THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

the forum just had an explosion of activity

yep, its thanks to pokemon_444

3 Likes

Ok, so this is a bug report, but itā€™s an edge case so i wonā€™t report it as a bug, but just as my mac lagging to death because running the compiled version while a youtube video plays in the background and the forum also in the background so ok?

So heres what happened, i needed to open thrive to fact check a post, an error saying ā€œJavaScript errorā€ or something happened when i launched the launcher, and when i used the launcher to launch Thrive, it got stuck on the revolutionary games logo.

The log looked different , but i closed before i could see exactly what thingy went wrong.

The day before the glitch happened, I reinstalled thrive using the settings button on the launcher to experiment a little.

P.S. has anyone seen a species starting with hhyyrylainen? seems similar to this developers username : @hhyyrylainen, Iā€™m onto something!

1 Like

There are easter egg names with some thrive developers and early thrive youtubers that can show up in species names, most of the time it should not be possible for it to be the exact name but close enough to be recognizable as to what it references.

including SPIKE VIPER?

He was too late by like a year because the developer adding the easter eggs had left the team by the time he played the game. Iā€™m talking like 3 years ago, the real OG Thrive youtubers.

oh ok. I thought he was the first creator, i had no idea it existed 3 years ago lol

i noticed that there is an unused ā€œevolutionary badgeā€ like Multicellular, or Spacefaring, called Ascending or something?

There is the Ascended group, but no one has posted enough to earn it. There are a few of us Spacefarers who might reach it in some number of years.

How much do you need to post before your primitive flesh body turns into pure energy and you have complete control over the entire universe?

5000 posts, I think, as spacefaring is 1000.

there is ascension in the forum???

Yes, there is, and it is the ultimate form

Welp, the discourse chat plugin (which was used for shoutbox) is properly dead now: Babble - A Chat Plugin - #416 by angus - broken-plugin - Discourse Meta

2 Likes

There is no more shoutboxā€¦ nor shoutbox kingā€¦

1 Like

Who was the final Shoutking? they deserve a crown

The last person to post in the Shoutbox II was hhyyrylainen

will this be the final shout?

Apparently shoutbox is a thread nowā€¦
Iā€™ll close this for now. If the plugin is ever fixed I can re-enable it and unlock this thread.

Whelp I guess @hhyyrylainen is even more incredible. Congrats on being orders of magnitude more than human.

Now that we are talking about thread kingsā€¦ Iā€™m still the misc king, right?

Well, I donā€™t think soā€¦