Spinning pinwheel of death. Thrive Bug/Feature observation

I would imagine other users have spotted this before. But in my time playing the current version of the game I have come across a somewhat overpowered strategy.
The ability for cells to bind to one another whist still having the same turn rate allows you to create a long chain and spin it around quickly sweeping a large radius around you.
If your species has spikes this can be deadly to just about anything that you can fit on screen.
I would be almost sad to see this go, but I think perhaps giving larger cells some kind of inertia to their turn rate would be warranted ? perhaps basing the turn rate of a colony based on the locomotive abilities of the cells that make it up ?
I am new and don’t really know how WIP this feature is. I noticed that doing a lot of this resulted in a crash but did not save the popup.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

This has been discussed before, I read a thread with a helicopter-spike-plant used as and example, and I believe there is a plan to add some kind of physics to make this not as powerful. I’m not the most versed in the future plans for thrive tho

3 Likes

You can track this issue here:

It is marked as “started but stuck” in the Planning Board

1 Like

ya, they be adding mass and a physics engine to change it i think.