Questions for the 0.6.1 release Thrivestream

Ask your questions to be answered during the stream here (maximum of 3 questions per person).

Watch the livestream on YouTube:

6 Likes

Damn so soon. Didn’t expect to see this so soon.
I’ve been seeing intercellular matrix being discussed in the dev forum. Do you have any plans how it could probably work in game?
Do you have any plans for adding nucleoid or plasmid to the game at some point. I don’t see it being much of problem in programming and designing them.
The same question for Conjugal Nuclei and Macronucleus.

2 Likes

Hello developers and stream viewers.

I have 3 questions:

1. Prokaryotic civilizations were mentioned on the developer forums (As some analogue of eukaryotic colonies understood, but for prokaryotes.) Where did this idea go now? Is it planned to be implemented?
  2. Will it be possible to create special services at society stages, (I mean Industrial, Space, Society) for various purposes, to combat terrorism, and so on.
  3. If Thrive or any stages ever get a release, will you continue to fill the stages or the game with content after that?

Good Stream Everyone! And… Will you Thrive?

3 Likes

How far are you planning to take the initial prototypes for every stage?

2 Likes

Hey dev team!
-Will there be an eukaryotic organelle that can generate ATP by “eating” iron?
-Will there be a modification for flagellum (or any other organelle) , that allows to increase speed of getting phosphate and ammonia by filtering water?
-When do you plan to continue work on macroscopic?

1 Like

My questions are:

• How close do you think you are to being finished with the microbe stage?
  • When do you think 0.6.2 will come out?
  • Are you having a good day?
1 Like
  • will there be any organelles to transmit data over long distances quickly before macroscopic
  • if so will the speed of communication in microscopic stages be limited based on what you use for it
  • will the signaling agent’s communication speed be limited by the speed of diffusion and how much of the chemical it produces
1 Like

Hi I was just wondering what plans the developers have in place to keep steady development of thrive going after the heat death of the universe?

Hello!

I know that it’s too early to start thinking about the next stage I can’t help but feel excited. In the multicellular prototype there is an option to go to land and I was curious if this would remain the case throughout development. I was under the impression that going to land would be one of the last things done in the stage and simply not available at the start. Of course it’s still a prototype so I could be wrong. Have a good stream and a good day!

3 Likes

Did you mean prokaryotic colonies instead of prokaryotic civilizations?

My questions are:

> (When) Do you plan to fix the colony deformation in the early multicellular?
>(When) Will bioluminescent vacuoles be added?
> Will ecosystems/save files be shareable through a code or link?

1. So… Uh… What’s your favourite food?
    (Personally I love paszteciki szczecińskie! (paʂtɛt͡ɕikʲi ʂʈ͡ʂɛt͡ɕij̃skʲɛ))

2. What’s the most enjoyable part of developing Thrive?

3. (This question is related to the discussion about the fact that the player’s species’ close relatives don’t exist and there are virtually no species that develop from the player’s species (after the first few hundred mln), more precisely to my idea that player would split off by changing their species’ name and their previous species would be controlled by AI/Auto-evo from that point) …How about just giving the player an option to split off? What I mean by that is that there would be e.g. a button in the editor saying something like “split from your previous species”. Essentially just a clear option to split off and become a new species. This way the player would be able to have their closely related species around whenever they want. The ‘old’ species (after the player has split off) would continue to be evolved normally by the auto-evo algorithm. I think this is the best way to implement the ancestor species (honestly I’m surprised this wasn’t the first idea that came to my mind lol). This is just the preliminary idea and further details are up to discussion. So, what do you think?

1 Like

Q1: Can gradient descent be used instead of mutations? (to find the optimum place to place an organelle, etc, if such optimisation problems appear in the future). This could be faster than evolution but still resulting in the same output.

Q2: How would the microscopic creatures interact with macroscopic creatures? Will I be able to play as the microbiome of a large creature, such as a symbiotic bioluminescent bacteria, and communicate with my host using means such as quorum sensing?

If yes, what do you think about presenting the different creatures the player can inhabit like a patch map, in addition to the current patches? Could this also be used for a gameplay similar to plauge.inc? (with the goal not being killing all your hosts, but that also being possible)

Q3: Do you think in multicellular and aware stages, all animals would have photosynthetic skin? Because it doesn’t have a disadvantage, it would only grant some free glucose. Do you think this would happen? If yes, do you think it should happen as often as it does? If no, how do you plan to prevent it?

1 Like

Every day I read the developer forum page, and it’s incredible to witness that such features as Photosynthesis or organelle upgrades quickly turn from being just discussion posts to fully impemented in-game and that I could touch them!

Considering that, I’ll be happy to hear what is the current progress (or opinion) on these issues, starting from the easiest to impement to the hardest:

1. Iron-decaying proteins and Thermoplast directly produce ATP, which means cells who feed on the energy surplus from these organelles are excluded from the food chain. This is because on cell’s death, no extra glucose is being released, since said surplus isn’t stored in glucose, so there’s no incentive for predators and auto-evo to hunt such cells. Wouldn’t it be more logical if the energy produced in processes from these 2 organelles immediately converted from ATP to glucose? And to reflect that, replace the product of processes of iron oxygenation and melatonin with glucose, it could be a different amount of glucose per % than ATP is currently is.

2. Is environmental tolerance system finalised and is it ready to be implemented?

3. Are you still considering dynamic environmental conditions and compound concetrations in patches aka oxygenation?
    What are your thoughts on global catastrophe events that will massively impact patches? In current state, ecosystem eventually stabilises to an equilibrium, unless player goes out of his way to change it.

Thank you programmers and developers who voluntarily contribute to this project,
for the titanic work you keep doing every day!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.