Quick Question Thread

This should definitely be already fixed in the latest release.

Quick question. When you become multicellular, does the colony size increase the size of engulfable prey or does it still depend on the size of the individual cells. Assuming the latter, does it depend on the size of the “stem” cell or simply the adjacent cell you’re trying to engulf with?

Being in a colony doesn’t currently change the engulfing capability of individual cells. So in a colony each cell just does their own engulfing. There are also extra bugs in colonies when engulfing:

are you able to make game look like this?
thrive rtx on
(art by JotaBolota)

1 Like

This would destroy game’s performance.

Not really. I’m 99% certain that graphics rendering is not our bottleneck so even if the graphics visuals were updated to look like that, I’d doubt the game performance would really change at all.

12 Likes

I mean…i’d love to see the graphics be like the picture that was sent. Perhaps on a really large gfx setting lol

1 Like

How do I get to macroscopic? What I have to do? I didn’t see the button.

First, you gotta be in the right version of thrive.
Second, you gotta be multicellular.
Third, you look above your population button at the same place the ‘become multicellular’ button was. (after you get above 1 cell in multicellular stage i think)

2 Likes

Where is the slow question thread?

You are in it right now.

2 Likes

At the current pace of development, what year (Or decade [Or century {Why did I do this}]) Will we have a Aware prototype?

1 Like

This is concept art for the multicellular stage.

For quick question like this one i recommend the Quick Question Thread

2 Likes

THX i just love the looks

1 Like

I agree, it is quite pretty. This is my favorite one:
File:Multieditorconcept.jpeg

but of course, this one is impossible to make

2 Likes

Yes its so good and a cant wait for the second part of multy cellular and awere stage

Thrive is a hard project but its just nides support

1 Like

I hate to be that guy, but please don’t double post. Instead, edit your previous post.

well it is possible, if you have a NASA computer, or if you are willing to play it on 3 fps