The Cavern (Seed world Evolution Game)

Ancestor: Glow fox

Common Name: Ghost fox.

Description: The glowing cysts now exist all over the body of the fox, the strength of the glow can also be controlled by the fox by making the skin of the cysts less opaque. The fox has also developed better senses of smell and hearing and has started to lose the majority of its fur, relying on reserves of subdermal fat for insulation instead. It grows to be slightly larger than its ancestor.

1 Like

Oh hey cool I just realized as of my zaratan every organism has gotten at least one evolution!

Mkay, time for new biomes to appear (Ima break my own rule again to do more plants)

Ancestor: Cave Lights
Name: Glowtower
Description: A large, glowing species of mushroom, these are nearly the size of trees and dominate the cave ecosystems, especially near the shores of cave lakes. Have a tougher stalk to avoid toppling over and having to completely regrow.

Ancestor: Cave Lights
Name: Spirit Boats
Description: These fungus are living, glowing rafts, floating along cave lakes or rivers and exploiting a new, nearby untouched frontier of cavern sea plants. They travel everywhere through the caves, including areas unconnected to any other part. They have thorny protrusions to prevent grazing by underwater animals

Ancestor: Spirit Boats
Name: Glowtangles
Description: Having washed up on shore as minute cave rafts, these large tangles are mostly all one organism, exploiting an empty niche in new, barren areas of the caves by being a new ground plant. Though mostly unecesaary, they have evolved even more thorn like spines to deter any castaway herbivores from eating them.

Ancestor: Spirit Boats
Name: Glowing Carpet
Description: In different parts of the caves from glowtangles, shored spirit boats have retained their minute size and become more moss-like ground covering. Small shrooms can be seen growing in patches here and there, but it is mostly fluffy hyphae

Ancestor: Cave Diatoms
Name: Magnet Coral
Description: Clumping up on the bottom of the Cave Lakes, they photosynthesize using the light from the Spirit Boats, though also prefer to stick closer to the shore to also be able to benefit from more shore bound mushrooms. Using the metals in their cell walls, they create a slight magnetic field that is used to catch and latch free floating diatoms onto the colony, steadily growing in size and energy production for the colony as a whole. They are black in color, with some purple

Ancestor: Magnet Coral
Name: Steel Shrubs
Description: To better be able to utilize the light made by the surface dwelling mushrooms, these diatoms start their colony in the shallows and then slowly build up into the air, being partly amphibious and requiring the water provided by the bottom diatoms. They are closer to being one solid organism than before, the internal cell walls of the diatoms more porous than before but still present.

Ancestor: Steel Shrubs
Name: Silverbranches
Description: Having exploited the lack of tall plants in the cave shores of the glowing carpets, these plants have a large, central structure that acts as a defensive trunk, and have grown so large to not only absorb maximum light from their glowing carpet but also from the glow across the lake. They have black, gleaming branches with purple leaf like structures on them

I am also removing the no subsequent evolutions by a single person rule, but am adding that an organism can currently have a max of five evolutions (not including base organism) until every organism has such. That means Glowing mushroom evolutions are maxed out after this post until every other organism also has five evolutions

1 Like

I actually have an issue with the metallic coloration: so irl, the amount of light produced by even the best bioluminescers is orders of magnitude lower in power than sunlight. Now, I’d course caves can cover the walls and ceilings to allow for more room for shrooms or plants, and the stacked layers of this allow for quite a lot of plant-mushroom areas, especially with all your new plants and mushrooms. Now this would result in a pitifully tiny amount of oxygen unless you upped the efficiency of photosynthesis, which isn’t that hard so Ive sort of assuming that adaptations for that had been going on in the background. Issue is, metallic colors are characterized by reflecting a lot of colors quite well, in fact you can often see the majority of a light reflected in the form of a reflection, but the thing is, you’d only evolve a color like that if you wanted to avoid light, yk, cause it reflects, but when you live in a twilight word starved of oxygen, you need the opposite, really dark, non reflective colors. Black would be nice. Purple maybe. Silver? Nope. I’d love to have some silver plants, but that’s just super unlikely. Unless actually - on the surface! Up their UV light would rip into your cells like a manic demon, and being light resistant wouldn’t hurt your survival chance much, quite the opposite actually. So anywho, sorry about that

1 Like

Actually, I think this is quite good. What about black with purple leaf structures, and we could do a Forest on the Everest plains that is silver and blue?

