๐Ÿฅ€ Terra Incognita [Forum Game]


(๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฑ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐‘ฌ๐’Ž๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘บ๐’†๐’‚๐’‡๐’๐’๐’…) #22

Alright explorers, Iโ€™ve almost finished the next round, but I cannot continue until @Duncan votes.


(Askyw) #23

or you replace him with someone from the waiting list.


(๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฑ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐‘ฌ๐’Ž๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘บ๐’†๐’‚๐’‡๐’๐’๐’…) #24

I might have to, but to be fair I shall wait another day or two, he may have simply forgotten.


(Radical Revolutionary) #25

or abandoned it or he ya know gone to a better place


(how do i change my vanity name) #26

yeah you can replace me with the first person on the waiting list


(๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฑ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐‘ฌ๐’Ž๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘บ๐’†๐’‚๐’‡๐’๐’๐’…) #27

@Svrangite its your lucky day!

What 3 actions will you choose? (Your situation is Duncanโ€™s)


(๏ผญฬดฬ‡อ’อ™อ”๏ฝ•ฬดอ ออ›ฬ“อ…๏ฝ“ฬดอฬ‘ฬ›อ†อ ฬฎฬฐฬ–๏ฝ‰ฬตฬŽอ‹ฬŠอšฬคฬฅฬฬฌ๏ฝƒฬธฬฝฬ›ฬ‹อ›ฬฬจฬฆฬฑฬฏ ๏ผญฬด๏ฝฬธฬอŒฬˆฬ„อŒอ™ฬฌ๏ฝŽฬธฬ•ฬฬ‰ฬƒฬŒฬฏใ€€) #28

Action 1: Analyze the water
Action 2: Send status and data to FASTR
Action 3: Head towards the strange rocky outcrop


(๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฑ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐‘ฌ๐’Ž๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘บ๐’†๐’‚๐’‡๐’๐’๐’…) #29

Uh, did you read the right description? I said Duncanโ€™s.


(๏ผญฬดฬ‡อ’อ™อ”๏ฝ•ฬดอ ออ›ฬ“อ…๏ฝ“ฬดอฬ‘ฬ›อ†อ ฬฎฬฐฬ–๏ฝ‰ฬตฬŽอ‹ฬŠอšฬคฬฅฬฬฌ๏ฝƒฬธฬฝฬ›ฬ‹อ›ฬฬจฬฆฬฑฬฏ ๏ผญฬด๏ฝฬธฬอŒฬˆฬ„อŒอ™ฬฌ๏ฝŽฬธฬ•ฬฬ‰ฬƒฬŒฬฏใ€€) #30

Oops, clicked the wrong one by mistake, my bad.

Action 1: Climb one of the surrounding hills
Action 2: Using the elevated position, scout the surrounding area
Action 3: Report findings to FASTR


(Askyw) #31

While you are working on the new round I was wondering what kinds of things automatically happen per round. such as any passive energy consumption or if we send locational/status data to FASTR (like where we are and what our personal status is). this would help me out a lot when deciding my approach to surviving in this world.


(๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฑ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐‘ฌ๐’Ž๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘บ๐’†๐’‚๐’‡๐’๐’๐’…) #32

Do not fret young padder one, energy consumption has been accounted for.


(Askyw) #33


Am I correct in assuming this ship sank before it even left port? Shame.


(๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฑ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐‘ฌ๐’Ž๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘บ๐’†๐’‚๐’‡๐’๐’๐’…) #34

Im very sorry that I left you guys hanging. Iโ€™ll leave my family behind and quit my job so I can deliver this next round on time. Again, very sorry to keep you waiting.


(Askyw) #35

Ah good! Finnally, someone who notices my importance! Now get to work! Your life are belong to me now and forever! Mwuahahahaha!!!

Summary

If you canโ€™t tell this is a joke then I implore you not to reproduce, for the sake of the species.


(๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฑ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐‘ฌ๐’Ž๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘บ๐’†๐’‚๐’‡๐’๐’๐’…) #36

Chapter 1

Down to the Ground

Phase 2


Analysis: 5 FASTRs active, 1 FASTRs missing in action. Yet to confirm failure. 4 sets of data received and archived. Contact established between FASTRs.

Awaiting responses.

PositiveTower

< PSSR (@PositiveTower) >

>Action 1: Approach the rocky hill โ€“ 3 < -15 charge>

>Action 2: Attempt to contact FASTR โ€“ 3 < -5 charge>

>Action 3: Once on the rocky hill, find anything that stands out โ€“ 6 < -3 charge>

<Health>: 100%

<Charge>: 77%

<Storage>: 0%

<Situation>: The large rocky hill in the distance seems like the best place to go, and you begin moving to it. Along your way you have to take short detours to avoid rocky, impassable terrain. After a while you receive a message from another FASTR, requesting your current status. You transmit a response, confirming that you are still fully functional, and you use this as a chance to test communication with the FASTR probe. Everything appears to work, and so you continue your journey. After arriving at the hill, you find a safe path to the summit. After a few minutes, you find yourself on the top of the landmark. You use this new vantage point to look out over the land. To your right there is a vast ocean, but it seems that the rest is just desert. Further inland is rockier, more hilly terrain. After taking a closer look, you realise that far north there is some darker, less dry land.

