Spectral - A Urban Superpower Apocalypse

i look for a bobcat to try to pet it and make it an apostle

1 Like

I will touch my target to make them an apostle

1 Like

swim up… its truly nothiong i can do

1 Like

Am I suppusted to be aqua reptile soul thrown into a human?
Yes, let’s turn rat into an apostle. What possibly could go wrong?

1 Like

Im just gonna…do niether of these things and go to the nearest genetic modification facility to become a normal human.

1 Like

you do not want to swim directly up or even go into the water at that pressure. what you instead to is, if you have any, use electricity to separate the hydrogen and oxygen in water then use it to power the submarine and use it to go up or touch a fish and make it your apostle.

1 Like

Can I get some backstory please? All I know is I’ve been in my apartment for 5 days straight and there’s a loud explosion nearby.

1 Like

time to look for a way out of my problem
how about…
action: scream as loud as i can to get people to save me

1 Like

Oh, wait,
Action: finally get out of my apartment and find a super to make my apostle.

1 Like

Action; go and find a zoo, wait til night, and then sneak into as many animal enclosures as I can and make Apostles. If I can try to acquire [Animal Communication] while I am at zoo (this second sentence would be a bonus if I get a high roll)

AFAIK there wasn’t a limit on how many apostles we could have at one time…

Edit; Also since I didnt start with an apostle I’m assuming I can go find one

1 Like

Im going to chage the forum game up because I feel its lacking. The idea sounded good at first but its too complex. Expect a rewrite tomorrow.

Looks good to me, maybe don’t say you’ll write x number of words though.

1 Like

Here is an overveiw.

You will all start with a power, I Choose your starting power, then you choose the rest.

There are a few ways to gain powers,

1. Get a power to max level, teir 0 powers cap at level 5 and every EVO adds 5 more levels. This method means that you cannot evolve the power, but you can still fuse it.

2. Kill a person or being with a power, you can loot on of their powers.

3. Achieve powers via training and comprehension.

These are all good methods, and can be fused. The best method in quality is 3 as it will give at least a teir 1 power. Looted powers are harder to level until you fuse or EVO them.

There are also 3 ways to gain perks. Perks can be added to powers to change their affect. A max of 2 per EVO.

1. After maxing a power, you can dismantle it into perks, this results in 2-3 random perks.

2. Loot perks, simple, you cannot loot a power after this.

3. Train with a power at MAX to acheive selected perks

1 is semi controllable and takes a while. 2 is fast but uncontrollable and risky while 3 takes a while but is highly controllable.

Overveiw on TRAITS,

Traits can only be acheived with comprehension, and are passed along to descendents.

There is no limit to Traits, but each trait is harder to get than the last.

DEATH IS PERMANENT.

Unless you have descendants.

In case you havent guessed, this is a long term game with the goal of many sects and powerful familys arising out of the rubble of the modern world.

Also, descendents Traits are not limited, and they can comphremhend more without added difficulty.

Everyone will start as a man in their 20’ working a stable job unless you want to change that.

Also

Power Score

There will be a power score based upon your stats, affected by your powers. This will be public to everyone.

You can only have 3 powers equipped at once. Power fusion must have at least 2 MAX level powers.

PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE THING

Also you get one vote every 10^n power score.

If you want more info please put it in the chat and not mudded the game.

@everyone

Gc Spectral Discussion 1

1 Like

Round One

Year 0, Month 0

Nigel P4

Roll-11

Crack

You bang the small shell against the rugged rock of the shore. You have done this countless times, and it never gets any less satisfying. Your dull eyes scan the coast for any more food. You find none, and as such, you tie yourself up in a blanket of seaweed, as the generations before you have done.

Crack

You look towards the sound, in the sky.

Brilliant cracks cover the sky, then disappear. Suddenly, you feel a deep sense of self, as if you were thinking for the first time. In control.

Brilliant Blue Rocks… no Sheets cover your vision.

[Nigel]

1. Clarity

This… is the dawn of a new Otter Age!

Power Stats

Traits-
Powers Equipped-

1. Clarity Evo.0 Lv.0

Other Powers-
Perks-

Affected Stats

Str-1
Vit-1
Agl-1
Int-2
Psy-2

Centarien P1

Roll-1

Deep breaths.

The figures around you stare at your soul. Their empty eyes every waning with whispers.

