THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Only @IceDjuro knows that.

1 Like

Howā€™s that you are active early in the morningā€¦Donā€™t you have RL things to do at that time?

Edit: just realized you might have a different time zone than mine

Time zones, but also corona, as Iā€™m studying and working from home, so I can check the forums while Iā€™m taking a break. At my university weā€™ve been in remote teaching mode the entire year. At this point is has been an entire year since I physically went to the university.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to try to pressure hh into making that his discord pfp now, thanks.

2 Likes

Why not his Forum pfp?

What level are you at in university? Bac., Master or Ph.D.?

Masterā€™s level. If all goes well, Iā€™ll be graduating in a few months.

Will you do a Ph.D.?

Nope. Iā€™ve burned out on scientific writing.

2 Likes

I guess that in a few months, the patreon will reach the first goal. Will you be the first part-time employee (or employer) of Revolutionary Game Studio?

are you interrogating him?

How is it an interrogation?

:policeman:

Update: hey you changed your pfp. Itā€™s a good one too.

Yes, I did, but the power of the F still resides in me

1 Like

I think Iā€™ll be able to work part time at least for a while after graduating, so I can work on Thrive. But one of the reasons I want to get Thrive up on steam (and also think of other ways to collect funds), is that that situation is not sustainable long-term.

7 Likes

what master are you going to get?

Information processing science, which I think is exclusive major to Finland (at least it doesnā€™t seem to be a thing in America), itā€™s basically computer science but actually good.

1 Like

What about central europe?

As far as Iā€™ve seen on Google / I can tell, itā€™s only a thing in Finland.
Most other places call a roughly equivalent program (see above my comment how it is computer science but better) either computer science, or some kind of software engineer or software development degree.
This is a description of what information processing science degree contains: Opintopolku.fi

1 Like

Any tips for exams? I always forget everything I revised in Exam Conditionsā€¦

1 Like

Pick a better major, which is the half serious advice I tell my friends if someone complains about exams.
In information processing science, over the 5 years, Iā€™ve had to take only like 2 written exams. All other course grading has been assignments, being present at exercises or lectures, and (group) projects.

2 Likes