AgentTine

< Agent Tine (@AgentTine) >

>Action 1: Approach the largest hill โ€“ 3 < -15 charge>

>Action 2: Contact the other FASTRs to ensure they are still functioning โ€“ 6 < -5 charge>

>Action 3: Track the sun โ€“ 3 < -5 charge>

<Health>: 100%

<Charge>: 75%

<Storage>: 0%

<Situation>: You immediately set off for the large rocky hill in the distance, in hopes of finding something useful. With some time to spare, you decide to use the FASTR probe to then contact the other FASTRs. After a slight pause, you receive a confirmation ping that you have gained contact with the other rovers. You send a message to each of them investigating their functionality. While waiting for a response, you decide to track the sunโ€™s position. It is directly overhead right now, making it around noon. You then receive a couple of responses from fellow rovers, but to your surprise, you only receive 4. After some time, you make it to the base of the rocky hill.

Askyw

< Convalesce (@Askyw) >

>Action 1: Assess the Podโ€™s condition โ€“ 5 < -3 charge>

>Action 2: Carefully approach the rocky hill โ€“ 5 < -10 charge>

>Action 3: Send current status and data to the FASTR probe โ€“ 4 < -5 charge>

<Health>: 100%

<Charge>: 82%

<Storage>: 0%

<Situation>: With careful inspection, you analyse the podโ€™s condition. It seems that the capsule made a long streak in the dirt behind it, and the bottom of the pod has long gashes. Itโ€™s final resting position left it precariously balanced on a small rock. With the capsule holding no further purpose, you leave the land site for the rocky hill in the distance. After a couple of minutes, you receive a message from another rover inquiring about your status. Slightly startled, you transmit a reply assuring the rover that you are fully functional. This also allows you to send your data to the FASTR probe. A few seconds pass, and the probe sends you back confirmation of successful transmission. After a sufficient amount of data has been collected, your information will later be relayed back to Earth. After about an hour, you reach the base of the hill. It seems to be mostly comprised of gravel and small loose rocks. You note a more solid trail that can get you to the top.

BowlDawg

< Col. Sanders (@BowlDawg) >

>Action 1: Look at the condition of the capsule โ€“ 3 < -3 charge>

>Action 2: Try to climb out the way I came in โ€“ 5 < -5 charge>

>Action 3: If Action 2 fails, try to make a pile of rocks to try and climb out easier โ€“ 2 < -6 charge>

<Health>: 100%

<Charge>: 86%

<Storage>: 0%

<Situation>: In the dark, cold tunnel you find yourself at the bottom of, you attempt to analyse the capsuleโ€™s current state. Unable to see anything other than what youโ€™ve seen before, you keep the information to later send back to the FASTR probe. Not keen on traversing the cave system, you attempt to climb out, before realising that the hole in the ceiling is several metres above you. You try to drive up the side of the rocky wall, but cannot make it even halfway up. You spend several minutes staring at the light before looking around for small rocks and pebbles you can pile up. You find nothing but a couple of pebbles no bigger than your grabbing apparatus. You drop them directly under the entrance to the surface. Attempting to stand on top of them scatters the pile, and you are left where you began. Returning to the surface from here is obviously not an option, so you swivel your head around and find two seemingly identical tunnels leading in different directions.

Svrangite

< Grene (@Svrangite) >

>Action 1: Climb one of the surrounding hills โ€” 3 < -8 charge>

>Action 2: Using the elevated position, scout the surrounding area โ€” 4 < -4 charge>

>Action 3: Report findings to FASTR โ€” 4 < -5 charge>

<Health>: 100%

<Charge>: 83%

<Storage>: 0%

<Situation>: You see no reason to stay at your landing site, and so you set out towards one of the surrounding hills. You choose a sandy, dirt covered hill east of your current position, and โ€“ after some attempts โ€“ make your way to the top. Using your new location, you survey the surrounding area, and find nothing but more bleached desert. After taking a second look, and re-adjusting your optical sensors, you are able to spot an ocean bordering the desert to your right. Your surveillance of the land is interrupted by a message requesting your current status and functionality. Mildly perturbed by this disturbance, you reply with the appropriate information. As you resume looking at the area, you see the same sandy dunes as before, including the towering rocky outcrop. After being able to spot nothing else from this altitude, you forward your information to the FASTR Probe.

Evolution4Weak

< Crest (@Evolution4Weak) >

>Action 1: Check Pod โ€” 4 < -5 charge>

>Action 2: Analyze the Water โ€” 1 < -8 charge>

>Action 3: Relay Data To FASTR โ€” 3 < -5 charge>

<Health>: 100%

<Charge>: 82%

<Storage>: 0%

<Situation>: You further investigate the capsule for anything useful, but find only long streaks of torn metal along the podโ€™s hull. Inside the capsule is only the small space that held you during your descent. As you move along the shallow body of water, you decide to take a small sample of it. However, due to its extremely short depth, you could barely extract any water without scooping up sand, and you discard the useless information. Out of nowhere, you receive a message from a nearby FASTR, requesting a status report. You send your collected data to the FASTR probe (as well as a reply), and begin planning what to do next.

Waiting List:

  • Svrangite
  • Pyroball
  • polymorph011
  • Nein99
  • Neocro-84
  • jellyfishmon


(Radical Revolutionary) #37

The black place is obviously a vocalno
Action:approach the beach
Action 2:find anything that gives signs of life like shells,eggs,โ€ฆ
Action 3:charge up energy


(๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”๐“ˆ) #38

Action: Take one of the tunnels and try to find a way out


(Evolution4Weak) #39

Action 1: Check Myself
Action 2: Analyze The Air
Action 3: Relay Data


(Askyw) #40

Action 1: Gather soil samples.
Action 2: Follow trail to the top.
Action 3: Charge the solar batteries.


(๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘ฑ๐’๐’๐’๐’š ๐‘ฌ๐’Ž๐’‘๐’†๐’“๐’๐’“ ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘บ๐’†๐’‚๐’‡๐’๐’๐’…) #41

Attention all people!
I was hoping to get one more round out before I became inactive, but unfortunately I donโ€™t have all of the responses. I will return with a round in two weeks.