‘You know whats we want.’

‘Why didn’t you help me?’

So, it was he, a paranoid schizophrenic. Make it stop, please! The figures continuously swarmed his vision, former friends, colleagues, and bosses all screaming at him! No one was left, they all left…

Deep Breaths.

Crack

‘Did I trip over something?’

You look at the floor, but nothing is on the ground. You hear the noise again; you walk out of your cabin and see brilliant streaks across the sky. Then, they are gone.

'Did I take too many pills?"

You are just about to go back inside when a large blue screen pops up.

[Ray Centarien]

1. Meditation

You feel a deep dread fill your body.

Power Stats

Traits-
Powers Equipped-

1. Meditation Evo.0 Lv.0

Other Powers-
Perks-

Affected Stats

Str-1
Vit-1
Agl-1
Int-1 (2 While Meditating)
Psy-1

Willow P1

Roll- 1

You feel the wind rustle your branches; years of growth accumulated in an ever-growing cycle of life. A squirrel jumps between your branches. This one is your favorite; it always eats your seeds. The others don’t do that. The day is peaceful.

Many more peaceful days will continue.

Crack

Did the wind snap off a branch? Hopefully, it will grow into a new tree!

The squirrel moves faster as if escaping a predator. You don’t feel the squirrel anymore. You liked that squirrel.

The predator moves on, as with the cycle of life. Maybe a new squirrel will make its home here.

[Willow]

1. Photosynthesis
Power Stats

Traits-
Powers Equipped-

1. Photosynthesis Evo.0 Lv.0

Other Powers-
Perks-

Affected Stats

Str-1
Vit-1 (2 While in the sun)
Agl-1
Int-1
Psy-1

Twilight P8

Roll- 15
Codename- ‘TWILIGHT’

Just one more clean assassination and you will be free. The organization has kept you for far too long.

The cold winds blow as you arrive at the location of the victim. A middle-aged politician from a third-world country. Easy, you sneak through a plate in the large glass dome, no doubt built from embezzled funds. You avoid the cameras and make it to the master bedroom; there you find him. You ready your dagger.

Crack

The man moves, and you quickly dive under the large bed.

“They can never do a good roof job! Damn it!”

The man kicks the bed. And to your horror, it cracks. The man shocked by his power almost stumbles. and knocks the bed over. You stay still and stop breathing and by a stroke of luck, the man doesn’t notice you.

‘It’s too dark’ You think.

The man seems to look at something in the corner of his vision, then walks towards the balcony. You take the opportunity and stab your dagger toward him. The dagger nicks his jugular vein and a fountain of blood starts to flood into the carpet.

So much for a clean assassination.

The man tries to say something, but blood fills his lungs and he soon dies of suffocation.

A blue screen pops into your vision.

[You have assassinated power user Fredrick Belval.]
[Only one option detected]
[You have gained power, Strengthened Physique Evo.0 Lv.0]

[Twilight]

1. Camouflage Evo.0 Lv.0
  2. Strengthened Physique Evo.0 Lv.0
Power Stats

Traits-

1. Camouflage Evo.0 Lv.0
  2. Strengthened Physique Evo.0 Lv.0

Other Powers-
Perks-

Affected Stats

Str-2 (Strengthened Physique)
Vit-1
Agl-2 (Camouflage)
Int-1
Psy-2 (Camouflage)

Fralegened P3

Roll-7

‘Biology of a Lizard’

A good book in your opinion, you look at your bearded dragon, Lizzy. The lights are on, but no one is home. Lizzy gives you a look and you turn back to the book, it was good. It explained the similarities between reptiles and mammals well. As well as the lizards in the family tree. So many lizards~

The sun was getting low in the sky, so you quickly put the book in your collection.

‘How to train a lizard’

‘Lizard intelligence’

‘Tricks to teach your lizard tricks’

“Ah, right here.”

You put it next to ‘Lizard Communication’ and ‘Lizard Dieting’. Your apartment bookshelf was getting full. Though living in the backwaters of Chicago, you like your life here. You work as a librarian in the downtown district. The good life.

Crack

“Lizzie! What did I tell you about trying to eat the plastic decorations!”

Lizzie looks on in lizardry innocence. You try to find the origin of the sound, but cannot. Then.

Crack!

