Quick Question Thread

It’s very plausible. If a higher tier patron leaves, it has a pretty large impact on the overall amount.

1 Like

In the future, could there be more ways to enter the editor? What if a cell reproduces like a Bacteriophage by injecting genetic code into a cell to make more of itself?
(Non LAWK) Why not a Pilus that injects the nucleus into another cell to hijack it?

This is probably physically infeasible in addition to not being LAWK, as you would need a massive hole for the nucleus to pass through a tube.

1 Like

massive pilus

2 Likes

Which was underwater. Or maybe this is about a theory that I haven’t heard of?

I wrote about it a little in this theme

Necroposting goes brrr. Anyways, first, i don’t know where to find save files, and i couldn’t find it anywhere. I also don’t really have a reason, if i want to show my cell i can just screenshot. And the challenge stuff, i don’t really know what to make. A challenge would be better if started from the beggining of the game, right? The options are really limited when you have to make it based an existing cell…

?

3 Likes

I was refering to a post or in the games files, thanks anyways

You’ll need something like FileBin to post them.

Hey, i don’t really know much about biology, so how are primordial cells aware of their surroundings? How do they know where to go, if there are predators, etc.?

They don’t (or maybe more accurately they mostly don’t, they sense the chemicals near them and react to them).

Because Thrive is not a blindness simulator the player is allowed to visually see what’s going on, and then because of that it wouldn’t be very fair to the NPCs if they were really limited in their detection range when the player isn’t, so that’s why they are given the locations of nearby things.

5 Likes

@hhyyrylainen
I’m thinking of applying to the dev team, but i have a set of questions:
I used to do 3D models for FNAF characters about 4 years ago, now i’m learning 3D again, proper 3D. So i have some uncouscious skill (like, i know how to do some stuff because of that past experience but i don’t really remember it, so when i model i remember of some stuff in the past, so i have some experience, right?). I also know image editing, video editing, and game design. So, i want to be an artist and game designer, but i haven’t put my game design on practice, only in in-depth reviews, which covers game design, but i haven’t actually made a game with my game design skills, only reviews. Is that acceptable? I also am still learning 3D, so i won’t be able to do much. I also do amateurish pixel arts, if that could even help in anything. Adobe ilustrator also seems easy to use, so i could maybe do some GUI concept stuff, but i don’t know much about that. If i join and do nothing (because i’m learning), will it be any problem? And if i’m not accepted, when i learn more, can i try again? There isn’t any shame in not getting applied, right? Or is it better to wait and get more skill in 3D? I could still help in the other stuff. And if i wait, my brain keeps saying “apply to the dev team, it’s gonna be so cool, you gonna get the badge and credits and all, see what happens” but i know i won’t help much, which makes a a bit confused.

We are looking for game designers who have actual experience implementing their ideas, for example mods or simple game jam games would be fine. This is because game design is quite iterative and we think concrete experience working in a team that tries to implement your ideas and changing your ideas on the fly, is really a core activity for a game designer.
So we want actual game design experience before accepting a new game designer, in order to avoid “ideas people” from joining the team.

I think pixel art doesn’t fit in with Thrive’s style, so we will probably have 0 pixel art in the game.

We try to only accept people who have shown they have the skills to do something useful in the team.

Yes. So far no one has sent in so many applications that the application reviewers have gotten tired of that person.

For the official credits on the wiki, those are usually only updated once you have made a concrete contribution.

1 Like

Is the Thrive soundtrack on Spotify?

It is, at least a part of it is:

1 Like

Question : Why are microbes addicted to iron? They chase it as if there is’nt anything in there life, this would be severely detrimental to your species that just chases iron forever… the ai needs improvement.

1 Like

You are right that the AI needs improvements. It was last worked on a couple of years ago. Though, for 0.5.4 there has already been some work on the AI so the AI should be at least a little better in the next release. I think especially the new check that microbes aren’t interested in chunks that contain no useful compounds for them will be helpful.

How to bind to another cell?

Check the help menu and the tooltip for the binding agents.