THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

From what i know it has been mentioned by some youtubers as a sort of “spore 2” and i know more than a few of us have been introduced to Thrive that way so it is a proven method, though that didn’t attract a huge community or anything.

I think the best we could do is to try and distance our image from spore, as a semi-popular 2000s game isn’t the best way to attract new fans (though completely giving up on this strategy is a bad idea).

1 Like

One of the things I seen is that people already heard about thrive but think that it is dead project

We developers have been pretty irregularly posting on r/INAT and r/GameDevClassifieds, so it would be preferable if you had some other places to talk about Thrive in mind.
Also it would be much better if you can post somewhere where you are active yourself (or at least really carefully read the rules regarding advertising there). I’m not aware that any community member had posted about Thrive (in an advertising kind of way) on a popular reddit.

Also, a few big-ish youtubers (more than few hundred thousand subscribers) have covered Thrive, so I don’t think it would hurt to suggest Thrive to other youtubers.

2 Likes

All videos of Thrive that I’ve seen have ‘Spore 2’ in tye title.

I agree with you, perhaps it may get some new fans.

i am not aloud to disclose why im being exiled I MEAN temporarily relocated to brazil.

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the suggestions. Any other idea please tell me.

Apparently. 0.5.3.2 is now 0.5.4.

1 Like

I wish i could pay the patreon to get the dev builds, but the dollar scalling to my currency is extremly high because of the pandemic :pensive:

:f:

Euro has the opposite problem: we pay our expenses (and future salaries) in euros, so whenever dollar falls, it takes out like 10% of our earnings. I’ve been thinking of switching the patreon membership goal levels be in euros to combat that, but I’m not sure if that is a good idea yet.

I’m in the last year of secondary education. Biology, in that last year, is only composed by one big research project we work on until the end. It involves making a scientific paper (obviously the conclusions and results are not intended to be taken too seriously by others), poster, video and presentation.
The results of my project are so bad, that in the conclusion of the article, to not make it too negative (something we are discourage to do), I wrote what essentially boils down to «We didn’t confirm our hypothesis, but neither did we refute it, further research possibly being able to confirm it and possibilitate [good thing it can do to society we mentioned in the introduction and abstract]»

When I think about it, this isn’t even a good think, if we are to believe what Karl Popper says.

The graphs I make, kind of remind me of this:

TIL that Blender was easier to learn how to use than I expected. Instead of following tutorials, I decided to do a simple model while following documentation, which proved to be much more efficient.

1 Like

I had the strangest dream, it was based in the Fallout universe but in Britain. Now I want a Fallout game in Britain.

1 Like

I think gameplay wise it’s completely different from Fallout, but the setting might be said to share at least some similarities:

1 Like

is there a limit to uploading images, as I can’t upload gif right now?

EDIT: does discourse support webp images/videos?

I think .gif’s might be disallowed, because they can be animated, which can be quite intrusive to the reader. I may also be mixing it up with animated profile pictures.

2 Likes

One could convert the GIF to MP4 frame by frame and try to upload it here.

Probably won’t work.

I think you can just convert the gif normally by using premiere or an web converter

I feel now that the forum is becoming more and more active and that people are returning.
This is a really good time to be now

Say what

4 Likes

Now you can do a badge completionist run as you have that badge, which you only have one chance to get.

2 Likes