[Elias Frale]

1. Lizard Communication
Power Stats

Traits-
Powers Equipped-

1. Lizard Communication Evo.0 Lv.0

Other Powers-
Perks-

Affected Stats

Str-1
Vit-1
Agl-1
Int-1
Psy-3 (Lizard Communication)

Aah P1

Roll- 14

You look at your stash of firearms.

Good.

You pick one up and practice firing it in your basement. The heavy thuds echo throughout. Something was missing. You pick up an old-looking revolver, inherited from your parents before they passed away. The dusted revolver had seen better days. You loaded a cartridge into it and fired.

You could practically feel every movement the gun made, the lack of air circulation in your basement, and the way the target subtly swung back and forth. The recoil almost made you drop the revolver, but a single look at the target told you this was the gun for you.

The target lay in pieces.

Crack

“Seems like Phil is doing it again.” You mutter as you clean the revolver and put it back in its holster.

Crack!

“He really needs soundproofing.”

You feel something different come forth within you as you look at the holstered revolver. Out of a gut feeling you attach it to your waist.

You might need it.

[Grand Louis]

1. Firearm Proficiency
Power Stats

Traits-
Powers Equipped-

1. Firearm Proficiency Evo.0 Lv.0

Other Powers-
Perks-

Affected Stats

Str-1
Vit-1
Agl-1
Int-1
Psy-1
Fir- 2 (Only with a Firearm)

Doom P5

Roll- 20

Life as a British electrician was hard. The pay was low and the respect was even lower. You hated it.

Honk!

It seems birds will fly today.

You arrive at your shoddy apartment and heave yourself onto your bed.

‘And the cycle continues’ You repeat in your mind.

Crack

“Damn it! Did a fuse blow?! I knew Ali Express was sketchy!”

You go downstairs to check the fuses, all good. You hurry back up the stairs to your apartment, but catch a glimpse of something in the sky, cracks, like a spiderweb weaving through the clouds.

“That is not going- gone!”

The cracks disappeared. Not suspicious at all.

“I’m tripping, did someone spike my water?!”

You make it back to your apartment, rumbling, and are able to finally rest.

[Howard Doom]

1. Electrical Manipulation
Power Stats

Traits-
Powers Equipped-

1. Electrical Manipulation Evo.0 Lv.0

Other Powers-
Perks-

Affected Stats

Str-1
Vit-1
Agl-1
Int-1
Psy-5 (Electrical Manipulation)

Teaking P2

Roll-5

You go through the profits for the month.

“It’s not enough.”

Your subordinate shivers in response.

“Yes s-sir”

“WORK ON IT!”

The subordinate quickly runs off. As you sip your cup of tea, known to most as the drug lord of the north, your real specialty resides in tea making… and spiking, giving you the title of Teaking.

Another man walks into the room, with a much more refined stance.

“Walter, they are closing the borders, the cartels are mad,” Hans says to you.

“Hans, I don’t give a shit. They own half of the smuggling routes from the south to the north! They only want to smother us!”

“Yes Walter, but it would be better to keep a good relationship with them,” Hans started in hurry.

“Send them… a tea bag.” You speak.

“What do you want me to add?” Hans questions.

“Let’s add a little, arsenic gives it a little oolong flavor so their food testers won’t notice, they might even think I gave them a few grams! HAHA!” You laugh, this was indeed a good plan.

“Yes, Walter” Hans states before leaving.

Crack

“What did I tell them about firing on the wild squirrels? They are wasting my money~!”

Crack!

Oh. This is, interesting.

[Walter King]

1. Tea Enhancement
Power Stats

Traits-
Powers Equipped-

1. Tea Enhancement Evo.0 Lv.0

Other Powers-
Perks-

Affected Stats

Str-1
Vit-1
Agl-1
Int-1
Psy-1
Tea- (1 in any stat, based on last tea consumed)

@everyone

2 Likes

@you act: throw some rocks that I find, and throw some tea into the ocean. Maybe even make a fire…

1 Like

Vote: investigatw the sound

1 Like

im a drug lord?
thats surprisingly fitting
action: work on improving my teas
make them more addicting…

1 Like

ACT: attempt to level up photosynthesis

1 Like

You do realize that the sound was the system initializing. If you read the other rounds you would know.

Action: Practice shooting guns

1 Like