THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Hasn’t been decided yet. I hope making a release will encourage people to contribute again or join the team.

3 Likes

“Hope is the thing the thrivists never forget to have”
-Me

2 Likes

You probably should have posted that in the Original quotes thread

Other than that I like that quote

I’m doing it now

Also i didnt want to post a quote without context first

2 Likes

Also I now remember that I wanted to mention this: as all of our stuff is spread accross multiple repos, you need to actually look at the planning board: Planning
to see how many open bugs / things to do there are. Right now I count 259, counting all the columns except done.

Also the release is already out (but the devblog is not ready yet): https://github.com/Revolutionary-Games/Thrive/releases/tag/v0.5.1

5 Likes
If it is about the slider, why not make it so that moving the slider doesn’t cost MP and that the change should cost MP when you click on an “Apply” button?
1 Like

Why isnt the devblog ready yet? Did something go wrong? Or did I in my stay here dont see it before?

(I’m not rushing anyone)

The people who normally write them, are busy, but Buckly did write a draft, but that hasn’t been moved to the website yet and finalized.

In some cases this would be a nice solution, but I think in the thrive case it would clutter the UI quite a bit and players would forget to press it. You wouldn’t believe how anxious it makes me to watch thrive let’s plays where the player forgets to hit the move to patch button multiple times.

5 Likes

Trailer talk

Who was the man in the video? Judging by the gravity of the voice, I suggest it’s either Oliveriver or maybe hhyyrylainen since the man looked like a Viking (a man from Northen Europe).
1 Like

It was Naggorath I believe.

1 Like
I’m so silly. I can’t even recognize someone.
1 Like

I’m a bit disappointed that people haven’t started sharing saves in order to compete who can survive playing a really bad cell, for example.

6 Likes
Maybe it would be easier if we could upload our saves to the forums. The only issue is that it would take up space.

Maybe. I’m honestly surprised that people have such a hard time trying to share files. If nothing else I hope that some community member would volunteer to setup a way to share the saves.

1 Like

That is a good website to share files
you could probably use it to share savefiles but they don’t last forever but it free and easy to use

If the files don’t last forever that’s a really bad solution. Imagine coming back to a challenge thread after some time wanting to play it again, only to find that the link expired.
AFAIK https://mega.nz/ allows you to share files in a way that doesn’t make them expire, as long as the free storage is enough.

I uploaded a save file and created a thread for it. What do you think about my save?

The Army of hhyyrylainen Clones

They will vanquish the Issues Order!

1 Like

Incase anybody starts wondering why I liked their posts from a long while back, it is because I accidentally read and liked the 0.4.1 feedback thread thinking it was the 0.5.1 like a champ. Serves me right for not paying as much attention as I aught to!

3 Likes

Hmm…
Screenshot (9)
I somehow managed to balance phosphate at just below the required amount, lol.

1 Like

I’m back… probably. Idk the 0.5.1 trailer caught my attention so I decided to check the forum out again.

Also, yay old profile pic that matches my name.

8 Likes