THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

I used to have typical dreams and nightmares, now I just get anxiety dreams.
Late for work, missed a deadline, in public without pants, just the usual awful until you wake up.

Oh, plus that weird one this morning where half my shower was a deadly pit of lava

1 Like
Last night, I dreamed about me being captured by some kind of Combine creatures, and that they put me inside a kind of ā€˜enslavingā€™ machine (a kind of machine that performs surgery on a creature and insert cybernetic implants to enslave the specimen). The machine was going to use its scalpel, then I suddenly had an adrenaline boost. I took the scalpel by its handle, ripped it off, broke the machine, and got out. The creatures started shooting me, yet I didnā€™t feel anything. I ran toward them to kill them all. And thenā€¦ I woke up.
I think itā€™s probably because Iā€™ve been playing Black Mesa (beta 1.0) recently and that I have some ā€œsuicidalā€ behavior when it comes to FPS games (e.g. running and gunning enemies despite them shooting at me, running towards them with an activated grenade in my hands, killing them often with melee weapons or crowbar, etc.).

wait what? today is blackjackā€™s bday? but his last bday was in november!

Wait a minute. Thatā€™s not right!

Apparently you can change your birthday on your account.

Oh yeah, well I decided to change my birthday on the Kommooonity fowums for the sake of privacy conspiracy anb sadadfnhjkfheuigfbvgjknlfdnljsakldjkasjdiohwfnhbkderfnhkljhbnfuiehfuioyrbyheju!
By the way, Iā€™ve been playing the Black Mesa Beta 1.0 recently. I had all 25 achievements, but then 25 more appeared with Xen maps. I couldnā€™t load my old saves due to compatibility issues, so I restarted the game and did every achievements. Iā€™ve unlocked most of them including the last one today (last one was like 10 or 15 minutes ago). Now, Iā€™ve got 'em all! Yay!
It was a very epic journey, yet it wouldā€™ve been cooler if there hadnā€™t been so many glitches and performance issues despite my computer being above the recommended requirements.
How do you find the game guys?
EDIT: There are some achievements in other games (cough XCOM cough) where Iā€™veā€¦ well, havenā€™t been quite honest. I feel ashamed about it, so I want to remove them and re-get them the legit way. Iā€™ve learned that itā€™s impossible to do without resetting stat except using SAM; however, I want to know if thereā€™s something better than SAM to remove achievements. Iā€™m kinda afraid of that tool.
Do you guys know a tool (except SAM) that can remove achievements?
EDIT 2: @hhyyrylainen, when you said that Google Earth was less active, I noticed that it is because they are developing the brand new web version. Pretty neat actually, but it lacks something. While it shows provinces in some countries such as Canada and USA, it doesnā€™t in some other (e.g. Russia) so people have to search the name of the province themselves to find it.
P.S.: Yeah, I mentioned you because I wanted to clarify and also because the forums are so dead during the winter.
1 Like

I actually purchased black mesa a long while back but never played it because I wanted to wait for it to be finished. I guess I forgot I even owned it and havenā€™t checked up on it since I bought it. Great to hear they finally added Xen.
Iā€™ll have to check it out when Iā€™m not busy and feel like playing an fps shooter.

I apologize for not being active on the forums by the way. Iā€™ve never been the type of person who enjoys forums and still dont really frequent them but I make a point to check on here as often as I can. Though I still dont say much because Iā€™m also not necessarily social.

3 Likes

Today is supposed to be the release of Black Mesa apparently, but I canā€™t see it in the news.

So me in real life, but so not me on computer.

I speak English mucho grande.

English mother :belgium:er!

Do you-- blackjacksike.exe stopped working.

1 Like

well, how about chinese? ęˆ‘åƒå°äŗŗć€‚ä»–ä»¬å¾ˆå„½åƒć€‚ä½ å‘¢ļ¼Ÿ

2 Likes

Or portuguese? AlguƩm poderia me explicar a frase acima?

1 Like

or arabic? Ų£Ł†Ų§ Ł…ŲŖŲ£ŁƒŲÆ Ų£Ł†ŁƒŁ… Ł„Ł† ŲŖŁŁ‡Ł…ŁˆŁ†ŁŠ Łˆ Ł„ŁƒŁ† Ų£ŲŖŁŁ‡Ł…ŁˆŁ†Ł†ŁŠŲŸ (arabic is read from right to left btw)

1 Like
Well, English is the most spoken language by counting native AND non-native speakers, so reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

By the way, Black Mesa is fully released!

Iā€™ve just played on multi and I was surprised to see 32 players! Iā€™ve never seen more than 6 players until now.
2 Likes

I again had a dream about spore its the third one about spore the first one was about cell stage I cannot recall anything special about it and also with the second one the second one was about creature stage and tribe stage? I guess. The third one was about the aquatic stage and the wierd thing was that it was 2d and you choose which mouths you wanted for your playthrough? And also I recall one unnamed evolution game dream and two thrive dreams that were just microbe stage, but maybe more but I donā€™t remember.

1 Like

Finally, theyā€™ve released the full version of Blapature Science

1 Like

Shout box now has the ā€˜newā€™ message on it permanently

Iā€™ve been playing Saints Row IV these days, and Iā€™m almost at the end of the game. But it just keeps freezing randomly! My driver is already up to date, specs are fine, Iā€™ve tried some ā€œtemporaryā€ solutions, but it just keeps crashing! I went on the Internet and itā€™s a common issue, so why the developers havenā€™t fixed it already if it makes the game unplayable at times?
It really pisses me off that I canā€™t even finish the damn game.

I played through saints row 4 with just one crash in the 23 hours I played of it.

Yeah, well at the beginning I didnā€™t get any crash. But recently, itā€™s started to happen generally after like 1 or 2 hours (excluding pause menu since it doesnā€™t affect the issue). Now, I have to go rescue Keith David and it just freezes in one of the cutscenes (either him fighting at the beginning or the end of the mission). So it takes 5 minutes to freeze instead of 1 hour now.

I think Iā€™m gonna do my calculus exercise instead.

UPDATE: FINALLY! I may have found the problem. Apparently, if you are using alien weapons (especially in missions), it triggers the freeze after a random amount of time. So I replaced all my alien weapons with normal ones and I havenā€™t seen the freeze yet. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if it ever comes to haunt me again, but maybe that was the issue. Why? I have no idea.

Not for me. Maybe someone found the shout box thread and liked one of your comments?

Happy bday @TheRexYo!

posted this here to not double post on the bday thread.

What if on the stream of every x.0.0 version of game the devs replay every x.y.0 version of the game?