Pointless debate again against established science or facts

(I’ll start at the segment at the bottom since that’s the one I’m on right now).

Yes, there have indeed been no innovations in space flight since the 1960s… almost as is spaceflight was dominated by governments that were not competing with each other, and thus had no incentive to innovate.

Also almost as if a government organization dedicated to spaceflight set back human spaceflight by at least five decades according to the government organization itself.

Yes, it clearly had something wrong with the design. Almost as if testing is supposed to find failures in the design of something before it is actually used so that you can fix those failures without any risk to human life…

Ah yes, American healthcare, the worst fastest most reliable most advanced healthcare system in the world.

What’s that? You have think you cancer in a country with socialized healthcare such as Canada? Let’s get you a free cancer screening as soon as possible.

What’s that? You do indeed have cancer and it’s gotten worse in the three weeks it took to schedule a cancer screening because of how backed-up and underdeveloped the healthcare system is? Let’s set you up with a surgery to remove that cancer.

What’s that? Your cancer has already developed so much that you will be dead in five and a half months when you can get the earliest possible cancer surgery? Guess you better kill yourself, I’ll help.

You’re going to have to be a little more specific with these ones, I don’t really understand the point.

No, other than the idea of there only being two companies in a vacuum (also coincidentally invented by capitalism), it doesn’t.

In the real world monopolies are quite literally physically impossible without severe government legislations.

For example once upon a time there was a steam boat company in New York or some place, and it managed to score a deal with the government that it would be the only steam boat company who could operate in New York.

For the entirety of the agreement the steam boat company stagnated without competition, not innovating in the least and charging customers ludicrous prices for boat rides.

The when another steam boat business was allowed to set up shop in New York, it made several innovations (including switching to propellers and iron hulls) that not only made their ships safer, but faster and cheaper. And the company that did not innovate could not compete.

And thus now steam boats were available to the yuck lower classes.

I can’t believe that competition would cause such oppression!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! For the formation of groups you need cooperation?!

Whoever could have known!

Yes, billions of cells cooperating to fight against billions of other cells. Have you ever heard of the evolutionary arms race? What about the Cambrian explosion?

I never said that cooperation is bad, I said that a lack of competition is bad, specifically between groups such as companies.

Countries need to cooperate in order to form, but said country will become backwards and stagnant if it does not need to compete against other countries, because in the real world if a country becomes stagnant and backwards it will be taken over by a nearby, more advanced country.

Thus countries need to innovate in order to stay afloat, but only so long as it is threatened (again why historically technologically innovations result from warfare, WW2 being a truly amazing example).

However there has also been another historic source of innovation, trade routes.

I don’t think I need to say anything there…

And so then the better option is where the government takes all inheritance and uses it for itself?

Also, how would companies ever have political power? And if they did have power, what would they wield that for if the government is not involved in the economy anyways?

Maybe… REGULATING the competition?!

And never mind how increased government regulation and taxes destroys small businesses, which is exactly why almost every large corporation pushes for more government regulation, because they can afford it, they’re smaller competitors can’t.

Are you sure that industrialization is not the result of capitalism because capitalism is what allowed the industrial revolution to spread?

And are you sure that the poverty rates are similar in industrialized countries that don’t have capitalism?

^

What even is state capitalism according to you?

After all I need to know what you believe it to be to disprove it.

Exactly.

Ah yes, because the policies changed overnight even though the country says that it still has the same policies as before and the policies haven’t changed.