Plant gameplay

Here’s a browser game where you play as a plant. I think it’s the one I’m thinking of, but I don’t actually have flash installed right now to be sure. Sorry for the double post, but I think this deserves it.

Thrive as a plant could be similar, but in real time. Smoothly integrating a game about growth with the main game which is about movement continues to be a sticky wicket.

I hope someone has not already said this but what about Treant gameplay?

They are basically walking plants, right? That has been discussed a lot in the past. In summary: they aren’t realistic as they can’t get enough energy from photosynthesis to move around.

1 Like

Agreed. If such plants were to exist however they would either need to find an alternate method of locomotion (that requires less energy), or find another source of energy.

So you people talk about plants not being able to get to space but i was wondering if this games species are supposed to be carbon based lifeforms?And if so does it rule out hypothetical carbon based life?

I can think of a few scenarios where carbon based life could evolve into space without the need of an space faring civilization.
1.Life forms on planetary rings.
Planetary rings are dense enough to allow migrations between rocky bodies in it (kilometers between for spreading spres or seeds) and could have all the elements for carbon based life(some theories argue that water on earth is something from space).And the star could provide ample energy for life creating conditions.Thus life could evolve from the start to be space adapted.So you could play locked in the plant stage but start from the beginning adapted to space.

2.Planetary features that reach into space ex.Very tall mountains or plateaus that reach into very low pressure or space environments .
This approach could see plants evolving from being adapted to typical life conditions on the planet to being adapted to vacuum,just because those biomes are accessible to critters on the planets surface.(Plants can spread from the base of the mountain all teh way to the airless top through natural selection).This way you can have a whole ecology adapted to vacuum.
I can see the second situation being viabile for a space stage if the planet you evolved on had low gravity,to enable the spreading of spores to other rocky bodies.
All those ideas allow you to play with pretty much any stage into space(microbes and such).
Let me know of your opinions.

Those ideas were taken from this.

How is that related to plant gameplay?

It seems you are talking about carbon based life so this doesn’t fit in Silicon based life

1 Like

I saw people here say that playing asa plant you will be stuck on planets?So no space gameplay.
I proposed some ideas to show that nonsentient space gameplay is plausible.
Like plant gameplay in space.

I guess it fits in, then. I don’t have time to look into those points now, but those seem also very far-fetched. I think there was some earlier discussion on whether life could form in small space floating rocks (instead of planets).

Fair enough.Just give the video a watch when you have 30 mins of time.Explains much better than me what could be done.
But mountains that reach to space can have plants for example evolve naturally at the base of the mountain and then make contact with space by growing up the mountain and evolve to adapt there.

Was there an explanation how a planetary body could have such uneven surface that mountains can reach into space? Won’t gravity prevent that? And besides even if you go up such a mountain and you are in “space” then what? You can’t get out of the planet’s gravity well anyway without reaching the escape velocity.

1 Like

I can go into details if you want but it depends on what you consider vacuum and we have a limit sample of planets to sample for highest peak/atmosphere height.
Lower gravity = more uneven surface.I dont know where i got it ill link if i find it.So the lower gravity also help with escape velocity.

EDIT2:l

The Stone Simulator

For those with weak computers

This is like a slogan, and below is a logo

You are completely ignoring all the interesting and fun things that you can do playing as plant

Man, You didn’t get the joke

No, “Man” YOU didn’t get the plant gaymplai, you can photosintetyze and grow!

Tin, you’re right, I was wrong :sob: I’m let down and humiliated :sob:

cant wait to play as a sentient plant underwater civ

2 Likes

That’d be… Chaotic Evil.

3 Likes

I want to play for the unreasonable FORG

1 Like

I think it would be cool to have different routes, one where you can try to develop defensive parts to prevent yourself from being eaten, (spikes, poisonous, ext) and/or another route to where you try to form a relationship with other species to where your nutrition or help in some form makes them thrive, and then they can later on develop ways to help YOU survive and reproduce for exchange for helping them survive (pollination, fruit/ vegetables, ext). And the “end game” could be surviving long enough until a species uses you to help terraform/sustain them while still making changes and everything to yourself until that species reaches awakening.