Ancestor: Pupgrass
Name: Edgeweed
Adaptations: A central root-bulb from wich the roots and leaves grow, shedding, thin and long leaves
Habitat: edge valley
Description: this plant species evolved to survive the conditions of the edge valley, shedding its leaves when it becomes winter.

Ancestor: digger armadillo
Name: Silverback
Adaptations: a bigger body size, bulkier claws and its armor becomes of a silver hue
Size: 1,50 meters in lenght
Habitat: caves
Diet: the mushrooms
Description: This species has no predators, keeping itself safe using its claws

i think i lost track, i can get what the overall specice thast exsist now?
if i undestand myself

List of organisms and evolutions, for now all are still extant (not for long tho):

Glowing Mushrooms

1. Cave Lights
  2. Glowtowers
  3. Spirit Boats
  4. Glowtangles
  5. Glow Carpet

Diatoms

1. Cave Diatoms
  2. Magnet Coral
  3. Steel Shrubs
  4. Silverbranches (still calling them that even tho they ain’t silver any more)
  5. Sea Raft

Dogwood Trees

1. Pupgrass
  2. Wolfwood
  3. Stray Dogwood
  4. Edgegrass
  5. Jaw Trees

Poison Ivy

1. Poison Carpet
  2. Frosty Ivy
  3. Climber Carpet
  4. Side Ivy
  5. Everest Needle

Nautilus

1. Caver Nautilus
  2. Shell Kraken
  3. Spear Nautilus
  4. Shovelshell
  5. Shorestalker

Shoebill

1. Grapplebeak
  2. Beakrunner
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Armadillo

1. Digger Armadillo
  2. Silverback
  3. Armamole
  4. ???
  5. ???

Caecilians

1. Depth Caecilians
  2. Slimewraiths
  3. Nightmares
  4. ???
  5. ???

Mutant Ghost Frog

1. Cave Stalker
  2. Glow Frogs
  3. Bonelights
  4. Cave Wraiths
  5. ???

Yawunik

1. Clawunik
  2. False Anamalocaris
  3. Clawcreepers
  4. ???
  5. ???

Clouded Leopard

1. Caving Leopard
  2. Leopuma
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Kiwi Bird

1. Cave Kiwi
  2. Needlebird
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Chameleon

1. Sea Chameleon
  2. Snappers
  3. Cavernjaws
  4. ???
  5. ???

Inciviosaurus

1. Incaversaurus
  2. Vetovaesaurus
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Rhino

1. Skinny Rhino
  2. Dandroms
  3. Woollier Rhino
  4. Bushhorn
  5. ???

Brachiosaurus

1. Bonefoot Brachiosaurus
  2. Mountain Leapers
  3. Frost Titans
  4. Giant Seekers
  5. Woodrunner

Hawksbill Sea Turtle

1. Zaratan
  2. Terratons
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Crab Eating Fox

1. Glow Fox
  2. Ghost Fox
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Candy striped hermit crabs

1. Hardbacked Hermit Crab
  2. Nautilus Scavenger Crabs
  3. False Nautilus
  4. Climber Crab
  5. Pollenbrush Crabs

Ermine

1. Burrowing Ermine
  2. Tree Ermine
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Nursery Sharks

1. Pool Sharks
  2. Hydrosharks
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Brittle Stars

1. Waving Stars
  2. Heat Wavestars
  3. Radio Arms
  4. ???
  5. ???

Warrah

1. Jumper Wolf
  2. Rainrunner
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Atlas Bear

1. Edge Bear
  2. Hell Bear
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Guam Rail

1. Edge Rail
  2. Bearded Rail
  3. Quillhaunt
  4. ???
  5. ???

Ringtail

1. Wrongtail
  2. Tailwalker
  3. Scouter
  4. Ringiraffe
  5. Tritan

Crested Groshawk

1. Giant Groshawk
  2. Skyvalhawk
  3. Grosgull
  4. ???
  5. ???

Hatchetfish

1. Longtail
  2. Daggerfish
  3. Axefish
  4. Moonseal
  5. Abyss Leviathan

Cave Aphids

1. Deep Cave Aphid
  2. Wandering Aphid
  3. Jumping Aphid
  4. Thornstalker
  5. Shroomfarmer

Copepod

1. Cave Copepod
  2. Copecreep
  3. Leaflimb
  4. Sea Sweeper
  5. False Sweeper

Again, there is no more limit for posting multiple times on a single organism, but number of evolutions (not including base organism) can only be up to five - total, across everyone - for now

I will edit this as more organisms are made

2 Likes

Here are some ideas I had:

Ancestor: Nautilus
Name: Shell Kraken
Description: This type of nautilus grows to be very large by changing its food type to small creatures like Copepod and Diatoms. Because of this diet change it is also grown for protection. Their arms have become more effective at filtering

Ancestor: Yawunik
Name: False anomolocaris
Description: They began to specialize in speed in order to escape madmen, and for this they opened up some of the fins to larger ones, so that they were similar in motion to anomolocaris, but they began to consume small creatures that they could catch.

