"Sexual" reproduction in Microbes (Isogamy)

Some Single-Celled Eukaryotas on Earth reproduce both sexually and asexually (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC16239/). Could something like this be added:

For example (sexual reproduction) grants microbes more genetic variety, which in-game could be more Mutation Points.

How could be it done? Second nucleus. Two cells come close to each other and combine membranes. They exchange “sexual” nucleus which results in reproduction.

4 Likes

Didn’t @Untrustedlife mention something like this in the latest podcast?

It definitely sounds like something I’d like to have in the game.

3 Likes

Ah, yes
I too would, uh, like this added
ya know, err, for educational purposes…

4 Likes

I can just imagine it Thrive Rule34

3 Likes

I was reading about plasmids the other day and they are super interesting. Basically some bacteria can swap bits of dna around using a pilus. I think that might be a cool thing to add. If we wanted to be crazy we could even make it give you a random organelle from the thing you swap with, not sure if that would be fun.

Yeah that’s a cool idea. Some bacteria can even take DNA from other dead bacteria.

1 Like

cool and fun idea! :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

hello and welcome to the forums
this thread has been dead for over 3 years now, so please dont necropost again
also instead of fluff posting, you can give posts hearts or 1+

1 Like

I have a bit of a suspicion that that is actually a spammer, making an innocent first post in preparation to spam later, as they have only read a few threads and that post is really generic. I’ve seen it before that a wave of new users join who make such “innocent” first posts in a bunch of old topics.

1 Like