Quick Question Thread

Good question. Lets see what hhyy will say.
Btw the “en” ending reminds me of a characteristic you give to something, like in german, so it might mean like someone who is “hyyriläin” or “hyyriläined”? :thinking: :thinking:

:angry:
unlike some really messed up writing systems that I won’t call out here, Finnish doesn’t have silent letters.
So the first step in my guide to pronouncing Finnish is: pronounce all the letters.

4 Likes

Sorry for my misunderstanding and ignorance MILORD :laughing:
Glad to have a Native speaker though
Btw portuguese is practically the same.
I did remove some “silent” in my post but not all of them. I thought “silent” meant that It is not pronounced in some pronunciations ir dialects, like “hy-ri-lainn” with a muted “e”. idk much, though.

But what does Hyyryläinen mean anyway?

We will never know

Perhaps it’s something like 1n48yg‘s name where it is random typing

His real name is Henri Hyyryläinen, as far as I know.
Thats why he is the Supreme King Henri I
:laughing:

I think user name comes from his real name tbh like the username Oliveriver

A post was merged into an existing topic: THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn’t Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread

For the upcoming release, is the save feature cloud or entirely software?

I’m pretty confused by this question. But I’ll assume you wanted to ask “are the saves stored in the cloud or locally”. The answer to that question is that the saves are locally stored on the player’s computer. It wouldn’t make much sense to have cloud saves (other than if we ever release on Steam that could take advantage of steam’s cloud saves), because we’d have to pay for their hosting and download bandwidth.

1 Like

Does Steam require the devs to pay a fee for enabling the cloud?

I don’t know, but I assume it’s included in Valve’s standard cut of the game prices.

Well, I’ve been trying to get Godot to work (i.e. not crash) on my end, but to no avail, so I’ll just try helping out by giving ideas from now on, at least until the next Godot version. How did you guys get it to work?

The Godot editor just works, you download it, unzip, and run. It just workstm. If it doesn’t I would ask the Godot community for help.
If you mean, being able to run Thrive from Godot, then you need to sort out the required nuget packages, see the setup instructions for that.

Thanks for the info!

I know that I’m probably gonna be hit with that “It will be done when it’s done” type of thing but do you have a personal opinion on when the Cell stage will be completed?

It probably will be completed within 5 years, maybe less at the rate we are going.

The cell stage will never be fully completed because Thrive is an open source game and there will always be new developers who want to add new things to existing stages. That said I don’t think early multicellular is that far off. Sure coding a new stage is hard, but I don’t think getting cells to stick together is much harder than say, auto-evo or the agent system. It’s just a matter of when a developer is gonna be motivated to add that feature.

3 Likes
Some days ago, there were 143 issues. Now, there are 152. What’s happening?

They are probably adding more things to do for the next update

Not true. The milestone hasn’t changed one bit.
1 Like