THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

i think to do any kind of modding you have to open the source code in the godot editor and then make changes there then export the resulting pck files which the player then insert into the game files.

this does mean only 1 mod can exist at a time

i have not tried this yet but this is what i have found from my research.

I think this tool from hhyyrylainen is what you were talking about
so you don’t need to use the godot editor just this tool

I see you found this already as I got notified of a new like:

With it you can make small mods, though as I noted only one such mod can be easily installed.
Godot has support to load additional pck files as well as load C# from extra dlls, so if someone adds (cough GitHub - Revolutionary-Games/Thrive: The main repository for the development of the evolution game Thrive. cough) support for mod loading in Thrive, we can have proper mod support.

Without the tool you couldn’t make any mods (except trying a different Godot engine version by replacing the executable), as this is what you get in Thrive releases (the data folder contains just some Mono files):
Kuvakaappaus - 2020-08-03 17-59-41

2 Likes

I tried using the tool but all the code files seems to be empty and all the textures and sounds are .import files

The script files are compiled into a dll file. They are kept with 1 byte content just in case something checks if the files exist.
All the assets are included in Godot specific format. Godot needs standard formats to be imported as Godot specific formats to work, so that’s the format they are included as in the release.

1 Like

As a response to videos…

2 Likes

I see Regular users have abused their permission to create tags. As such I’ve set it so that only Leader rank users (which can only be manually granted by a moderator) can create tags.

Missing Emoji

missingIcons

Tags

@hhyyrylainen, what do you mean? We could create tags? How did regulars abuse this power?
1 Like

I saw 2 tags with joke names, one of which contained “teaking”, I’ll leave that as a clue to figure out who were the people who abused the power to create tags.

1 Like

I didn’t know you were also known as Boost.

I can’t find those tags. Where are they?

How do you create tags?

wait, someone made a tag named teaking?
bruh

also idk how to create tags nor have i created a tag before (if i did i dont remember it)

Which tags? Forum or discord?

In the forums.

What are them? Sry idk what are those tags never heard of them
Never mind
The category tags, right?

Me too.

You can’t find them because I immediately deleted them when I saw them.

https://community.revolutionarygamesstudio.com/tags

What was the other tag then?

Kuvakaappaus - 2020-08-04 18-33-32

1 Like

I think we can still create tags?

i have not created it yet but it show this

1 Like

If you can create a tag then it is a bug in discourse, as I’ve configured this:
Kuvakaappaus - 2020-08-04 18-52-47

Edit: testing emoji: :thrive:

1 Like

Looks like the reaction plugin (retort), doesn’t work nicely with the custom emojis stored behind a CDN:

it looks fine to me unless i am missing something?