Quick Question Thread

The button on the bottom right that is enabled after enough Phosphate and ammonium is gathered? Yes, is that also the reproduction button? I somehow thought that my own cell would also pop out baby cells mid “generation” :smiley:

Well the game spawn a cell next to your cell, if memory serves me there is no animation for cell division

2 Likes

Ah! Ok, I think I get it now. Whenever I evolve, I always spawn in right next to at least one of my own species. I guess that’s my baby!

Thank you!

It’s your daughter cell, actually.

Where can I find mods if I don’t have a Steam version of the game? I have installed the Disco cores and damage numbers mods but cannot find any mods from the community.

As far as I’ve seen, there’s just this one:

And even that is just a mod support, well mod. So it needs mods built on top of it to be useful. I know of at least one (Steam Workshop::Evo's Partless Challenge (ABANDONED)) that builds on top of it, but I haven’t seen a download link for that other than on the Steam Workshop.

i been meaning to post it on the forums but never got around doing it

but if you are interested, here’s a link to the download page:

1 Like

Will there photoreceptive organelle?

1 Like

Or what about a sort of jet organelle? What kind of new original organelles do you guys have planned?

How do you properly play thrive?

Eyespots are definitely a must, as it will be necessary for creating eyes in later stages.
For now however they would see little to no use as there is no reason to detect light in the current game until we have variable light levels in patches, or other light related mechanics.

I remember wanting to implement a slime jet part as a tool for “sprinting” in Thrive. It’s been a while so I may not recall entirely why, but we ultimately determined that the science behind slime jets is not sound enough to base a part off of. (Indeed it seems that microbes that move via slime are pulling themselves along it like a slug, rather than propelling themselves via expulsion.)

For autotrophic diets such as chemosynthesis and photosynthesis, I generally advise a 1:2 ratio of metabolosomes and two related proteins as you evolve. Make sure to have one or two cytoplasms for storage space as well.

If you wish to be a predator or scavenger, make sure that you are either in a highly populated patch, or a patch containing marine snow. It’s generally easier to start off as a scavenger, by making yourself bigger (Quickly done by placing cytoplasm) to be able to engulf cell chunks and store the resulting compounds. Active predation can be difficult at first, but once you become a eukaryote it can become easier to maintain a reliable speed relative to bacterial prey.

2 Likes

When will flagellum be animated?

But it is already animated?

Not for me, sounds like a bug

I was going to say that of course they animate, but now when I tested, it turns out they don’t…
So they have broken at some point…

Opened an issue:

Edit: I already made a PR fixing the issue: https://github.com/Revolutionary-Games/Thrive/pull/2962

Seems like it was caused by a Godot update that renamed the right animation, and I also had to find a new way to make sure the animation loops.

Will there be a phosphate-producing organelle? I can’t be a motionless plant without it.(

1 Like

I’ve seen one of the devs talk about this before, so I’ll summarize what they said.

It isn’t actually possible to create phosphate from cellular processes IRL. Creating such a thing in game would not be scientifically accurate.

3 Likes

When will there be the planet generator

There is

1 Like

What happens if you make a giant circle of cells? (The player’s cell being attached to the start and end of the circle) Would it glitch out?