Politismos

God, not this ball again…
Hello, I’m back to forum games! Now with a society game, which totally follows the progression of my forum games, which went from microbe stage, to multicellular stage, to skipping aware stage and making an awakening stage forum game.
Anyways, I’m already anxious enough posting this so I’ll just explain what this is about.

Politismos is a forum game where you control a civilization (I know, very original), making it rise from a simple tribe into a glorious empire… Or you could just relax on an island. I won’t judge.

It actually is somewhat similar to “The Thrive Odyssey” (Which sadly hasn’t been updated in 9 months), so if you were a player (Or a GM) of “TTO” then this game might be easier to get into… I think.

So yeah, I’ll just explain some stuff

Actions

Actions are the simplest part of the game, as you can just give a list of actions and you’ll receive a result depending on a d20 roll, though it does have rules, but these are just prohibiting things that can’t happen IRL or things that you can’t do in-game, like making a spaceship while only having stone tools, and a limit on how many actions you can do (Two at the beginning), though this will increase as the game goes on.

Depending on what number the d20 rolls, you’ll get a result for your action.
1-4 = Very bad result
5-8 = Bad result
9-12 = Normal Result
12-16 = Good result
16-20 = Very good result

Technology

Technology is an important part for progressing through the game, and to improve the technology of your tribe, you’ll have to research multiple technologies and ideas, like spearmaking, honey hunting, and many more. To get a new technology, you’ll need to research it with an action and fill the tech point requirement.
What are tech points?
Tech points are just a way of measuring progress on a tech’s research (That I ripped off Stellaris), you get them based on research actions’ result and previous technologies.
Some technologies increase tech point gain more than others, but ideas increase tech point gain more than most technologies.

Culture

Your tribe will start with a certain culture that will affect it’s initial relations with other tribes. The culture of a tribe is just a list of traits that define it, like how it finds most of it’s food, it’s traditions, or it’s beliefs.
You also can change your culture with actions, though instead of it being “researched”, your culture traits would change as your tribe develops (And maybe worldbuilding).

Happiness

Happiness is pretty self-explanatory, it marks how happy your tribe is. It’s defined by the needs of the tribe (Food, shelter, protection) and their desires (Wealth, Entertainment, Toilets).
Your culture also affects happiness, mainly through your actions. If you make an action that doesn’t fit your culture (Declaring war as a pacifist), your tribe’s happiness will decrease.
The levels of happiness are:
Horrible>Bad>Good>Great
Lower happiness might break apart the tribe, so take care of your tribe’s wishes.
Higher happiness might attract new members to the tribe, and they could bring exotic technologies!

Milestones

Milestones are important events for human history, like the development of a certain technology or the discovery of a place.
This was completely stolen from TTO, but I don’t care, it’s useful.
Milestones increase the number of actions you can make, and they also give you some cool looking images and a feeling of accomplishment that’ll most likely not matter after ten minutes.

Starting Tribe

So, if you decide to join, you’ll have to make a tribe, the number of people in it will be randomly decided by the RNGods, you can get between 20 to 80 people in your tribe, maybe even more!
Other than that, you have a lot of freedom to customize the tribe.

There is some information about tribes, it being the following:

Tribe Name: [NAME]
Population: [POPULATION]
Species: [SPECIES]
Type: [TYPE]

You can give your tribe any name that you want, that’s not as important as the other things.

The population is decided by the RNGods, as I said before.

There are six species, Homo sapiens, Homo erectus, Homo denisova, Homo luzonensis, Homo floresiensis and Homo neanderthalensis. You can choose any of them, though they live in different regions that I’ll show on the maps thing.

The type of tribe starts as either scavenger-gatherer or hunter-gatherer, those are all the options for now. Later you’ll be able to be semi-sedentary or fully sedentary.

The location is also chosen by you, but the choice is limited to the colored zones and your species.

Maps
Homo sapiens

Homo denisova

Homo luzonensis

ukj

Homo floresiensis

Island of Flores, Indonesia

Homo neanderthalensis

Homo erectus

I know, it’s most likely not an accurate map
Maybe I’ll let other things be customized, dunno.

And remember…
History is not set in stone. In fact, the slightest of changes can cause things to become unrecognizable later on. Why? I dunno, it just does. That’s life I guess, what can I do? It’s not like I’m the GM, of course not.

If this wasn’t a good enough explanation (And it probably isn’t), please ask anything you want!

7 Likes

I wan’t to join, but what does the “Type” in the tribe information stand for?

1 Like

It’s how the tribe functions (In about five words max), so it can be a hunter gatherer tribe, a semi-sedentary agricultural tribe, or really anything. Though for now I’ll limit it to nomadic types because there is no technology to be sedentary yet.

I hope I explained it correctly

1 Like

I will glad to be join!

Tribe name: Qwiirz’ex
Species: Homo denisova
Type : semi-scavenger-gatherer / scavenger-gatherer
Location: South Kamchatka Peninsula / north japan (better Kamchatka)

I did it right?
but one Q - the number of pops have a divers rule? (like who mush act or in friction ideology or ec.)

LETS GO NORTH DEMISOVA-SEMPAI-SEMA

1 Like

ok then, This will be my tribe then

Tribe Name: Friolome
Species: Homo sapiens
Type: semi-sedentary, scavenger-gatherer

I hope I did it right

1 Like

If you mean that there can be differences in population culture, then yes. That can divide the tribe, but at the start, the tribe is homogenous.

I’m hoping for a third player so that I can start the game

3 Likes

I guess I will be the third player then.

