species’ perception will be calculated by two things: Factors that increase/decrease the organism’s perception, and factor’s that increase/decrease the target’s camouflage. Let’s brainstorm as many of these factors as we can!
Let’s start with Sight (Vision). What factors can you guys think of? These are the ones I’ve got.
Increase Organism’s Vision
- Increased field of view for eyes
- Increased resolution/acuity for eyes
- Increased range/line of sight for eyes
- Increased colour detection for eyes
Increase Target’s Visual Camouflage
- Murky/silty water
- Low level of light
- Target has camouflaged colours
- Physical obstacle obstructing view
Decrease Target’s Visual Camouflage
- High level of light
- Target’s size
- How much the target moves
- Target has bright colours, or colours discordant with the environment
Remember, these are factors that affect the Auto-Evo calculations. The way vision is simulated in game is handled separately.