THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Absolutely.

Summary

Agile, cunning, and barbaric reptilian creatures with some vaguely dinosaurian characteristics. They display their achievements and positions in society through elaborate piercings and tattoos, as well as body paint. They considerable value on strength, power, and war. They’re generally around four to five feet tall with short tails, razor sharp claws, dagger-like teeth, and black quills on their raptor-like heads and necks.

1 Like

K’ttoxuk?

possible scientific name: Deinolongicaudatus sapians

means sapient terrible longtail

3 Likes

@RoboRomb

Scientific name : Xenosaurus sapiens
Common name : Coturix

The common name is derived from two gods of war (Celtic mythology).

1 Like

Linguerians?

I just put words relating to it in google translate and try to combine some of the cooler sounding ones

1 Like

No, I will not let you

I really should get more verbose when writing down my ideas. Today, when tidying up my desk, I found a scrap of paper that said:

I remember it having been pretty important to me when I wrote it, but now I do not know what my past self is trying to tell me.

2 Likes

Thechnically, it isn’t a spoiler if it already happened

1 Like

Let’s say that in some episode in some series, we would find out that the protagonist was the daughter of the antagonist. Your friends that haven’t watched that episode will still get mad if you tell them that, despite the fact that she was birthed some time before the first episode.
They would also be mad if you were to tell them that the protagonist kills her own father, if they haven’t gotten to that episode yet, despite the fact that it already has happened and they are just late.
However, if we consider reality to be a movie we all watch at the same time, just that everyone only looks at their own areas of the screen (their lives), you may be right. But where is the fun in knowing everything? Where is the surprise to sate our boredom?

2 Likes

If you don’t want to know everything then don’t learn everything, nobody is forcing you.

Indeed. It’s one of the things that makes this scrap of paper weird. It sounds like someone who really likes to enjoy the moment and really tries hard to prevent people from taking his joy away.

You sit on your armchair and decide to watch some nice relaxing television. You take the remote and press the power button. You are immediately greeted by a man in a suit telling you everything you don’t know! Because of your quick thinking, you know exactly what to do as soon you realize what is happening: You take your sledgehammer, that you have conveniently placed by your armrest for these occasions, and show this overrated pile of silicon, metal, and plastic who the boss in this house is.

You feel weary and guilty after having sent your former companion to a better place, so you decide to take a walk.

While practicing locomotion on the sidewalk, you see the cars passing by, the birds in the parks and the people minding their business. Everything that had happened had already become a mere uncomfortable thought that would soon be forgotten, when you pass by a kiosk. At that moment, you immediately have to avert your eyes as you notice in horror that the daily news are being openly displayed, with all its truths and other people’s problems. You are feeling dizzy, you are beginning to sweat, you feel like throwing up. You have to go back to your apartment, now! You run towards the nearest taxi and board it, giving the pilot the address and the instruction to drive towards it as fast as possible.

You are finally calming down after a bit. The drive, despite its speed, is relaxing, probably due to the slow music that was already playing when you entered the taxi. The pilot seems to not appreciate it as much you do, for you see his hand go towards the tuning dial. It is at that moment that it becomes clear the danger you are in.
It is a moment too late.

The car expands, opens and becomes one with the world. You panic. The sky!, thoughts!, emotions!, the universe!, catches you in a wave of colossal magnitude, infiltrating your mouth, your larynx, your lungs! You can’t breathe, you are drowning! You open the taxi door and try to escape the Everything. You are held back! Damn these seatbelts! You unbuckle it in a hurry!
You leap.

You barely notice the truck driving in the other direction hit you, breaking your spine, your arms, and ripping apart your lower body. In fact, you don’t feel anything after this. Or if you did, it no longer matters. As you lie there on the asphalt as a mass of flesh, bone and gore, you feel the people walking around, the world moving. After what happened, some would wonder how you are still here, thinking, existing… These thoughts do not cross your mind as your consciousness slowly fades away.
You are finally alone. You are empty. You are Nothing.

2 Likes

What message are you trying to convey?

Not quite sure. At the beginning I tried writing a scenario in that person’s life, which then degenerated into something much weirder.

He fears and loathes the Everything (o tudo), the media being a channel through which the Everything flows. Where does this fear and hatred come from? It reflects existence and all that is attached to existing; it incites laughter, grief, worry, absurd emotions that try to give meaning to something that doesn’t; it is a futile attempt in perturbing the flow of our fate (o nosso fado).
It is only with his death that he finally finds peace and is free from an absurd world where everything exists and moves.

Edit:
Would there be any interest in Battle for Wesnoth game sessions (probably with mods like Alliances)? It seems there’s already Stellaris. Games can be pretty quick, depending on amount of players and map size.
Is this off-topic for even the “Not Thrive” section?

2 Likes

OK. Imma go create a new thrive related post

(I also stop you from threatening my throne)

Are you referring to this?

I didn’t know you could get a badge more than once:

3 Likes

The Patreon has just reached a new goal! We now have a part-time developer!

6 Likes

Well the patreon reaching the goal doesn’t mean that a signed contract for an employee appears out of thin air… it needs actual work to make that happen.

2 Likes

What? Next you’ll be telling us you didn’t sign your soul to the Worm-In-Waiting.

1 Like

Goes into Discord for a moment only to find that there is only one person (weird bug)

4 Likes