Quick Question Thread

No, I mean does it get on Steam too?

Steam will get the Thrive releases, and probably at least RC builds. All the in progress builds for now I plan on just keeping for patrons. Is that what you are asking?

I’m actually asking whether us Patrons can access the dev releases on Steam. AFAIK, Steam does offer the opportunity of using codes to access secret Beta releases.

For now that won’t be the case. I’m not even sure if I’ll include the DevCenter connection feature on Steam, as it kinda seems like that if we offer a subscription (like Patreon) elsewhere, we would also need to offer that on Steam. So for now I don’t even have the time to think about that, perhaps in the future once things calm down I would have time to actually properly look into this and if it is sensible, add it.

1 Like

I was wondering, are you going to do steam access codes (I forget what they are actually called) so more revenue goes straight to development? (I may be misunderstanding how access codes work.) And where can I get the disco nucleus mod?

I’m not exactly sure what you are asking, but are you talking about all the third party stores that sell Steam keys to get a game on Steam even though you bought it elsewhere?
I saw an option to have Steam keys on Itch.io so that could be a possibility.

I linked to the mods download in the release candidate thread. Here’s that same link again.

Yes I was referring to steam keys on third party stores. I saw other games do something similar in the past but was not sure of the exact methods. I would just like to make sure as much of the payment as possible is actually going to support the developers. And thank you very much for the link.

From what I’ve seen itch is the store with the lowest store cut out there (you can even set it to 0% I think, but I don’t want to be a jerk there, so I would never set it so low). As I said it seems possible to give out Steam keys through itch but I won’t commit to that just yet.

I have some Q:
its plan to do an life cycles?
like a phases in insects or Haplodiploidy life cycles in some plants and alges?

I just study that in botanic lab in the university and this come to mind

It’s hard to tell what will be feasible or not when it comes to offering possibilities of real life in a both fun and accurate settings.Now, the aim is of course to emulate as much as we can through our models, and given that insects are especially numerous and relevant in Earth’s biomass, I assume that their mechanism will probably be modeled one-way or another.

The best way to tell if this is possible is to investigate this matter with programmers, game designers and theorists, to check how each domain fares in front of this mechanisms.

But for starters theorists are key, and especially, theorists who study this in botanic labs would be very welcome. :wink:

1 Like

Well, i think is complex to do that for now especially in the auto-evolution algorithm.

i just mouth ago start in the university, i still have a lot to learn.

Edit: i just leasen to the podcast, i see u have only have 2 over theorist. right now i just started to study first years, soo i will go in more 2 years to real resarct as my final, this year i study botanic this semester, after that do not do nothing after that. my final project will me focus ion evolution.
but becuse of my love for plants and as have fear from real blood, thius why i chose a botanic.
still, I do think about the theorist, but what are doing?

What will it be used for?

To produce light in low light environment such as in the Abyss patch.

Why move to low light environment? And why does a cell need it if it cannot see without stigma?

Why move to any new environment?

To spread your population, and take advantage of a niche that is probably there.
The lack of light is simply one of many challenges to overcome.

The cell editor is not restricted to the cellular stage. It will persist into the multicellular and aware stages as well.
If you want a creature with skin, you will need to design a cell with skin-like properties.
If you need any other particular kind of tissue, or organ, you will need to design a cell for that too.
If you want bioluminescence, at all, it needs to exist in the cell editor.

1 Like

I do not understand how the cells will use this organelle. They have not eyes and can’t capture light.

Short answer, they can.

Signaling in Single-Celled Organisms | Biology 171

3 Likes

Bro @PeasantKyr should go to jail because murder is illegal-

2 Likes

Can I have a link to the modding guide?

1 Like