THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

You have a beautiful voice, Quantum Crab! :grin:

2 Likes

Hey @QuantumCrab. What the fuck.

2 Likes

Hey @Magic8Ball04. I don’t know and need help .

2 Likes

What just happened? I don’t understand!

1 Like

truly worth the 3 month wait since your last upload

3 Likes

There’s a badge for flagging. May I flag @Rednascar11 and/or @KikyGames for getting it since they are already banned (thus it wouldn’t have major consequences)?

Also…

That’s it @RoboRomb! //I’m mentioning him because I want him to notice my sincere congratulations

I’m proud of ya, boy.

1 Like

The post was edited. It was a welcome message for a new user who had not posted. We have hundreds of users who join the forum but don’t post anything, it’s a waste of a post to welcome them. It can also intimidate the new users.

Depends on the moderator who reviews the flag. But at the very least your profile will permanently show to all moderators that you have made unhelpful flag. You’ll just have to wait for someone to spam or belgiumpost to flag them.
Additionally I think that the discobot tutorial, specifically asks you to flag discobots post in the private message.

1 Like

@hhyyrylainen please use :belgium:post instead of s***post.

The discobot tutorial doesn’t actually give the badge, because discobot automatically removes it.

1 Like

Which is correct. As the badge is reserved to honor those users who keep the forums clean by correctly flagging posts.

3 Likes

I don’t think this belongs on the music suggestion thread.

1 Like
Here are baby raccoons. So cute. Sadly, their mother didn’t come back, but some people built them a shelter.
1 Like

has anyone seen the youtube video about the escaping baby panda.

Negative. I didn’t see that video. You can share it if you want.

P.S.: Hey, @hhyyrylainen. You’re kinda an expert in computer science, so I wanted to ask you :

“Is it safe to use biometrics system on a cellphone? Can cellphone companies sell my biometrics data of my phone to authorities (legally and illegally) like genealogy companies selling dna data to authorities? Can hackers steal my biometrics data as well?”

EDIT : Illegally meaning how can they realistically sell the data without taking account of the law.

i don’t know how to share videos but if you go i on youtube and type in escaping baby panda then you should get the video.

you just copy-paste the link of the video into your post and it should show it in-post.

This is more of a legal question than technical question. Technically it would be really easy to include biometrics data into backups or other data that regularly leaves a cell phone. Though, I’ve heard that in order to secure things many of the biometrics sensors like fingerprint sensors may have an internal storage that disallows the phone from reading it. So it is possible that companies have on a hardware level protected that data so that even they cannot read it.
I would guess that companies must disclose the data they collect in their license agreement, which people don’t read, and then act surprised that their data was sold according to the contract they accepted when registering. It is also possible here that some things are flat out illegal (in some places) and even if it reads in a contract that part of the contract is automatically invalid. I would also guess that biometrics data would count as personal information under GDPR, requiring companies to have a legal reason or an explicit consent check box to handle the data.
If the company can access the biometrics data, it is also possible that there is a vulnerability that lets hackers access the same data. I would imagine that that would cause a huge belgiumstorm and “everyone” would hear of it pretty quickly.

As to your last question: there are buyers for even stolen credit card numbers, thus it is not difficult to imagine that there is a market for illegally collected user data as well.

So the only protection is that there are security researchers actively looking at stuff like this going on and uncovering it (of course it is also possible that there exists an ethical company whose staff would resign before they implemented such data collection). And if a company is found out doing this I’d imagine they would lose consumer trust very quickly and be hit with huge fines.

3 Likes

5 Likes

heavy breathing

Yes yes yeS.

1 Like

Right here.
https://www.deviantart.com/sciocont/art/Disturbance-315314219

2 Likes