Quick Question Thread

any way i can change my username here on the forum?

I think by clicking on your pfp on the top right of the screen, then going to uhhh PREFERENCES then you can easily change your Vanity name.

I think you can only change your username for 3 days after registering. After that it’s not changeable because it breaks @mentions.

Unless you ask an admin to change it for you, but you can’t do that 100 hundred times so choose your new name carefully. I think there are only two users who changed names :

• from QuMingeyCrater to Biologicah
  • from Lovat to LordLovat

Hey, I missed the donation campaign. Is there still a way for me to contribute to thrive and get my name in the credits?

You can join the Patreon: Revolutionary Games is creating Thrive - an open source game about evolution | Patreon
patrons will be listed in the credits as well (if they are currently a patron when the release is made)

1 Like

You mean our username, right?

Patreon doesn’t have usernames. The “vanity” name is used if that is set, for many users they haven’t set that so then the first + last name field is used. From what I’ve seen everyone has been at least forced to provide their first name (though I see some people have “mistakenly” put their username in that field).

1 Like

Can we become mold? Or be parasitic mushrooms?

There wouldnt be anything stopping you, but the enjoyability of gameplay might be questionable.

How is everyone doing?
Necropost maybe?

Will the game be for free outside of steam or will I have to pay it?

it’ll be free outside of itch and steam

If its free outside of itch and steam then whats the point of buying it on itch and steam when its free here?

I guess supporting the devs

Support and also some special stuff, read the first two paragraphs of the last PU carefully to find out.

Im sorry if I sounded selfish, its just I would absolutely love to support the devs but I currently dont have a way of doing so in my current situation.

2 Likes

It’s no problem!

You can still support us just by getting the word out there about Thrive

And don’t worry about not being able to afford Thrive, it will always be free. It is open-source, afterall.

1 Like

If not in as in free beer, then at least free like in freedom (you can always download the source code and compile it yourself, even if we don’t manage to find anyone to host the compiled version for free once the game gets bigger).

2 Likes

For the Steam release, when do you plan Steam cards, backgrounds, emoticons, etc.?

I can’t wait! I can’t wait! I can’t wait! I can’t wait! I can’t wait!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
dies

Defib him! Clear!

coming back to life

Sorry, I’m getting overjoyed about the Steam release.