Some art

Also as a side note I really need ideas for a body type/shape I’m blanking so hard right now

Well we need to establish if this creature is tiny like a tardigrade, or more animal-sized, like a horse or something. If as an animal, I am leaning towards a walking lumbering pile of flesh(?) that uses massive fist-tentacles to walk around, which would fix the posture problem. Maybe the head shape could go for something a little more upside-down cone shape, with horns a the top, 4 tiny peepers (It doesn’t really need eyes, since the whole sensor feet thing). Mouth could be the virus thing that would just absorbs the prey or plant.

I’m sorry but I can’t get over the phrase “massive fist tentacles”, but other than that I get your point. And if I’m going to give it a size I say a rhino.

I meant like having long bulky arms with no discernable hand-like appendage, so just a massive fist for balance and CRUSHING.

1 Like

I second that, because “Rund” (swedish) literally means “round”, as in “a round globe”.

2 Likes

Now I’m trying to think of ways to make it more spherical… Hmmm I could make its “peepers” like little spheres. Also yes, I will try to implement fur

I’ve decided that I will give it “massive fist tentacles” also i think I will allow its first two legs to be side by side but the rest will be along its spine (if I let it have a spinal column but I’m feeling peckish and I might make it a s n a I l)

1 Like

I know I keep asking you guys for advice but if I’m being honest I like your responses better than what I would do. GETTING TO THE POINT. I know I’m going for something flesh-ier but I’m having trouble for coming up with the structure for the chest and torso area (I know this is an alien that probably won’t have either but I think you get the idea)

They resemble the Elder Things from Lovecraft’s At the Mountains of Madness.

2 Likes

Maybe the torso could be a bit more puffed up, signifying it’s a vital piece of body storing organs and stuff, and also have tougher looking skin? I don’t know how to illustrate that, I’m better with words than pictures. It could add some bulk and show this creature has a lot of muscle mass (I just like bulky golem creatures in general, so it might make me a bit biased.)

2 Likes

Having trouble with back legs. Without them it looks off-balanced. Any ideas?

(image may or may not send I have horrible connection)

1 Like

We have your image, don’t you worry.

Since I am replying; how about trying to create a backside of your creature? As you are imagining it from behind? Otherwise… Why not mermaid tails (I am crappy with fish parts, I am graded in high school social science, not biology, so please don’t skin me for this sin :sweat_smile:)?

1 Like

A. I am imagining the creature from the front as in it is facing the viewer (did that answer your question?)
B. This creature is terrestrial therefore a fin would most likely not be useful. HOWEVER. I was looking at fish fins to match at least some of your request and I think I found one that I could use.

1 Like

Ye, alright… I saw a Youtube video of a bird specie with extremely long and not to mention thin legs, It was made by this guy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHsRtomD4twRf5WVHHk-cMw

TierZoo is the name of his channel and feature some really pedagogic fact movies about animals and their history on earth. It’s also very much comedy in his videos (mostly references from the computer gaming world and memes) Comes recommended :smile::+1:

Edit: grammar

1 Like

Hey does anyone want to help me design another creature (P.S. it WILL die).

Edit: the original creature also needs a mouth of some sort and I’m taking suggestions

Alligators mouth :grin:?

1 Like

sigh you know what :antarctica: it it’s not the same

3 Likes

It looks really nice! Maybe make the head a little smaller because it seems a bit disproportionate, but it looks excellent like that!

1 Like

Any ideas for scenery? I don’t want to leave it completely blank.

It looks like an amphibious creature, so maybe coming out of water to a swamp-like terrain?

1 Like