Ancestor: Kiwi Bird
Name: Niddlerd
Description: This kiwi species has developed a larger body and strong legs for being threatening against predators. They are now more similar to the cassowary, but thanks to their large and long developed beak, they are able to stab and pick up small creatures like aphids.

Ancestor: Candy striped hermit crabs
Name: Nautilied Scavenger crabs
Description: This species of hermit crab has begun to specialize in finding the only type of conch that exists on this planet: the Nautilus conch, which unlike those that normally do on Earth, is more compressed in the abdomen so that they can be compressed into this conch. To make it easier for them to squeeze in there, their hind legs became stronger for breaking the layers that separate the conch, allowing them to maintain this conch for the rest of their lives instead of finding new ones.

Ancestor: Copepod
Name: Copeclock
Description: They look like their ancestors, but in order to survive in this world, they began to roam in more difficult places and began to eat marine snow in the depths in order to survive, contributing to the carbon cycle and also serving as a food source for the depths.

Ancestor: Cave Aphids
Name: Jump Aphids
Description: Because of a missing niche in the tropics, they began to develop back traits that resembled “Earth” aphids: sucking tree trunks and plants. But unlike them, their legs have grown a little more to help move in the ground and also to adjust to a jump, similar to a grasshopper.

Ancestor: Poison Carpet
Name: Clamer Capet
Description: In tropical areas where there is not enough light in the soil, they began to grow on tree trunks in order to reach better light sources, making the forests tangled in the shape of “vines”.

Ancestor: Chameleon
Name: Snappers
Description: A species much larger than its ancestors that roams the forests and uses its large tongue to catch fruits that is usually difficult to reach, similar to the trunk of elephants. They use the color change to communicate and to threaten predators

Ancestor: Waving Stars
Name: Radio arms
Description: This species began to bury objects in the sands and expose only their arms to mimic prey that would come close to being caught similar to a trap. They began to move less to the association of their ancestors.

Ancestor: Shoebill
Name: Beakrunner
Description: A species of Shoebill that started running in the savannah to hunt for armadillos and uses its source to get them out of the burrows and break their armor, allows them to obtain food that is usually hard to find there.

Ancestor: Rhino
Name: Dandroms
Description: A smaller species of rhino that has begun to graze in wide fields, similar to the water buffalo, and uses their numbers and large horns to drive away predators that can harm them.

Ancestor: Clouded Leopard
Name: Leopuma
Description: This species is part of being bigger and living in herds like lions for hunting prey that is hard to kill. They behave similarly to lions except for no permanent leader, whose hierarchy is more like wolves.

Ancestor: Crested Groshawk
Name: Skyvalhawk
Description: This large species began to specialize in finding bodies instead of hunting others, turning it into scavenger food. Thanks to this they have become larger, but because bodies are hard to find, they are also excellent at storing nutrients, though limited.

I think I exaggerated in quantity, but I had some ideas about it. Sorry if anything I broke one or two things.

1 Like

This is great! The only thing I noticed a little off is what happened to the false anamalocaris’s needle finger-tentacles/jaw arm limbs?

Oh and what ‘madmen’ are they escaping? Are you talking about your Sea Chameleon or a new predator?

they become more robast, but they Behave the same (hard to know from the knowledge we have about them, I read about them)

Yes, to the sea chamilione and to any futre predetor I use Google Translate, and somehow it always translates predator to madmen for some resone

1 Like

Google translate doesnt seem to like predators.

Ancestor: edge rail
Name: bearded rail
Adaptations: a bigger body size , a bulkier beak and a group of feathers in his front that can be straightened
Habitat: edge valley
Diet: frost ivy and edgeweed
Description: a more adapted species that straightens the feathers in his front to make it seem like it has a beard inorder to attract mates.

2 Likes

Comment updated with the new species.