Tribe name: Askrafi
Species: Homo Sapiens Neanderthalensis
Type: Hunter-gatherer
Location: Somewhere in modern day Europe ( I’ll let you decide where, but don’t pick Spain)

1 Like

i guess i join too, if i can, what the difference between different species

Tribe Name: Arcimea (i think 4th time i used this name lol)
Species: Homo Neanderthalensis
Type: Hunter-Gatherer

1 Like

It’s great to see that the Thrive Odyssey can live on despite its current lack of updates (the wording is very important here :wink:). I’d like to join if possible.

NAME: Gorris
SPECIES: Homo Sapiens
TYPE: Hunter-Gatherer

1 Like

I’m bored so i think i’ll join
Tribe Name: Shire
Species: Homo floresiensis
Type: scavenger-gatherer

1 Like

I’d love to join.

Tribe name: Drae-rure (roll the rs)
Species: Homo Neanderthalensis
Type: Gatherers of plants and seafood.

1 Like

You don’t want to be near me!

Some species are capable of doing stuff more easily, like Neanderthals with strength stuff.
I’m gonna edit this to give a list of stuff they’re better at later. (I’m posting this with my phone)

That was a bad explanation, but I have the list so

List

Homo sapiens - High endurance, capable of complex language.
Homo erectus - Can chew tougher foods, capable of simple language
Homo denisova - Stronger human, can chew tougher foods.
Homo luzonensis - Shorter human, can climb trees more easily.
Homo floresiensis - Shortest human, is slower. I would choose this as a challenge
Homo neanderthalensis - Stronger human, capable of complex language.
Well, that’s it for whoever chose floresiensis, if you want, I’ll let you change choices

2 Likes

id like to join
name: tharacagus
Species: homo sapiens
type: hunter-gatherer

1 Like

Not sure how this will work, i’m kind of new in the forums. I’ll just follow along:
Tribe Name: Trehoper
Species: Homo luzonensis
Type: scavenger-gatherer
Location: North-weast (i’m not sure what this place is? The philipines?)

1 Like

Yes, that’s the Philippines

Also, @Evolution4Weak, I already posted the list, and i wanted to make sure that you saw it.

Working on the first round right now

3 Likes

Just a friendly reminder that Evo posted his tribe by modifying his reply

1 Like

Wow this really looks like a TTO ripoff

Story

The interglacial period has ended, and an ice age has recently begun. Humanity has expanded and now encompasses most of the old world. Will this ice age help or hinder the multiple human species?
(Yes, the game starts in a glacial period)

Round 1 - Year 0

Qwiirz’ex

Your tribe is found in the forests of the northern Japanese peninsula, and you lack food. Some members of your tribe are cold.

Population: 39
Species: Homo denisova
Type: Scavenger-Gatherer
Happiness: Good

Technology

Tools: Stone Tools
Weapons: Simple Spears
Other: Fire

Needs

Food, Heat

Culture

Kinship-based grouping, Scavenging, Gathering

Relations

No other tribes known.

Friolome

Your tribe is found in a grassland close to the modern Strait of Gibraltar. You can see a herd of bisons running away from something in the distance.

Population: 46
Type: Semi-Sedentary Scavenger-Gatherer

Technology

Other: Fire, Simple Huts

Needs

Food

Culture

Kinship-based grouping, Scavenging, Gathering, Seasonal Sedentism

Relations

No other tribes known.

Askrafi

Your tribe is found in a green plain where the Adriatic Sea is today. Close to you is a river, but you can also see a bear in it.

Population: 62
Species: Homo neanderthalensis

Technology

Needs

Food

Culture

Kinship-based grouping, Hunting, Gathering

Relations

No other tribes known.

Arcimea

Your tribe is found in a grassland on the southern part of modern Portugal. A member of your tribe has seen some wild boars, and suggests that your tribe goes to hunt them.

Population: 31

Technology

Needs

Food,

Culture

Relations

No other tribes known.

Gorris

Your tribe is found in the green shores of the Nile. There’s an abundance of fish in the river.

Population: 40

Technology

Needs

Food

Culture

Relations

No other tribes known.

Shire

Your tribe is found in the rainforest of the Flores peninsula. You can see a komodo dragon close to a lot of fruit.

Population: 70
Species: Homo floresiensis

Technology

Needs

Food

Culture

Relations

No other tribes known.

Drae-rure

Your tribe is found in the eastern Mediterranean shores. There are many plants around you, though you don’t know which are edible.

Population: 34
Type: Seafood-Plant Gatherer

Technology

Needs

Food

Culture

Kinship-based grouping, Gathering

Relations

No other tribes known.

Tharacagus

Your tribe is found in the shores of Tunisia. You can see a herd of aurochs getting closer.

Population: 48

Technology

Needs

Food

Culture

Relations

No other tribes known.

Trehoper

Your tribe is found in the western rainforest of the Philippines. There are monkeys close to you, and it seems like they’ve found food.

Population: 54
Species: Homo luzonensis

Technology

Needs

Food

Culture

Relations

No other tribes known.

@doomlightning @fralegend015 @OoferDoofer @Evolution4Weak @OmnipotentFNarr @PositiveTower @Deathwake @TeaKing @MGS

Let’s hope I posted this correctly

6 Likes

Action 1: send some people to explore the surrounding area

Action 2: surround the bear with spears, and kill it for meats and fur

Just saying, if you want any help with this game, let me know

1 Like

A cold starts because i the northern homo

Act 1: Take some people to find food

Act 2: Send some people to seek shelter from the cold

did i did it right?

1 Like