A more focused list on what is needed before first extinction event (know that in this first one the valley doesn’t quite close, but it definitely shrinks/changes)

3 Shoebills
2 Armadillos
2 Caecilians
1 Mutant Ghost Frogs
2 Yawuniks
3 Clouded Leopard
3 Kiwi Bird
2 Chameleon
3 Inciviosaurus
1 Rhino
2 Hawksbill Sea Turtle
3 Crab Eating Fox
3 Ermine
3 Nursery Sharks
2 Brittle Stars
3 Warrah
3 Atlas Bears
2 Guam Rail
2 Crested Groshawks

This comment will also be updated as time goes on

Ancestor: frost ivy
Name: side ivy
Adaptations: a more robust stem that is also capable of sprouting roots to better anchor itself to the side of the valley, a more dense quantity of leaves
Habitat: valley side

Is more additions, this was my last for now, expecting others to add more.

Ancestor: Ringtails
Name: Tailwalker
Description: In order to protect themselves from predators larger than them, the tail hairs began to become tougher to the level that they are now similar to hedgehogs, only in their tails, allowing them to defend themselves with the help of their thorny tails.

Ancestor: Hatchetfish
Name: Daggerfish
Description: Their bellies have become stiffer and now look “bigger” to attract females and also to deter predators. It is possible to use them as a sprout as a swordfish does.

Ancestor: Ermine
Name: Treermine
Description: Their small, flexible size allows them to hunt for their prey in the treetops, and for this they have developed stronger claws and a more flexible body. They prefer to hunt for anything flying

Ancestor: Hawksbill Sea Turtle
Name: Terratons
Description: This species began instead of swimming in the sea, returning to land and for that its leg joints began to rise and become more adapted to walking on land, but its gait is similar to the high gait of alligators and their relatively heavy body does not allow them to cross long distances, but it is enough to move between pools and search Food there.

Ancestor: Brachiosaurus
Name: Giant Seeker
Description: Being restricted in food, their bodies have become much smaller, but still larger than most creatures, and they play a key role in symbiosis with the Dandroms in terms of security: their high size allows them to remotely watch predators while the Dandroms provide the protection they lack. As a result, they became dependent on them from a defense standpoint.

Ancestor: Inciviosaurus
Name: Vetovaesarus
Description: This species that lives in the forests followed a pressure similar to that of its relatives: this species began to use its powerful claws to climb trees and its feathered arms began to expand allowing them to soar. But unlike a creature like Archeopteryx, they started hunting at night and hunted mostly on the ground using a crash hunting method on small creatures, and for that, their limbs thickened and started to become more aerodynamic.

Ancestor: Digger Armadillo
Name: Armamold
Description: Their underground life style has made their bodies narrow and long, their armor smoother and wrapped and their paws wider and more like a shovel, allowing them to dig better underground.

Ancestor: Warrah
Name: Rainwareth
Description: This species have become more flexible predators and are able to hunt for small prey quickly, but at the same time also as prey for larger predatory creatures, for this they specialized in fast running and maneuvering using their tail, allowing them to hunt in any environment.

Ancestor: Edge Bear
Name: Hell Bear
Description: The largest predator to date, this species that descended from the mountains to the valley, began to specialize as both a predator and an occasional scavenger, but when it hunts, it is strong enough to hunt a rhino on its own. They are solitary and territorial and their color is similar to their environment.

Hope I did not do anything wrong

Ancestor: Hatchetfish
Name: Axefish
Description, a much larger hatchetfish, with a speciality toward less pressured environments, near the coast, and in coral reefs these creatures find mates with their bright, scaled and bioluminescent figures, they excel at eating small shellfish and marine animals, such as the eggs of other fish species.

main improvements are,
stronger skeletal system + scales for low pressure environments
slight changes to their diet

1 Like

Wait what why can it fly now? Also, usually mass offspring animals have a specific breeding season to maximize the effect of the flood of young.

How does the bow force work again? What are they shooting?

You like to make massive evolutionary leaps, there were no precursors to this flight that would be necessary for this to happen.

At the very least gliding and some sort of propulsion system to propel them out of the water would be needed

it always had light gliding, it is a species of flying fish, i just doubled down, also it uses its abdomen (idk what the fish part of it is) to contract their fins at a high speed in order to fly out of the water, and into other water sources.

Hatchetfish are not flying fish, they are a (really several) species of deep water fish with bioluminescent spots